Durango Dude

'UnDzirable' Test Drive!!!

It's a common test-driving practice to attack a corner a bit aggressively and "see what she can do." A swan dive was the answer a driver in India received from a four-door Suzuki/Maruti Swift DZire during a test session. The car skidded out of control, hit a large rock, and then tumbled into the Shambhavi River. The attempt to emulate the Amphicar wound up more like an impression of Alvin, unfortunately. All four occupants were injured and ended up in the hospital, while the car itself appears to be a total loss upon its winching to shore. Reckless driving has been cited as the cause, although with a name like Swift, it's possible the driver was just trying to follow instructions. We wonder if driver training in India is as dismal as here in the United States, and judging from the looks of the car, we're inclined to think that the injuries were due to a lack of seatbelt use. Thanks for the tip, Rahul!
daya_0408_test1.jpg

daya_0408_test12.jpg

daya_0408_test8.jpg

Hey DD , this Happened here in Mangalore , and that was the beach road , that was the ZDi variant! and boy its was indeed stuppid thing to do , i had enquired what had happened , then the showroom guy(bieng my friend told it was thier demo car itself ) told me that thier customer as test driving it and he was going in 80 kmph and suddenly pulled the hand brake!!smiley18.gif and car tobbled up and and down twice before falling in to the a kind of river  theresmiley9.gif , and fortunately nothing serious happened to any one inside the car , i too test cars in that road!!!smiley1.gif

Cheers!! 

mndvishnu2008-10-13 03:04:36

the driver who must be test driving this car must have learned to drive recently cause such kind of accidents cant be caused by folks who have 3-4 years of driving expierience and clearly no use trying to imitate hamilton on our roads !!!!

i asked my friend ( he works as senior sales ex in that dealership) whether the Airbags opened during the incident , he said me NOsmiley5.gif , i said what Nonsense?? he said the censor wasnt touched coz the car became PALTI and hence airbags dint open! but still i was pleased to see that the persons inside the car werent very much hurt!

Cheers

I think though people tends to take test drive in the way that they should be fully satisfied while according to me test drive is only to check the car normally in normal speed and not to its extent...

Foolish driver...Ha Ha Ha..whats the sense of pulling hand brake at 80Kmph..

he he .... , yeh this happened in Mangalore a long time Ago which was at the time of our test drive..... i and my friend tested it and then i booked , but after some days after our test drive , poor Dzire fell into the riversmiley36.gif , after my friend (mnd) told me the news about this demo Dzire , i could not stopp laughing as you all , like what was the driver doing , such  high speed and hand brakesmiley36.gif

regards,

priya

he he .... ' date=' yeh this happened in Mangalore a long time Ago which was at the time of our test drive..... i and my friend tested it and then i booked , but after some days after our test drive , poor Dzire fell into the riversmiley36.gif , after my friend (mnd) told me the news about this demo Dzire , i could not stopp laughing as you all , like what was the driver doing , such  high speed and hand brakesmiley36.gif

regards,

priya
[/quote']

hehehe , i remember yaar , imagine the dealers fate , alll gone , then the dealer did total loss and poor he might have got 90 - 95 % of the ex showroom price , i dont know what did they do with the person(customer) who had driven the car!!

Cheerssmiley1.gif

Most of the people try to test their driving abilities on a Test Drive car. Full throttle, Sudden brakes at full force, Sudden steering and everything like this as if they are doing some durability run of the car. Most of them don

What happened to the driver in this? Did he face some kind of penalty or nothing!?! Such reckless people must have their lics. taken away...sheer stupidity!!!

LOL...He must have been tryin to do a 180 at 80kmph and flipped in the process!!!

I must say the the hand brake must be really strong. I would say most people when test driving do crazy things, like hsb_SX4 has explained. Its a common thing. Firstly it is not your car so you tend to try out the handling and everything, instead of trying it in your own car and ruining your car. But what this person has done was just stupid!!!! 

I'm not able to tell anything on the driver's act. People trying crazy things on test cars is very common..but this one..."ippove kanna kattudhe.."

Buddies, last phrase is a tamil comedian's famous dialogue..sorry for the language usage.The translation is "nothing to say, I'm getting drowsy now itself"

I'm not able to tell anything on the driver's act. People trying crazy things on test cars is very common..but this one..."ippove kanna kattudhe.."

Buddies' date=' last phrase is a tamil comedian's famous dialogue..sorry for the language usage.The translation is "nothing to say, I'm getting drowsy now itself"
[/quote']

Under water, the driver must have been saying "Ippove Muuchu Muttuthey"<Im unable to breathe, now>!!!

What happened to the driver in this? Did he face some kind of penalty or nothing!?! Such reckless people must have their lics. taken away...sheer stupidity!!!

LOL...He must have been tryin to do a 180 at 80kmph and flipped in the process!!!

Lol , no i dont think whether   the Dealer asked a penalty or something or not , but nothing is known , who knows , even if they ask for penalty, will they tell me or anyone , coz it will spoil the reputation you , but the car was given to the insurance company for Total loss , and i think they got 90 - 95% of the ex showroom price!

anyways will ask them what did they do with the customer smiley36.gif

i also usually test many cars there (in that same road ) and that speed will be slightly above 80 , say around 100 kmph , that road is going to connect the beach , and this is the left hand side of the road and that is a River , that will go and join the Beach!(not very easily join , will take time)

i think i have a pic of that Area , will try to search and post them here!

Cheerssmiley1.gif!!!

Pics of that area thats called Tannirbhavi beach road- , this is just to show you to get an idea of the road and the river!  mind you this pic was snapped after rainy season , hence so much water in   the river!

img0781xp0.jpg

w800.png

img0782111rs0.jpg

w800.png

Cheers!!

mndvishnu2008-10-14 03:44:44