Sandy

Bullet 500 Classic Launched! Ridden pg2

Royal Enfield has launched the ?eBullet Classic?f 500 EFI at the Cologne Internation bike show. ?eBullet?f, the longest running model in continuous production since 1932, keeps its authentic vintage styling and the brilliant one color appearance from the yesteryears and combines it with newer technology from today. The new ?eBullet Classic?f 500 EFI conforms to the G2 bullets of the early 1950?fs retaining the quintessential classic British style of  post worldwar II  times with the same front and rear mudguard, the headlight casing, the fuel tank, the oval tool box, the exhaust fins, speedomter dials, single-seat spring saddle, tail light assembly and the headlamp cap.

The UCE (Unitary Construction Engine) 500cc engine is inspired by the ?eClipper 250?? engine from Royal Enfield from the older times and retains the pushrod construction but comes with electronic fuel injection and develops a healthy 27.2 bhp @ 5250 rpm and a massive 41.2 nm of torque @ 4000 rpm. According to Royal Enfield, these figures are good enough to give the bike a cruising speed of 70 mph. The claimed fuel efficiency is 3.5 L/100 kms which equates to around 29 kmpl, which is very decent for a bike with 500cc single cylinder engine.

The bike also comes with electric start as standard and a 280 mm Disc brake at the front. The bike is available in 3 colors - Red, Black and Green. Royal Enfield will launch the Bullet Classic in Germany next month followed by a pan European launch in 2009. There is no word from Royal Enfield on the Indian launch.(source-cubiccapacity)

bullet-classic-90.jpg

bullet-classic-2.jpg

I am not a fan of 

Royal Enfield. I don't even understand whats so good about them and they have no style....but this...oh wow!!! The looks, the color, the style..just too good. For a 500cc engine 27.2 bhp isn't good. Hyosung GT250 gives this much power. 

It looks like the drive chain is on the right hand side, so I hope the gear shift isn't in the right foot.

Zal D2008-10-11 09:31:12

thats really a good observation "Zal D", im completely new to RE's technology & this one is really mind blowing.

especially the 2nd picture proudly shows whats a ROYAL Enfiled is.

i see this one has got a very large Disc brake at the front

Yes I agree. Looks at the color of this bike. This color was used back in 1950's on Bel-Air's and other cars. So this bike is really a 1950's bike with new technology (but I don't think RE has new technologysmiley36.gif)

My elder brother has a bullet electra but I never liked the bike much because it needs so many kicks to start that my entire thigh gets some good workout. But this bike has made me wish if I could buy it. Its that amazing and classic looking. But will not get many buyers if launched in india as it will be priced very high.

I am a complete Bullet fan , its a cult bike like the Harley's in US. The feel of the bike, looks, stance, ride & above all the exhaust note, all contribute to an exhilarating experience.

Im a fan of that exhaust note, its deadning!

Bullet is what differentiates Men from Boys!

well this one looks good but see even indian manufacturers provides latest technologies to rest of the world first rather than Providing it here first..

anyways quality of RE is still not upto mark and thats the reason i dont like this company..

Presently this model is for European market.

27.2 BHP is not good from a 500 cc engine with FI technology.

There is not enough data available on bulletclassic.com. What I understood from pictures that RE is still using pushrod technology instead of OHC. By using pushrod only two valves can be operated per cylinder and engine efficiency become limited.

Seems that RE is confused that how to keep classic styling & modern technology simultaneously?

I am a complete Bullet fan ' date=' its a cult bike like the Harley's in US. The feel of the bike, looks, stance, ride & above all the exhaust note, all contribute to an exhilarating experience.
Im a fan of that exhaust note, its deadning!
Bullet is what differentiates Men from Boys!
[/quote']

Count me in Speed!! i share the same feeling!!

The bike looks awesome!! but i have seen a couple of Bull enthusiasts in bangalore and they have modified their bikes to look something similar to this, Sad that i could not take a pic :(

This is definately male.. not the Pulsars!

well this one looks good but see even indian manufacturers provides latest technologies to rest of the world first rather than Providing it here first..

anyways quality of RE is still not upto mark and thats the reason i dont like this company..

BS i dont think Bull is Indian! its a UK based company!

Great FRG, so the macho machine is back with a bang!

I've driven the earlier 500, it felt heavy, Enfield could churn out a 350 at a cut price.

If a buy a bike now, this is going to be it!

The ensuing emission norms under Bharat Stage III for two
wheelers forced the bike maker Royal Enfield to increase the prices for
its ranges. Thus, the bikes will be designed with new engines and high
efficiency, said the MD of Eicher Motors. The irony is the current price
of Royal Enfield bikes-in various brands like Classic, Classic
500cc
, Thunderbird,
Machismo
and Electra-
is Rs1 lakh and the range of increase is not yet revealed. Of these,
Classic 500 cc has the handicap of less production and the pending
numbers-3000 to 4000 in the domestic market and 2000 for export market-
may be cleared in another five months, said MD. So far 1000 units of
Classic 500cc have been delivered since November 2009.