vibhor

Yamaha Scooters Spotted in Pune!!!

If yamaha can provide a 150cc bike that outperforms the 220 rivals' date=' then its 100 or 125 cc scooter will be far better than the competition as there are no scooters that have good overall package of quality, reliability and performance.[/quote']

SX4! as per me Honda Activa is a real good option if u r opting for a scooter. it is 150cc n performance is great.....

?

Where did you get the info that Activa is a 150cc scooter. Buddy, its 100cc. Eterno is 150cc scooter from Honda but that isn't gearless. However, I do agree that it does have good performance but the Yamaha will surely have better.

well scooters in india are basically for ladies, girls and midaged/old people even young ones are having but still they shift to bike afterwards while above mention peoples always choose scooters only so Yamaha will definately have low share as these people will not go for performance scooters as already scooters have less mileage..

Rightly pointed BS but as far as I know, we people are always in search of something new and different. Something that can get second glances by people around us. And that difference can be seen in the yamaha scooters. They have the ability to stand out in crowd and thats what many among us want from our ride.

UPDATE : Yamaha to roll out scooter next year!!

Chennai, Yamaha Motor India Sales Private Ltd plans to launch its first scooter next year. Since inception, the company was banking only on motorcycles despite the fact that gearless scooters account for about 15 per cent of two-wheelers sold in India.

The Division Head (product planning & strategy) of the company, Mr Sanjay Tripathi, told Business Line that the scooter that is to be launched will have an engine as equally powerful as a motorcycle engine, while the transmission will be automatic. In addition to the scooter, the company also plans to launch two motorcycles, he said. No 2 player

Present in over 40 countries with 114 subsidies, the $187-billion Yamaha Motor Corporation has been largely successful in other two-wheeler markets it has been operating in, positioning itself as a number two player in the world.

Right from inception in 1985, the company maintained about 20 per cent market share with three products RX 100, RX 135 and 350-cc four stroke motorcycles. It maintained a market share of about 20 per cent till early 1990s. When the market was transforming from two-stroke to four-stroke motorcycles, the company did not offer suitable products as its peers did. Its market share dropped to less than two per cent last year.

Yamaha Motor sold 1.15 lakh units between January and December 2007 and in 2008 it sold 1.4 lakh units in the first 10 months.

And now, the company is trying to recover lost ground.

Products range

In addition to the existing range of products such as Gladiator, Gladiator Graffiti, G5, Alba and Crux, the company launched two motorcycles this year - YZF-R15 (150-cc) and FZ 16 (153-cc). The company also sells two imported bikes

Yamaha is becoming quite aggressive now and with the success of R15 and FZ16, it looks like the soon to be launched scooters are gonna be as competent. The Honda is going to face the heat from Yamaha.

i think vino would be the good choice for yamaha to enter in to indian market,as i think it would not be an expensive scooter,n it looks practical for indian road as it has large tyres to take on those potholes.other models would account for premium segment

Hey Guys,

Any of these competing with the new Activa or Access?

I would like to check out the Mio and Vino..

Need something which has space to make my Kid daughter stand..

She has started loving to do that after she had a joy ride on a Dio.

ok yamaha has launched the new  nouvo here just last week

it is slightlybigger than the previous one!!
oh Thats great news archit!..try to post some pics of them!smiley1.gif

I was flipping through ACI, i think Nov issue....even they covered the retro looking scooter and mentioned a marketing exercise....We can probably expect these very scooters! Liquid cooled will be a first!

I don't see any news of these bikes getting launched in India any time now.. .. if they are to be launched soon, there ought to be some marketing ads etc ..

Do we have any concrete info on the release dates? without which we are all only speculating and self elevating our hopes..

AshTheDash2009-02-17 06:33:47