Sandy

Before Nano, 1 more Rs.1 Lakh Car

Got this below info in todays mumbai mirror

Ajanta Group quietly launched the demo model of its small e-car, Oreva. 
The group, which manufactures clocks and electronic gadgets under Orpat brand, was planning to make a small electric car after the popularity of the electric bike that it launched last year under Oreva brand. 
But the Nano announcement made Ajanta Group bigwigs sit up and take action about manufacturing an affordable e-car.
   Ajanta Group director Jaysukh Patel had said a few months ago,

Nano, I'm afraid has opened a "Pandora's" box of low cost car's with ?? safety. In our country you can get a safety  license for a 'suitcase' of rupees as 'baksheesh'. Then our local paanwala and paanmasalawala will start making 'mobile coffins' and unleash them on unsuspecting indians aching for a vehicle with 'four wheels'. God save us from these hordes.

ya read this sometime ago but it wasnt launched at that time...anybody knows when it will come to rest of cities of gujarat or rest of the country or when it will get launched..

Even heard in autobild that Tara international is preparing to launch 99k ecar by the end of this year....but as all these would be of chinese technology so reliability is a concern as the ebikes coming arent that reliable nowadays...

This is good news, I heard about this earlier too, but took it lightly as never thought Ajanta would deliver so fast!

Can we have some pics.?

Specs look good, a revolution is taking shape in India, a boom of ~1L cars will drive India forward!

whether its clock manufacturer or not it doesnt matters coz mostly all parts are imported from china and then assembled though this one is a big group so parts can be manufactured so making their parts here is also not big deal..u just need money and as they are already making those ebikes..so u cant judge according to their background..just good marketing is needed..this car can do well but still chinese products especially these vehicles arent reliable in india coz they are made keeping in mind chinese people and chinese infrastructure ....they dont have big potholes like here     

...and you actually believe what you just said, how can a clock manufactturer make cars? If tomorrow, say McDonalds starts making cars that runs on french fries oil waste, would you actually go out and buy one or would you prefer a Nano??

I rest my case.

buddy they arent using the waste of their remains while making clocks...actually designing and making ur own car is tough but then these are different ...ajanta have even entered in mobiles but arent successful coz china mobile arent that successful in india..just bring something and give it ur name is just simple task..but as 1lac car is what people are waiting and its electric so will get good response but marketing is to be done effectively...though i am not telling that it will be better than nano but then there will be many takes ..if reva can try why not ajanta...we have done these types of business and thus i can say thats its not tough task but to manage this is really tough and one who belongs to retail sector can manage as we belonged to textile and that too wholesale we didnt managed and didnt had much time to manage thus failed..

Their are many e car to come out in90kto150k range .I think the new revai as seen in the spy pics isgoing to replace the vehicle and will cost less to become competitive. Even Tata expressed the future e ness in Nano.

looks like smart car...in Autobild same pic is given but they said that this model will be sold by TARA international...looks like same electric chinese 2wheelers which are sold my different manifacturer by just adding their name and logo same goes with this car also....

Does anybody know when this car will launch...looks better than reva

Saw on Autoshow today, Argentum motors has showcased a small pick up with parts from Matiz, Palio & other cars at the Paris motor show. BVR Subbu is presently heading Argentum.

Nothing is decided yet. There was statement about the price but nothing official. 'Promise is a promise' need not necessarily be true everywhere. It will surely be cheaper than the Reva. But again, range and top speed might still be matters of concern. I would not like to be one of the first buyers of this car. I am still doubtful whether it is on display or whether it has even been made.

Nothing is decided yet. There was statement about the price but nothing official. 'Promise is a promise' need not necessarily be true everywhere. It will surely be cheaper than the Reva. But again' date=' range and top speed might still be matters of concern. I would not like to be one of the first buyers of this car. I am still doubtful whether it is on display or whether it has even been made.[/quote'] its on display at Rajkot and surely it price will range between 85k-100k or around 100k....

Nothing is decided yet. There was statement about the price but nothing official. 'Promise is a promise' need not necessarily be true everywhere. It will surely be cheaper than the Reva. But again' date=' range and top speed might still be matters of concern. I would not like to be one of the first buyers of this car. I am still doubtful whether it is on display or whether it has even been made.[/quote'] its on display at Rajkot and surely it price will range between 85k-100k or around 100k....
What!!!oreva will be priced at 85k to 1lac!!!!...really!?..bs do u have more info??smiley1.gif