vibhor

Autocar India: This time I am dissapointed!!!

Save money... subscribe for a year or 2...
oh man!...i theres is even more problem in subscribing it!!..firstly all those few goodies which they used to give(but not now)..doesnt comes with it!..donno where does all these go!!!!!!!!!

..second' date=' the issue is always late!...it takes to reach home when its become old!..so theres no use of it!
[/quote']

budy i get the copy on 25/26th of every month..

yes there is problem of goodies but thats fine..they don't include it for subcribers due to additional postage involved..
but dont you think so that 25/26th of month is bit late??

Issue gets published on 20th or so. and I get it on 25/26 so thats perfectly fine...

Subscription is OK for those who are attuned to this process - subscribe and receive copies by post (delays and loss during transit once in a while are to be taken in stride).For many like me' date=' the news-stand buys are the best and most preferable. We can also have a copy while travelling at any city rather than receive it at home always! Cost increase to be offset by subscription is not a solution.
The cover price on the ACI magazine needs to be realistic -yes Rs 80 is a bit on the higher side. And as vibhor says the add-ons like CD's and posters are gone in mega (overweight) issues.We miss these! The advertisements were in hordes in the anniversary issue and very soon the reader touched the last page and felt - Oh was this all in the mega issue for 2008 ?
In a lighter vein, if manufacturers can cut a car's showrooms price cannot Autocar cut its news-stand price? Economists call it a price correction.
ACI is the best in business and beats the competition hollow. But it needs to be more VFM oriented for its readers.
[/quote'] You have just expressed my feelings ANJAN!!..Well said!

exactly!...news stands are better n as u have alredy specified vallid reasons for it!smiley32.gif

....another thing as u said IF CARMAKERS CAN CUT A CAR'S PRICE WHY CANT ACI ON BOOKSTAND PRICE!??!?..

..come on ACI!! wake up!! smiley12.gif

I HOPE AUTOCAR INDIA TEAM IS READING THIS!Thanks!smiley1.gif

@Vtec guy =buddy, As anjan has already said what i was thinkin about subscription...so i agree with him!...nyways Thanks to you alsosmiley17.gif

vibhor2008-10-06 16:11:41

...n other thing i would like to point out is that from some of the issues few articles/ news etc are missin!.smiley11.gif...dont know why but this time there is no "used car sec", "Petrosexual"etc etc...some other members also said about all this in some other thread!... vibhor2008-10-07 05:44:11

i dont agree with this..man they are not doing any charity they are doing business..there is a rule that When demand increases price increases and when demand goes on increasing, the price goes on increasing untill the demand falls due to increase in price...

They have created base for themselves, anybody who increases its goodwill, brand value will surely command a premium..

Ok tell me why they would give you quality material, all test rides before anybody else does, why?? Why do should do hardwork for consumers..ofcourse to get reward, if people are still buying it at Rs.80 i think Aci will think that price is justified and thats the price of their hardwork. They will increase it again and will see that if people are accepting it happily than again its Justified.. The time when people will think that its expensive and as a result when demand will fall then Aci will think that now their price is not justified so either they should increase the material or decrease/maintain the price for long period..Why Sony sells LCd's at higher price and why not Lg/Onida..products are nowadays almost same espeically Lcd but still they are commanding premium..coz they know that people will buy..Man if u think that they should think of Consumer i think you should think of Manufacturer..

325i wrote on the first page that sharp increase in raw materials cost forced them to increase the price..i think Higher price is justified when inflation is their or materials are increased..Another way of maintaining price is to decrease the quality and thus price will remain stable..now would you want that...

Actualy i never blame any comapny when they increase their prices coz its their matter and if we dont like it, we cant stop them, just stop buying their products nothing else you can do and nothing else you should do..

Buy OD/Auto india if you think they are cheap why to buy ACi...if you want quality then it comes with price and i think now they understood that people are willing to pay high prices also...

Everybody wants rewards for their work unless they are doing any donations or charities...Ya if the quality/quantity of materials is reduced and after that price is increased then its not done...And also why ACI mega issues are always expensive because they are loaded with pages and materials though most of them are Ad's but still prices depends on materials...i bought OD anniversary issue in Sept and it was of 120Rs...

Petrosexuals is not there from much time so not to complain about..

And regarding car company reducing prices so that is altogether a different product..And even they only reduce prices when they feel that their demand is decreasing ...

And magazines/newspaper/milk,etc you cant at all compare with Electronics/cars,etc...they are different....Magazines/newspaper and all goes on increasing while latter goes on decreasing..the mag in 2006 was around Rs.60 while when we bought Panasonic plasma it was about 1,30,000 and now when mag is Rs80, the same plasma with better features is about 60,000 so there is no sense in comparing those...

And subscriptions are better and you will get them after 5-6 days of launch..i also get my issues on 25th and maximum on 28th depending on the date of launch and days like public holidays/weekends,etc where posts are Off...

Now I think Anjan has valid point coz he roams for his purpose and can buy from anywhere but Vibhor buddy u dont go outside ur city everymonth or so, so it should not be problem for you...

And the gifts/discounts you get while subscrbing compensates well for those DVD's/posters which are of no use atleast for me...

and if you subscribe it for 3years its peace of mind as price increase will have no affect on you...

In short i will not blame ACi for price increase and its just 5Rs. more from its main rival OD...

And if i will have problem i will stop buying it rather than blaming...

The autocar India magazine comes with almost everything , Motorsport , FI, road tests , car comparisons  etc etc , and hence the cost , if you subscribbe from them you will have a good offer , buying from newsstands will be more! anyways , i am buying the WhatCar , cause i dont want F1 , motorsports topic to read , all i want is about the Indian cars , and all we get in What car!

Cheers!

i dont agree with this..man they are not doing any charity they are doing business..there is a rule that When demand increases price increases and when demand goes on increasing' date=' the price goes on increasing untill the demand falls due to increase in price...

They have created base for themselves, anybody who increases its goodwill, brand value will surely command a premium..

Ok tell me why they would give you quality material, all test rides before anybody else does, why?? Why do should do hardwork for consumers..ofcourse to get reward, if people are still buying it at Rs.80 i think Aci will think that price is justified and thats the price of their hardwork. They will increase it again and will see that if people are accepting it happily than again its Justified.. The time when people will think that its expensive and as a result when demand will fall then Aci will think that now their price is not justified so either they should increase the material or decrease/maintain the price for long period..Why Sony sells LCd's at higher price and why not Lg/Onida..products are nowadays almost same espeically Lcd but still they are commanding premium..coz they know that people will buy..Man if u think that they should think of Consumer i think you should think of Manufacturer..

325i wrote on the first page that sharp increase in raw materials cost forced them to increase the price..i think Higher price is justified when inflation is their or materials are increased..Another way of maintaining price is to decrease the quality and thus price will remain stable..now would you want that...

Actualy i never blame any comapny when they increase their prices coz its their matter and if we dont like it, we cant stop them, just stop buying their products nothing else you can do and nothing else you should do..

Buy OD/Auto india if you think they are cheap why to buy ACi...if you want quality then it comes with price and i think now they understood that people are willing to pay high prices also...

Everybody wants rewards for their work unless they are doing any donations or charities...Ya if the quality/quantity of materials is reduced and after that price is increased then its not done...And also why ACI mega issues are always expensive because they are loaded with pages and materials though most of them are Ad's but still prices depends on materials...i bought OD anniversary issue in Sept and it was of 120Rs...

Petrosexuals is not there from much time so not to complain about..

And regarding car company reducing prices so that is altogether a different product..And even they only reduce prices when they feel that their demand is decreasing ...

And magazines/newspaper/milk,etc you cant at all compare with Electronics/cars,etc...they are different....Magazines/newspaper and all goes on increasing while latter goes on decreasing..the mag in 2006 was around Rs.60 while when we bought Panasonic plasma it was about 1,30,000 and now when mag is Rs80, the same plasma with better features is about 60,000 so there is no sense in comparing those...

And subscriptions are better and you will get them after 5-6 days of launch..i also get my issues on 25th and maximum on 28th depending on the date of launch and days like public holidays/weekends,etc where posts are Off...

Now I think Anjan has valid point coz he roams for his purpose and can buy from anywhere but Vibhor buddy u dont go outside ur city everymonth or so, so it should not be problem for you...

And the gifts/discounts you get while subscrbing compensates well for those DVD's/posters which are of no use atleast for me...

and if you subscribe it for 3years its peace of mind as price increase will have no affect on you...

In short i will not blame ACi for price increase and its just 5Rs. more from its main rival OD...

And if i will have problem i will stop buying it rather than blaming...

[/quote'] @ Bluesapphire= Buddy,i am saying this in very very starting that i respect n u r my friend(and please dont take anything personally!bcoz sometimes i loose my tempersmiley17.gif) and also I dont want to say any word against AUTOCAR INDIA!...

....ok they are are not doing any charity here or something else!..as u said as demand increases price too increases but isnt thieir duty to keep their consumers always happy??!??.....actually RELAIBLE MAG. LIKE ACI SHOULD KEEP THIS IN THEIR MIND,freind,u are contradicting ur self!...firstly u are comparing mag with other items and then u are only saying that "magazines/newspaper/milk,etc you cant at all compare with Electronics/cars,etc"

...n buddy may be u dont have any problem etc with ACI PRICE HIKE!

...but we all are not for fun disscussing this from yesterday morning...most of us are against it!!...n okay, i also agree that they haveto increse  price because of XYZ reasons but only a bit....ACi has noew become Overpriced !am a very old Aci reader n i trust it but u know its very sad to see a mag doin this which we trust! 

I would have no probs if quality of Aci was improved and then price was increased!but very frankly speaking.. I still cant find any such big difference in AUTOCAR's RS.60 issue and now in Rs.80 issue!not at all except this big price diff!!!...Thats why i always say WAKE UP ACI!....n instead of any improvements which the Rs. 60 issue had few of intresting coloumns and goodies ...now they are missing in Rs.80!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...so what should i call this!?????!

Yes, ANJAN has very valid point ..n as some points he said i also wanted to say.okay, he travels alot he has a reason, But buddy ...i also have some of my personal reasons why i dont want to subscribe....bcoz I want Aci issue at 1st date of month at any cost!...n in subscribing there are lots n lots of problems!..years back i subscribed some other mag. but there was so much prob. that i dont wanna subscribe Aci, and dont want to take another chance!

...maybe those free goodies are useless for u but they are not useless for everyone!..because....

....firstly,when consumer is paying this much amount for a mag he surely will want everything which comes with it!...so what if its free!??!..we are paying for it!...n second, there are many bonds in subscription as anjan has already explained!

Actually, as i said in starting that when a customer buys a thing then its the Duty of that brand to keep him happy from it and the "value for money factor" should come in consumer's mind!....n this time am not at all satisfied with ACi!

........n as u r saying why i dont go n buy OD quietly without blaiming AUTOCAR INDIA......so dear ..if I go and  buy Od or other mag ...and am sure that there will be many many other ACI readers like me ..if they also go and buy Od or other mag. the do u  think ACI will remain ON 1st no. in readership!??! no buddy No! ....ACI is only because of its relaible readers n if they stop buying ACi n opt other mag then soon ACi will not remain on 1st position!...n if ACi will start DISAPPOINTING its buyers like this then it will be a prob!......so, Finally Autocar I still Love you but this time you guys have li'l disappointed me n many other readers by incresing price!..I hope MR.Hormazd whom I can trust with my eyes closed will consider this...this voice of our beloved Mag. AUTOCAR INDIA readers!

THANKS ,

VIBHORsmiley1.gif

vibhor2008-10-07 08:14:15

first of all i am not taking it personally...i said what i thought and i am not comparing the other things with mag...u said that car companies are declining the prices and so should ACi and i said that they are completely different things and so why to compare...

And i think you misunderstood regarding the delivery date of ACi...Aci launches issue on around 22-23rd of previous month and we all get that on 26th or so, so its early than ur prescribed date i.e 1st of everymonth..this time Oct issue was there on stands on around 22nd of Sept and i got it on 26th of sept so defiantely earlier than 1st oct...

And Ok if many will dont buy ACi like you said than Automatically they will reduce price or maintain it for long time to get sales again...Inflation is affecting every product and thus maybe they have increased their prices...

I didnt said that increase in prices doesnt affects me but if it affects me i stop buying rather than blaming...

first of all i am not taking it personally...i said what i thought and i am not comparing the other things with mag...u said that car companies are declining the prices and so should ACi and i said that they are completely different things and so why to compare...

And i think you misunderstood regarding the delivery date of ACi...Aci launches issue on around 22-23rd of previous month and we all get that on 26th or so' date=' so its early than ur prescribed date i.e 1st of everymonth..this time Oct issue was there on stands on around 22nd of Sept and i got it on 26th of sept so defiantely earlier than 1st oct...

And Ok if many will dont buy ACi like you said than Automatically they will reduce price or maintain it for long time to get sales again...Inflation is affecting every product and thus maybe they have increased their prices...

I didnt said that increase in prices doesnt affects me but if it affects me i stop buying rather than blaming...
[/quote'] ok my dear!.....everyone has right to say his her personal opinions...u have said urs....n i was also trying to say what i think through this Thread......smiley17.gif

MEMBER'S NOTE = Kindly DO NOT take anything mentioned by me personally!!...because this is what I think and i have clearly specified!..n i believe every member has full right to say his/her opinions!THANKS!!

ya, you think you are right while i have my own thinkings...i didnt took it personally so no worries...

i think i opposed ur or rest of the members view so you thought that i am taking it personally...

its not so buddy..
bluesapphire2008-10-07 08:46:41

Hey no one has mentioned the people selling the mag. Out of the Rs 80, a large portion goes to the seller, in most cases small shops. And with everything becoming more costly these small retailers can do with the extra 10 bux, dont you think? 

Hey no one has mentioned the people selling the mag. Out of the Rs 80' date=' a large portion goes to the seller, in most cases small shops. And with everything becoming more costly these small retailers can do with the extra 10 bux, dont you think?  [/quote'] sorry nbmotosport buddy!...but i didnt clearly got your point!smiley1.gif

ya nbmotorsport i got your point...The stands who sells it also gets commission so may be they might have increased their rates...in most of cases sometimes when they gets less commission they stop keeping those products and when any customer comes they will convince on some other mag and thus the mag loses customers so in order to keep retailer satisfied they have to satisfy their needs...

Had to jump into this one. bought the latest ACI and frankly, Rs 10 doesn't make a difference to my life. All prices are going up - petrol, diesel (do you stop buying fuel if the price has gone up?) and other commodities. This is the price of inflation and we have to live with it. Paper prices have gone up and the rupee has gone down. Since magazine paper is imported there is no other option left for the publishing people. I think ACI is the most complete magazine with the right mix of indian / foreign articles, Excellent F1 coverage and even a strong consumer section (helpline, shopper etc) NO other mag gives this quality. OD has jumped from Rs. 60 to 75 and even that is not a problem for me. I can't believe such a noise is made about spending Rs. 10 extra every month. I thought everyone who is interested in cars would pay extra for what is without any confusion India's best and most reliable auto magazine

Had to jump into this one. bought the latest ACI and frankly' date=' Rs 10 doesn't make a difference to my life. All prices are going up - petrol, diesel (do you stop buying fuel if the price has gone up?) and other commodities. This is the price of inflation and we have to live with it. Paper prices have gone up and the rupee has gone down. Since magazine paper is imported there is no other option left for the publishing people. I think ACI is the most complete magazine with the right mix of indian / foreign articles, Excellent F1 coverage and even a strong consumer section (helpline, shopper etc) NO other mag gives this quality. OD has jumped from Rs. 60 to 75 and even that is not a problem for me. I can't believe such a noise is made about spending Rs. 10 extra every month. I thought everyone who is interested in cars would pay extra for what is without any confusion India's best and most reliable auto magazine

[/quote'] Yup exactly...people are paying for petrol and all necessaties is ok that they complain about the prices, but this is the interest of people who buys it and they should not have any problem with it...Ok we cant say that if milk/petrol will go up then we should stop buying coz they are necessaties but if anybody is finding his own interest expensive then they can stop buying it coz its not necessaties while its interest or luxury without which one can live normally... bluesapphire2008-10-07 09:23:03

@nbmotorsport and roadangle = well well well!...everyone has his/her own points for thier reasons...i have just created this thread for price increase of ACi ...not for any kind of debate guys!come on!!..if u dont have any problem then its okay!...but atleast who has problem hav full right to say whatever he thinks!!!...there are always exceptions in everything!..u dont have problem but there are other members n reader who thinks that its overpriced!..n i think if u will search u will get more..plz dont mind it!!Thanks!smiley17.gif

Had to jump into this one. bought the latest ACI and frankly' date=' Rs 10 doesn't make a difference to my life. All prices are going up - petrol, diesel (do you stop buying fuel if the price has gone up?) and other commodities. This is the price of inflation and we have to live with it. Paper prices have gone up and the rupee has gone down. Since magazine paper is imported there is no other option left for the publishing people. I think ACI is the most complete magazine with the right mix of indian / foreign articles, Excellent F1 coverage and even a strong consumer section (helpline, shopper etc) NO other mag gives this quality. OD has jumped from Rs. 60 to 75 and even that is not a problem for me. I can't believe such a noise is made about spending Rs. 10 extra every month. I thought everyone who is interested in cars would pay extra for what is without any confusion India's best and most reliable auto magazine

[/quote'] ok roadangle buddy! you are ready to pay for it!but not everyone!...every time they increse price by ten ten rupees!...and quality is not at all incresing!...the quality is same as it was in Rs.60 mag!..n there are no changes in Rs80 mag!!!are there???NO!!!

Do you know the reason why there is always price hike?????!?

....its because WE AS A CONSUMERS ALWAYS ACCEPT IT!!!..n no one is there to say against it which is totally unfair!!!...I cant see any valid reason to pay RS.80 for mag which is worth RS.60 or max to max RS.70!!

...and plz dear dont bring the matter to roadtests articles etc etc.......they are still SAME as it was in RS.60!!!..in Rs.80 they are not even giving anything like posters etc etc...which they used to give earlier in RS.60!!or even when it was of rs.40..we got many other exciting things free with it!..atleast customer should be happy when he is paying Rs.80 for a mag which is worth Rs.60!

Thanks 
vibhor2008-10-07 11:02:29

Its the same when an airline increases airfares. you get the SAME of everything but at a higher price. It's the same when fuel prices go up. you get the SAME quality of petrol and diesel but at a higher price. It's the same when the Taj Hotel increases their room rates from Rs. 10,000 to 15,000 you get the SAME quality but at a higher price. It's not about giving more if you increase prices. There are external forces beyond one's control which forces people to raise prices at times. So if the increase in paper price of a magazine is not a good enough reason to increase the rates then what is? Do you make a loss in your business?

Vishnu' date=' does what car has all same topics as ACi except motorsports and all...means in indian cars are they same...[/quote']

yeh man sort of , in What car they give about new car that was launched (FIRST DRIVE) and rate them! and secondly they also have a shootout ! plus best deals for cars of the month! and AAA , reader test team , reader rescue , Prices and features , so i dont miss anything and am buying what car for some months now , its monthly edition and costs 30 rs , why dont u get it once and see!

Cheers!

I too buy Whatcar every month, its a good mag. But I get a feel the articles in Whatcar are smaller versions of those in ACI.

Otherwise market section, reader test, AAA, etc. are original.

But Whatcars price should not be increased, seeing its popularity!

I too buy Whatcar every month' date=' its a good mag. But I get a feel the articles in Whatcar are smaller versions of those in ACI.

Otherwise market section, reader test, AAA, etc. are original.

But Whatcars price should not be increased, seeing its popularity!

[/quote']

Lol , increase the price??smiley36.gif , cmon this price is fine ,man! dont ask for Hike in price , just ask for Hike in salary!

Cheerssmiley32.gif