raj_5004

the car u hate ?!!!

we have always discussed about the cars we love, but i would like to know which is the car you hate? the reasons supporting that would also be welcome... soon we will get to know which is india's most hated vehicle..!!!

Well there are many:

Chevy. Aveo- its a Daewoo to the core!

Fiat 500- *****ic exclusivity

Hyundai Sonata Embera- characterless car

Lamborginis- outrageous designs, not for our roads

Mahindra Bolero XLS- crude & ugly

Maini Reva- poor 1st. try

Maruti Dzire- only boot does'nt form a sedan

Maruti Estilo- bonnetless!(faceless)

Maruti Versa- Im out of words!

San Storm- a blot on sports car!

Most of >30L cars.

Adding more to my list now...

Innova - though great in features, Its loke a big egg in shape..

All those products by GM in India....GM never gives a good product to us..

Yester year Sumos - After all, they are ultimate killing machines....

Indigo marina - Again, Its a shapeless creature....

Swift - Very very cheap interiors for its class...

speed your list is quite revealing-

Among current Indian ones the I dislike the Hyundai Santro,Maruti Zen Estilo,Maruti Versa (called Varsha by some second hand car dealers) to name a few.Bolero looks bad I agree speed, but thats among the ones I own.

In the international scene, its most of the French designed and made cars that look outrageous.Renault, Peugeot and Citreon lead here. One look at some of their car models of the 60's, 70's and 80's will reveal it all.  Eccentricity in design is their hallmark. There are some exceptions however like the Citreon Traction Avant and some more.

There are many other cars that me and many others may hate to look at like the Yugo

060818005.7_mn.jpg

A  Yugo (1981-1991)

The Fiat Multipla also looked awful

covair.jpg

The Chevrolet Corvair

edsel.jpg

Ford Edsel

pacer.jpg

AMC Pacer

gremlin.jpg

Were the designers at AMC eccentric?

Thanks, Anjaan for the patience to go through my list. But what does it reveal!

Yes, I too disliked earlier Santro & Ive also heard Varsha many times from uneducated people.

I fear you got me wrong on Bolero, I clearly mentioned its XLS sibling, with elongated & raised roof.

Wow, you are a true automobile enthusiast, I must  say. What a meticulous list of foreign cars, how do you manage to remember?

True, I too find French cars to be ugly, remember Peugeot 309 launched in India, that was also ugly.

In recent times, though French designs have improved, but still there was a pic. of new Renault Megane in the forum, many members liked its looks, but I found it to be overdone & not in tune to what Indian's like.

Well i dont hate cars only because it looks ugly but on overall basis considering looks, Safety, space, comfort, quality, etc...

Though reva looks ugly i dont hate it coz its electric car and if available at good price then its good car...

So the cars i hate are as follows..

Firstly the 3 boxes, Small, medium and large i.e.1.) WagonR,2.) Versa,3.) Omni(All are thin metal boxes on wheels with no comfort, no quality, cheap interiors, looks, safety, worst gearshift, etc,etc,etc...)

And then its 4.) Swift Dzire for its looks, space, comfort, and when its sales increases my hatred towards it increases more...it should not be consider as sedan as sedan not only means a Hatch with BOOT..

Though i dont like Estilo at all but its not on my top list like the above cars...

I dont only consider maintenance and all stuff...1st the product should qualify to my needs and then i move towards maintenance and service network and all stufffs...

well well its going to be a long list for me and  if i start explaining why i hate those cars ill probably sit here all day long so here goes the list

1.HONDA CITY ZX(my feelings for this car are beyond the 26 letter vocabulary)

2.HONDA CR-V(its an ugly frog that claims to be a SUV!what was honda thinking?)

3.HYUNDAI i10(i hate the looks even though it has good interiors and is otherwise a good car)

4.hyundai santro,getz prime,tucson

5.hyundai verna(hate the looks and plasticky interiors)

6maruti omni,zen estilo,sx4.

7.old tata sumo,sierra.

siddhant2008-10-10 05:47:22

I hate Hyundai products(except i10 1.2l kappa)' date=' Tata products, GM's products, versa, estilo, dzire, City ZX.....

[/quote']

Ok..The topic is a bit weird, but let me tell you, no avid auto enthusiast is going to literally "hate" any car coz you are gonna find some plus points in every car. Every car is made to meet certain price points and targetted at some section of the people.

Crazy cat--You seem to hate every car around here! So which ones do you like? May be only the likes of Bentley or Maybach???

I don't hate a car because each cars design ,spec of Fe is on the bases of the use of it in its class and time .An engineer works really hard to make and object into a car but its the update thats required for perfection.

well actually i would agree with sujith3120 and rssh........something very similar came to my mind when i read the tagline 1st!but since i saw so many people actually pouring down their views i couldn't help but write down a few cars' names  i found some flaws in(wrong way of saying 'i hate the car')smiley9.gifYou know what i feel that every car might have a fault in it but surely 'hate' is too strong a word to use right?espicially in the case of people like us?!and a lot of presumptions are made depending upon the looks of the car(even i did the same foolishness)smiley36.gif i forgot a line i told my freind one day-that every car is good looking and is special in its own  charming waysmiley2.gifsmiley1.gif

siddhant2008-10-10 12:28:32

ok, siddhant and rssh, i agree that "hate" is too strong a word... lets make it dislike then... even i am a automobile enthusiast and agree that every car has some positive qualities but we can definetely dislike some especially when compared to its competition...

and whoa, where did all the cars from 1950 come? lets talk about the cars curently on sale in india pls!!!

Actually, I too almost like anything on 4 wheels, but given a choice, one tends to pick up the best of the lot. So, the cars I mentioned form the bottom of my list.

Need be, I can still buy any of these, being a true automobile enthusiast!