hogslayer

Yamaha goofs up, FZ16 delayed!!!

Yamaha looks like they are goofing up on such a good bike as the FZ16 also. The FZ16 has been delayed. After being told delivery starts on Oct 1 while taking booking money, customers in Mumbai and Pune are being made to wait it out.

Will they be able to deliver good customer sales and service to support the FZ if they are already messing up at this early stage dragging their feet on such an important bike.

Yup. I had planned to buy the bike when i heard bout its launch in mid-September. First i was told deliveries would start on Oct 1. Now Im being told the bikes will start selling on the 15th. I'm a bit unsure of my decision now. If this is their attitude before sales, god only knows what to expect once my cheque clears and they hand me my bike.

Im seriously considering the P200 or Apache RTR Fi. Yamaha really needs to get this right if it wants to rebuild its image.

They have sent a bike each, to the showrooms for display and this is being advertised widely.But they are not telling in the advertisements that the deliveries are being delayed.

Thats their marketing tactics to attract buyers to showrooms and then regret! 

yes i went there on the 2nd hoping to get a test ride, but dam they just had one bike on display. and when asked about the delivery they told me 45 days.

so i asked him have u started the delivery he should me a file saying this is the first lot of booking. If the files are still there i dont know when will they starts giving out the bikes.

And he has no ans when will it happen, so i have decided to wait till next year.

Its so sad they they just have like 2 service station in Mumbai

Its the same old story. Like the R15, soon the dealers will start asking for extra cash for on spot delivery. I believe this was going on in Bombay for the R15 very recently, so why will it not happen again for the Fz model also. Very sad, very sad.

Its the same old story. Like the R15' date=' soon the dealers will start asking for extra cash for on spot delivery. I believe this was going on in Bombay for the R15 very recently, so why will it not happen again for the Fz model also. Very sad, very sad.

[/quote']

Don't you think someone has to take this up with yamaha. Just to creat more demand they delay the supply its an old game they are playing

Even when i inquiered about the R15 at time of launch,the dealer told me that its not launched yet and thus we cant give you test drive and also told me to believe him and book the bike by paying 10k in advance and bike will take 40 days for delivery..and when i asked that does anyone has booked this then he show me a register in which all names were written..

Same story in Pune. No test rides. There is a lot of interest in the bike whcih is great for Yamaha but their attitude is a cause for worry. I wanted the bike before Diwali but i guess now I will wait for user reviews regarding service and after-sales because their pre-sales is just not encouraging.....

I do not know why so many of us run to showrooms when in this day and age a manufacturer opens bookings for a product without displaying a model or giving test rides.  Kinetic tried doing this many times and now it is Yamaha's turn.  At this rate they will not get too far.  I do not think people should buy any bike from Yamaha by looking at Rossi's M-1.

Dude.. i have update regarding FZ 16.. Byke will be in market after 10 Oct. and biggest thing is advance booking. You won't g et byke without advance booking. I have boked byke and will get it on 15th.

Its amazing byke... very sexy n powerful!!