vibhor

Autocar India: This time I am dissapointed!!!

Vishnu' date=' does what car has all same topics as ACi except motorsports and all...means in indian cars are they same...[/quote']

yeh man sort of , in What car they give about new car that was launched (FIRST DRIVE) and rate them! and secondly they also have a shootout ! plus best deals for cars of the month! and AAA , reader test team , reader rescue , Prices and features , so i dont miss anything and am buying what car for some months now , its monthly edition and costs 30 rs , why dont u get it once and see!

Cheers!
What car is a good mag!...its basically for new car buyers but as u said in Aci we get everything!..thats why i buy it!....actually, i was also a reader of WHAT car too!..but now i have stopped purchasing it because of Autocar price hike...when ACi was of Rs.70 ..i used to buy What car also @Rs. 30...so total costed me Rs.100!smiley1.gif..i said this earlier also!

vibhor2008-10-07 12:58:04

It is hard to swallow, but after 7 years, and only now the double-up from the original price, I think it's okay. Luckily they increase Rs10 only. Remember, the ACI staff need raise on their salary too..

Back home, the Autocar Asean costs me RM9.90 (about Rs127). And it is even thinner than ACI.

What I don't understand is why the house I rented here in Mumbai gone TRIPLE this year, compared to only last 2 year's rate.... hahahahah..

Anyway I'll keep buying ACI. Thanks!

It is hard to swallow' date=' but after 7 years, and only now the double-up from the original price, I think it's okay. Luckily they increase Rs10 only. Remember, the ACI staff need raise on their salary too..

Back home, the Autocar Asean costs me RM9.90 (about Rs127). And it is even thinner than ACI.

What I don't understand is why the house I rented here in Mumbai gone TRIPLE this year, compared to only last 2 year's rate.... hahahahah..

Anyway I'll keep buying ACI. Thanks!
[/quote'] I too would like to continue with ACi but if the price will increase like this then at one limit i think will have to stop buying it!!...because this is not at all done!..Aci cm'mon!...there is no need to increase price!..n if still u r increasing then u will have to improve its quality also!!! vibhor2008-10-07 13:35:57

Vibhor yaar, no issue! Everyone can say what they feel. Thats what makes the forum fun and 'masaledar'! I understand the hike to 80 seeming high from just two years backs price of Rs 60. But there r would be many factors for this rise. Rising costs being one. Also, you want the quality to improve. What exactly about the mag do you want changed or improved apart from not getting posters and DVD's often? Possibly your suggestions could help us all get more bang for our buck!

Whatever anyone says, but price rise is always criticized by ones who feel the pinch, for others its order of the day. Weather its any item, which sees price rise, there is hue & cry by the affected people, but seldom are the prices reverted back. But, important thing is all the voices raised come to the notice of  high ups & though prices are rarely pulled back, but may act as a detterant for times to come. So, all efforts should be made to convey displeasure over any type of price rise, rest is upto owners, whatever step they take. Feedback should be continuous!

Vibhor yaar' date=' no issue! Everyone can say what they feel. Thats what makes the forum fun and 'masaledar'! I understand the hike to 80 seeming high from just two years backs price of Rs 60. But there r would be many factors for this rise. Rising costs being one. Also, you want the quality to improve. What exactly about the mag do you want changed or improved apart from not getting posters and DVD's often? Possibly your suggestions could help us all get more bang for our buck!
[/quote'] sorry buddy if i said u anything wrong in my previous post!actully am bit short tempered ..n i was getting more cause of ACI PRICE HIKE!..ok ill give my suggestions..hope Autocar staff will consider!Thanks nbmotosport!smiley17.gif

Whatever anyone says' date=' but price rise is always criticized by ones who feel the pinch, for others its order of the day. Weather its any item, which sees price rise, there is hue & cry by the affected people, but seldom are the prices reverted back. But, important thing is all the voices raised come to the notice of  high ups & though prices are rarely pulled back, but may act as a detterant for times to come. So, all efforts should be made to convey displeasure over any type of price rise, rest is upto owners, whatever step they take. Feedback should be continuous! [/quote']

Correct Speed!!I agree ....but there should be done something for this AUTOCAR PRICE HIKE!!...am strongly against it!!!

am again requesting anyone from ACI STAFF PLZ REPLY!!!!!!smiley1.gif 
vibhor2008-10-07 16:04:51

well price rise doesnt means that there should be increase in quality or quantity..many other factors affects price...anyways Vibhor you should PM to mods to look into this matter or you should PM them a link so that they can visit rather than writing here...

Yes there has been a price hike, but you have to understand that input costs are always rising, add to this inflation plus the increasing staff. If you see the first issues, the content wasn't as much as we give today from the 140 odd pages to around 250+ pages for a regular issue. The paper quality is also much better than what it used to be.

Also another thing I'd like to add, the size of magazine is changing, we are becoming bigger from the next issue. I still think at Rs.80, ACI is good value for money.

FRG
FuelRunGod2008-10-08 10:38:48

Oh so from Nov we will get more stuff..good...

Vibhor i think your problem is solved both Quality and Quantity are increased with increase in price...

Yes inflation is there, input costs are higher so increase in price is justified..

FRG can you tell us which section will be bigger from now or what Add-ons are there...

I agree with FRG,  inflation & most importantly increasing staff  are realities one has to face.

Looking forward to the next issue & yes ACI is more VFM than any other mag.

OK, IF WE WILL GET MORE USEFUL AND INTRESTING MATTER WHICH IS WORTH RS.80 THEN I (and hope other members as well as readers)DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEM!!BUT IT SHOULD BE WORTH IT!!.....lets see Nov. Aci issue..but if it will be same like Rs.60 then there might be problem!

THANKS FUELRUNGOD(Mr.Manish) FOR REPLY!!smiley17.gif

Thanks,

Vibhorsmiley1.gif 
vibhor2008-10-08 11:52:50

Well, increase in size is good news...But still, i think many will just have to stop buying ACI and shift to other magazines, which is bad news...Many will thrive only if they subscribe, but even then im not sure ill be able to renew my subscription once it expires...Lets see what happens

Yes there has been a price hike' date=' but you have to understand that input costs are always rising, add to this inflation plus the increasing staff. If you see the first issues, the content wasn't as much as we give today from the 140 odd pages to around 250+ pages for a regular issue. The paper quality is also much better than what it used to be.

Also another thing I'd like to add, the size of magazine is changing, we are becoming bigger from the next issue. I still think at Rs.80, ACI is good value for money.

FRG
[/quote'] yes FRG, but i think theres no mean of incresing another RS.10 when everything was goin fine even in RS.70

yes, there was very much improvement in paper quality,stuff etc etc but only when it increased from Rs.40 to Rs.60!! .....n am really sorry to say but theres nothing much difference between Rs.60 and Rs.80 issue!...even i was comparing Rs. 70 n 80 issue theres is no diff. at all!...anyways thanks for your reply and as u are saying that everything will be improved lets see!..Thanks FRG thanks alot!smiley17.gif

Well' date=' increase in size is good news...But still, i think many will just have to stop buying ACI and shift to other magazines, which is bad news......Lets see what happens [/quote'] yes!..i also think this! Because of this price hike, ACI may loose some of its readers!!which i also dont want for this excellent mag!..but as u said lets see!smiley1.gif

Yes there has been a price hike' date=' but you have to understand that input costs are always rising, add to this inflation plus the increasing staff. If you see the first issues, the content wasn't as much as we give today from the 140 odd pages to around 250+ pages for a regular issue. The paper quality is also much better than what it used to be.

FRG

[/quote']

As regards the price increase vibhor has some points which I  agree with.

Apart from that, Manish we all vintage and classic car/bike lovers need an article in every issue on these beauties. the first ACI issues had these as a part of their recipe but not anymore.Mr Manavendra Singh's name used to figure in older issues as advisor ACI for the  vintage and classic cars but thats history. Hope ACI will feature these.

anjan_c20072008-10-08 12:53:07

FRG
[/quote'] Manish we all vintage and classic car/bike lovers need an article in each issue on these beauties. the first ACI issues had these as a part of their recipe but not anymore.Mr Manavendra Singh's name used to figure in older issues as advisor ACI for the  vintage and classic cars but thats history. Hope ACI will feature these.
yup!..that right!some of the coloumns are missing now which they used to have in older issues....n there should some more intresting things should be added such as acc. sec. n more!...we all can give our suggestion!!...should i start a new thread for it???smiley1.gif
vibhor2008-10-08 12:53:12

[ yup!..that right!some of the coloumns are missing now which they used to have in older issues....n there should some more intresting things should be added such as acc. sec. n more!...we all can give our suggestion!!...should i start a new thread for it???smiley1.gif

Why not put our suggestions in the ACI magzine review!!! thread?

Save money... subscribe for a year or 2...
buddy just forund ur this post in this link..smiley1.gifhttp://www.autocarindia.com/new/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=830&PN=8

I have always had one complain with ACI as well as other magazines when it comes to freebies offered on the stand issue and the subrciber issue.

special editions like the aniverssary issue come with cds' date=' extra booklets posters on the stand issue but never make it to the subscriber copy...

common I have paid in advance for year or two atleast I deserve these freebies....

FRG, Hormzad can something be done about this?
[/quote']

It is all marketing. Bigger and better, well its bigger don't know about better, but if something is bigger they have to fill in the blank spaces right? And they are by putting ads! It is all about marketing and how to get more people to buy ACI.

dont know what kind of marketing is this!!.....they have mentioned "BIGGER" but forgot to mention its damn reason!!...its bigger because of ads!!!smiley11.gif

i think more people incl. its readers willl now start moving away from ACi!!!
vibhor2008-10-30 08:23:28