vibhor

Chevy to launch Captiva Automatic Soon!!

Yes buddies, I'm also seeing more Captivas in chennai these days... I also like the car personally (I dont like any of the GM's products in India)...A/T version can boost the sales of Captiva..But will not bring a considerable increase in GM's sales figures as Captiva comes under Luxury car catagory... GM needs to imrove much more things in their other products like tavera ans Aveo...

siddant buddy captiva getting a good response ,is not selling good numbers as expected by Gm

so this move may create some more intrest in captive

u may see more captiva on your streets but now sales of captiva is deteriorating

@yamahaR15-captiva's sales have not slowed down,the estimated figures that GM had planned out,it is actually meeting those figures.A lot of customers were turned down by the fact that captiva did not have an A/T.Still captiva is doin well but to increase its sales even further(which company won't want to do that)GM is coming up with the A/T and as said it had been planned 2 months after the captiva's launch so it isn't a sudden move!I am sorry but i can't tell you what my source is but yeah buudy it is doing quite well!

siddant buddy captiva getting a good response ' date='is not selling good numbers as expected by Gm
so this move may create some more intrest in captive

u may see more captiva on your streets but now sales of captiva is deteriorating
[/quote']

GM sales detiorate due to there attitude and not products. They have excellent cars, but in a showroom, sales people force u by there attitude not to buy one. If u determined. then only u have a chance to get one.

MEanwhile i still didnt get the AVEO pricelist instead if inquring 4-5 times. I have given up, else my whole family was in favour of AVEO. Heads Up GM smiley32.gif

I havn't seen many Captiva's in Mumbai or any other places may be lack of 4wd and lower gearing is a nono for highway drivers.Also high fuel price can be also a factor(even if its a diesel)

: UPDATE :CHEVROLET CAPTIVA AUTO AWD COMING!!!

General Motors India is planning to launch a All Wheel Drive (AWD) version of the Captiva. The AWD Captiva is expected to be launched in February and will come with automatic transmission. There is nothing different in the AWD Captiva except the auto tranny. The AWD Captiva will cost Rs. 1 lac more than the manual front wheel drive Captiva.(Motorbeam)

4wd captiva with and 5 speed automatic triptonic transmission , it uses the same engine as the current 2.0.

if the captiva catches some market chevy will launch the 3.2L V6 version also

i found this on team bhp..a piece on captiva awd check it out.

Hey people

Just spoke with "someone" from General Motors chennai, and was told that the new captiva awd is getting launched on the republic day !!

Major changes are

1. automatic transmisiion

2. all wheel drive

3. number of airbags have been increased to 8

4. touch screen audio system with 2 lcd screen for second row passenger

ohh the price expected is 26 lac +   

source team bhp

Even i heard that new Auto AWD Captiva will have a price increase of about 2.5 lac...but never heard about the other features said by Mehul..If thats so although will be overpriced but still will be a good buy, 8airbags, AWD, auto-transmission, LCD's, that too with powerful 150bhp refined diesel and also with plush interiors...What else you want..

yup, even i have seen many Captivas but am also able to see many Crv's especially brand new ones..But i saw only single Outlander..

I also like the looks of Captiva very much especially its interiors..

i wish it was around 16lac...20lac is expensive for me..

Yup!even i have also seen many captivas here in Delhi, Mehul!

Its selling in quite good Nos. mainly because of its good looks and as Bluesapphire said impressive interiors, but the question is that the CR-V has also same, and its a very tough competition to Captiva, lets wait for AWD, A/T Captiva and its confirmed pricing.

but according to me captiva is a more vfm deal than the crv and outlander....i am zapped by people who petrol suv !!! come on its not middle east and here the petrol is not a cheap fuel like their !!!!