dhruvleo23

ford endavour or honda civic

hi friends...i m planning to buy an new SUV...my budget is around 20 lacs...and i wanted to know which one is better Ford Endavour or Honda CRV...do reply thnx in advance...

pour in the requirements and we are there to help!

hey buddy,

As DSF said, Put on your requirements first...

R u going to travel more than 2000 Kms per month?

Whats your prime motive? Off-roading or City commuting?

As you provide more info, you will get better suggestions...

Anyhow, My opinion is,

Go for the Endy Thunder+.... Sure, this beast will rule the roads wherever you go...Superb Diesel + Hard core off roading capability...

CRV is a very good Soft roader on the other hand....Jus go for it if you are a fan of Honda....

Well though CRv comes with 4wd but its not hardcore off-roader...So if you want true hardcore off-roader then only Endy or pajero can suit you..

Otherwise you should look at Captiva, Outlander and Crv..in which i would prefer Captiva and Outlander..

i think you really need to decide if you want a petrol or a diesel for petrol i think the newly launced outlander could be a good choice(if you think honda is better than cr-v is the choice) but i seriously recommend the captiva,in today;s world with high petrol prices i think the disel makes sense.If serious offroading is what you want to do then i think the endy but you need to tell your requirements then only we can help you!

buddy prices of petrol may have gone up ..captiva with its dead steering ,mushy gearbox with long throws & bad engine with hefty tourbo lag in early revs.has not been comparable with other SUV's in the class

after spending around 20 lac one should able to get best product in the market rather than getting a poor product  for some economy

oh oh yamahaR15 i think you becoming anti-captiva or rather trying to fight....no offense buddy but you have to re-read facts about the captiva!

firstly it does not have a dead steering.....it handles quite well!!

gearbox-it is not mushy and does not have long throws-its quite good on the move!!

engine-now it is the limit,man how can you even say that it has a dead engine!!it is extremely powerful,free reving and the turbo lag(very little)while shifting from the 3rd to the 4th gear!

please so not go off topic and try not to fightsmiley1.gif

Though both the SUVs are good they have different attributes. If you really wish to have a car that can help you drive smoothly on bumpy and uneven roads then go for Ford Endeavour but if the requirement is restricted to city driving, then I would suggest you to go for Honda Crv.

If your budget is Rs 20 lakh, then I think that recently launched Mitsubishi Outlander is also a good option. The new SUV is launched with all-road capabilities, flawless performance, brilliant styling, and fuel efficient driving. The best part it falls within your budget. With this you don't have to think over your requirement. Whether on-road or off-road, this new car is magical with the smoothest driving experience.

oh oh yamahaR15 i think you becoming anti-captiva or rather trying to fight....no offense buddy but you have to re-read facts about the captiva!

firstly it does not have a dead steering.....it handles quite well!!

gearbox-it is not mushy and does not have long throws-its quite good on the move!!

engine-now it is the limit,man how can you even say that it has a dead engine!!it is extremely powerful,free reving and the turbo lag(very little)while shifting from the 3rd to the 4th gear!

please so not go off topic and try not to fightsmiley1.gif

Well i agree with Siddhanth...Yamaha you have some wrong notions about Captiva or are just not aware about the facts as captiva is a good Suv and its coming with Auto and 4wd as 4wd is needed in  Suv...Its steering is not dead, gear shift has long throws and thus for city driving its not as comfortable..But rest the car is really very good..

hi guys thnx for d advices...smiley1.gif

the thing is my hometown is around 150 kms from mumbai and i do travel once or twice a week sometimes even have to go and come back in a single day and these days ahmedabad-mumbai highway is like a roller coaster ridesmiley2.gif...so i want a car which suits for city as well as for highway roads...should be comfortable enough for travelling...and i also care for the interiors of car, want to be stylish and comfortable with good accessories...smiley1.gif

If the highway on which you drive has bad road, its better to opt for Endeavour.

Endeavour is comfortable for front seat passengers.

But Civic has better interiors, its more stylish, comfortable.

You will have to specify further about your requirements, for us to guide.

well speed the title is wrong and its FORD ENDEAVOUR OR HONDA CRV instead of civic...

anyways though endy is better for bad roads but i think off roaders have not that good ride quality thus arent as comfortable...i would prefer captiva as its ride quality is really good and engine is smooth or if petrol is not a worry for u then check out new outlander ....

as for long driver a car should have good ride comfort and a smooth engine so i would not prefer endy and also endy is not as stable as other softroaders at high speeds....

then too u check out yourself and then decide and if u like endy then nowadays the thunder+ is available with goodies such as navigation system, cooler/warmer for beverages and additional rear view mirror..     

CR-V is a costly option better wait for the Outlander or try the Captiva or so .Also buy the 2.4lt manual version of CRV it gives more bang for buck than the 2.0lt version.