Durango Dude

New Elantra !?!

Rear end's separated at birth??..Honda Civic...Chevy Cruze...Hyundai Elantra... This is probably the facelifted Elantra for the Chinese market..it may hit our shore's too, I think, worldwise aren't India and China on an even keel? Ok,Ok, India is 10 step's behind...Durango Dude2008-10-05 05:44:59

if this is the new Elantra then what about avante?!?nyways!..this car is also a good looker!....but personall speaking i love the indian elantra..but i think its now has been discontinued! smiley1.gifvibhor2008-10-05 08:18:28

The car looks too small in profile and does not feel to be a worthy competitor of Civic and Altis. Neither good nor bad - just like the current Elantra and the rear looks like the new Altis.

Hyundai did not take any lessons from its earlier Elantra debacle, the car bunked bigtime due to its shape. But , Hyundai's focus is on the American market, in which earlier gen. Elantra, despite its ugly looks sold in respectable nos. Going by the trend, Hyundai has developed this Elantra to please the American market & that is what this car is going to do. This is the reason why Hyundai is not bringing it into the Indian market in a hurry, as they know anything less than perfect is downrightly rejected & dumped by the India consumer, much opposite to the average American dumbo!

i just hope that this one doesnt comes to india...both this elantra and the avante are not that good car or i can say that they cant get success in india....

If any sedan based on i30 hatch can do well in india...i just love the i30..its great car..

Elantra was not flopped worldwide, its taxi in china and i also saw that in many other countries though it wasnt in large numbers are were there unlike in india...

But Speed that doesnt means that Americans have bad choice...atleast i can say they choose a better product overall rather than many other factors like in india...and its not only for americans but for many other countries too... 

the tail lights are a copy of jetta which is a copy of the corolla !!!! well overall this new elantra looks a better when compared to the elantra we have in india !!! i think they have raised the suspension of the car as well and it looks a bit sturdy as well !!!!

Good taste and mix of black and beige well i think that the car looks great may not be as good as the civic but is still buyable and considered as an alternative .I have today seen more than 14 corollas in S Mumbai (which is good number considering it is launched a month back only)

Though the car looks fine, but modern panache is missing from both exteriors & interiors. Hyundai needed to push the bar up for it has heavyweights- Corolla & Civic dominating at the top since time immemorial!

Yes Rssh, I have also seen lot of new Corolla's in my City, the car seems to be successful!

interiors seems to be top quality as in i20 and i10 but still for hyundai to be successful in india in premium range has to do something extraordinary in styling so that people start buying d car by seeing its styling and not brand...

well even i saw some corollas and front really looks grand but side n rear seems minor facelift but still its features are attracting customers ...