mrreventon

Aveo Sedan

When will GM launch a new or face lifted Aveo Sedan ? Am planning to buy current Aveo but do not want to get stuck with an outdated model if new one comming soon . How is the Aveo in terms of reliability ? Plz advise.Have seen the Aveo sedan on GM United Kingdom website.Looks different than out current one .

Thnx Archit For Quick Reply .

Any idea when new one be launched ? Had read in Autocar India that will be launched in 2009 .

Hope not be more than 6 months . Need to buy a car in that time

Test Driven the Fiesta . Found it not spacious enough.Driven dzire too but footwell too cramped .

Sx4 reviews not good.

Had waited for new honda city . But it out of my budget now :(

My driving is complete Mumbai City Subarban driving in Traffic.So need a comfortable , Reliable , Powerful AC car. Dont care much about fuel efficiency or Top speed as rarely Highway Driving

So thought about Aveo. Liked it , but am scared about it being replaced soon

They already facelifted the Optra , so Aveo should get one too me thinks

@MRRENENTO: where did you read bad reviews of SX4. I have one and i love it. Its the best VFM sedan that money can buy and is very entertaining and joy to drive. As of the new Aveo, it has still some time to come. Moreover you can get a good cash discount on the ongoing model which will cost you much-much lesser than the model to come. Aveo has good space and high quality interiors. I was also planning to buy Aveo 1.4 but opted for SX4 as I liked its power, performance and Brand Value more.

Test Driven the Fiesta . Found it not spacious enough.Driven dzire too but footwell too cramped .

Sx4 reviews not good.

Had waited for new honda city . But it out of my budget now :(

My driving is complete Mumbai City Subarban driving in Traffic.So need a comfortable ' date=' Reliable , Powerful AC car. Dont care much about fuel efficiency or Top speed as rarely Highway Driving

So thought about Aveo. Liked it , but am scared about it being replaced soon

They already facelifted the Optra , so Aveo should get one too me thinks

[/quote'] Hello Mrreventon, and you are welcome to the forum!

Aveo is a great car!...with excellent interiors in its class!...plus Chevy is offering great deal on it!.....the top-end comes with Airbags...and other useful features!overall its a nice car!....ya...as u said Chevy will launch its facelifted model but not before 09...!

then comes is FORD FIESTA !its a great package specially the new facelifted one!if you like it then simply go for it!

another option is MS SX4!!

..its simply amazing car with lots of features(like ..Airbags,Steering monted controls,Climatecontrol etc etc!) at very low price!!..plus its of maruti so u can trust on it!!...really SX4 is one to go for!smiley17.gif

EDIT: Just saw the SX4's post....i completely agree with him that SX4 is a great VFM car!smiley1.gif
vibhor2008-10-04 10:49:56

Yep SX4 is value for money but a bit out of my budget . i thnk base wil l come to 8 lacs on road mumbai. Chevy 1.4 top end with leather interiors  ( but no ABS or Airbags !!!!! :( ) comes to 7.5 lacs on road .

had read in many sites SX4 has quality problems , niggling problems so thought of avoiding it . and anyway it goes out of my budget . of course it has a bigger engine and more power , but my driving is complete mumbai suburban traffic driving so do not need much power

jst wish Aveo had ABS if not airbags . it there in 1.6 litre version as an option but then price goes too high

Yep can get a good deal frm chevy these days , and 3 years free maintainance package there on all chevy cars

Am just worried if new Aveo asedan launched soon , mine will b outdated and resale value will b badly hit ( which is not tht grt in frst place for Aveo i think )

Thnx anyway for all ur help

go for aveo ..nothing matches aveo in terms of looks,ride ,handling,etc...

good legroom & spacious cabin ....

with the revised gear ratios ...aveo 1.4 limited edition is a good deal

but u have to adjust with its mushy gearbox which has long throws..& dead steering...also resale value is less

sx4 is cramped at the rear & its stiff suspension give you the best harsh ride in the segment..

also poor buil quality...poor mileage...are other related issues.....

if u want good ride quality ....dont think anything else go for AVEO....

OR you wait for the new linea.....

why are you even comparing an aveo with a indigo or logan.......@mrreventon-buddy 1.4LS that fits your budget is a good choice.Its a great VFM car.....leather upholstrey,alloys,keyless entry awesome stereo(my dad drives a 1.6 aveo and the audio quality is nothing but MIND BLOWING),+the aveo has the looks and also the superb interiors and also GM'S maintanince scheme is piece of mind...though you won't get the driving pleasure of say a SX4 but still since it fits your budget quite nicely and has loads of features with lots of space look no further!

Aveo will surely get an update in 1st. quarter of 09, though this is my guess only, based on the assumption that facelifted Aveo hatch has been launched abroad.

Also the fledging sales of  present model will force GM to hurriedly make changes.

@mrreventon- The 50k you pay extra for SX4 would be easily be made from resale and service of Maruti. SX4 is a real VFM but interior plastics could be better and rear seats could be better. Aveo is actually a good car wonder why it hardly sold!! Also expect Aveo with a 1.3 MJD!!! 

@Karanraheja: Aveo hardly sold inspite of being the best looking car (at that time) and excellent interiors and rear seat comfort just because of its pricing. At that time, it was around 50k expensive than its competitor Fiesta and did not have the refinement and performance to match Fiesta either. Considering the poor sales of Aveo, Chevrolet started giving discounts upto 90k later but could not force the sales as it was already a FLOP.

And Cevrolet has done this blunder with alost every car. First they price their products very high and when it fails in market, the start giving Huge discounts/schemes or even reduce the price which reduces the image of the product in market. Very competent cars like Aveo, Uva and Spark have failed to capture the market just because of the poor pricing.

@MRREVENTON, you may be able to get Aveo at a decent price but once the new model comes, its already poor resale value will get even worse. A not so good car that sells well is better than a good car which does not sell.