raj_5004

the car u hate ?!!!

Thanks' date=' Anjaan for the patience to go through my list. But what does it reveal!

Yes, I too disliked earlier Santro & Ive also heard Varsha many times from uneducated people.

I fear you got me wrong on Bolero, I clearly mentioned its XLS sibling, with elongated & raised roof.

Wow, you are a true automobile enthusiast, I must  say. What a meticulous list of foreign cars, how do you manage to remember?

True, I too find French cars to be ugly, remember Peugeot 309 launched in India, that was also ugly.

In recent times, though French designs have improved, but still there was a pic. of new Renault Megane in the forum, many members liked its looks, but I found it to be overdone & not in tune to what Indian's like.

[/quote']

Thanks speed for the updates. The longer and higher Bolero XLS is truly ugly looking. Fits fully with the "ugly"description. In my first post I did'nt read XLS mentioned by you so carefully. But even then if it was the Bolero GLX or LX in your list, its your  opinion which you are fully entitled to. I respect everyone's opinion.

As regards the French cars the dated Peugeot 309 for India as you rightly say was ugly. Even the Logan is no better looking with the  flat glasses and  straight pillars from the 1950's and 1960's. The new Renault Megane is another one. The Renault Laguna and Clio are quite popular in Germany and look awful when parked besides the VW's ,Mercs, BMW's and Audis which are aplenty there.

I'm not surprised that the Zen Estilo is prominent in this discussion, as I'm using it nowadays as rent-a-car.  I never liked it before using it and I still don't like it after using it.  Wonder why they even thought of making a car like that.  Its really amazing because I thought that I would never dislike any car ever! The only thing which is good in the car is the engine, but almost every other mechanical lets it down.  Even the Wagon R which its based on is way better. 

Hey guys i wanna tell you...

When I saw the Sumo Grande for the first time I simply fell in love with it!

But unfortunately It is as rare as a Merc,

Why, What's the reason

Off late I have a feeling

"It looks like a nice beautiful car made up of CLAY" espicially with the orange color. smiley36.gif

Please throw your comments!

This thing comes to mind too & I had posted a similar query in some thread also.

Maybe, earlier taxi image haunts it, but even taxiwalas are not going in for it this time.

I am unable to think of any other solid reason, its a much improved vehicle than earlier, so logically should have sold more, but really can't pin point the cause of its failure.

i think he is reffering to TATA MAGIC!am i right rajonline??
or may be Winger...

The Tata Winger is too ugly. Reminds me of the days (late 1980's) when the Tatamobile207  chassis used to be turned into estate and sedan like entities that looked like cross bred Alsatians (Stray dogs bred with Alsatians)

This thing comes to mind too & I had posted a similar query in some thread also.

Maybe' date=' earlier taxi image haunts it, but even taxiwalas are not going in for it this time.

I am unable to think of any other solid reason, its a much improved vehicle than earlier, so logically should have sold more, but really can't pin point the cause of its failure.

[/quote']

Taxiwallahs have lately zeroed in on the Tavera. Earlier too ( mid to late 1990's) old Sumos were not in the taxi trade. The Tempo Trax used to be there. Many people bought it as a status symbol. The taxis soon happened and that was the end of the status symbol tag attached to the Sumo.

The Sumo Grande is not selling  so well too, I suppose.

yes!!..there are lots of Taveras used as taxis here!,,n really its a great car for taxi purposes!...i've seen an orange sumo grande with big chrome alloys and jet black tints!wow!i cant actually describe it it was really looking awesome!!smiley1.gif

Yes, Anjaan, Tavera is the new baby with taxiwalas. I think high FE & less maintenance are the main reasons. Also, GM is a offering a good warranty package with the MUV.

But again what's wrong with the Sumo Grande, why is it not selling?

Ya Vibhor, I also saw a similar Sumo Grande with alloys & tints & it looked good to me too.

speed2008-10-14 16:47:32

i think Sumo is not getting that much popular in taxi market because....

Firstly, its costly than base version of tavera!

Second, its not that much efficient as tavera!

Third,which i personally thik is because of its huge design!

even i saw a Sky blue/light blue coloured Sumo grande with black tints and chrome big alloys, looked great but till today i saw only some 3-4 grandes...i saw some in Shirdi, Maharashtra but that too were less in numbers...the main reason i think is its Name SUMO which is not targeting niche customers and even its not made for Taxis...so its got stucked in between..

Maruti Dzire!! - I hate the car coz it looks like a cross between a Swift, Amby and SX4!! , Read some line somewhere, It seems tht Swift Amby and SX4 went out for a long drive, got drunk and did some naughty things and hence came out DZire!!!!

smiley2.gif

Well,i think as already some members hav pointed out that 'hate' is a strong feeling!...n I also dont hate any car!..but yeah!as raj said we can change it to dislike!...so my list goes like this..............

#Tata Indigo CS!!

#Opel Corsa/sail

#Maruti Versa

#MS Zen Estilo

vibhor2008-10-15 06:52:54