RonakG

More troubles for Nano?

Yes, I too read this article, indeed poor politicking by Congress. First, being in Center, they did nothing in Singur & now when everything seemed to be working, they want to spoil the show in Gujarat.

well i heard that congress is creating problem but i dont know why..when anand agri university has given land happily then why such problems and i think that modi have more control over opposition than any other state coz there are many supporters so there should not be a singur kind of problem in gujarat

well i heard that congress is creating problem but i dont know why..when anand agri university has given land happily then why such problems and i think that modi have more control over opposition than any other state coz there are many supporters so there should not be a singur kind of problem in gujarat

The land was taken on lease by the farmers for 99 years in 1902. There are legal cases by the farmers trying to claim their land back. The opposition has agreed to an appropraite compensation at least for now. Really sad :(

Thats the whole point. Now that the Tatas are going to be using the land, there seems to be a problem. Another political struggle?? possibly. Also, the state authorities have said that the forefathers of these farmers were compensated in 1911 and so the State legally owns the land whereas the farmers ask for the proof of the same and if there is no proof, they should be compensated at market price.

but farmers were happy as said by sources...now why they have problems..

Yes even here the tamil newspapers said that the farmers are happy with Tata's arrival as they know Tata long back and Tata has helped them before.

Nano has also been covered with hovering clouds since the time Tata Motors have unveiled the car. Earlier there were issues like water logging near the Singur plant, then the land issues and now finally when Tata decided to move the plant to Gujarat, again Tata is facing the same problems. This was I think that Tata has not benefit at all by shifting the plant?

but farmers were happy as said by sources...now why they have problems..

Yes, they were happy as this would directly influence the prosperity of the state and of the farmers as well. I have also heard that one of the farmers in Gujarat sold off his share of land to Tata to gain a good offer. Infact farmers there are supporting the launch but the issues are related to some old legal cases due on the land provided for Nano project.

Thats the whole point. Now that the Tatas are going to be using the land' date=' there seems to be a problem. Another political struggle?? possibly. Also, the state authorities have said that the forefathers of these farmers were compensated in 1911 and so the State legally owns the land whereas the farmers ask for the proof of the same and if there is no proof, they should be compensated at market price.[/quote']

We won

There havent been any news on this for sometime now. May be the government has taken care of the issue. There still are speculations about 28th Dec but nothing from the company as far as i know. They are at their politically correct stand of 'as close to the initial deadlines'. Dont blame them for that though.

Today's time has an article saying that WB government wont be returning the 997 acres of land to the farmers. It will still be used for industries. Tatats might never return to Singur but some small manufacturers would not mind a a kinda SEZ there. And Ms. Banerjee reiterates her stand that 400 acres must be returned. how cool is that!

I think WB can forget any decent industrialization for the next 50 years. They have really cooked their goose.

As for news ietms take them with a large pinch of salt. There is enough interest in stopping/delaying the Nano, and Tatas may also spring a surprise. I expect token production to start soon, with large scale production somewhat delayed.

sgiitk2008-10-23 06:15:31

If it is to be launched by Jan-Mar or even later, Tata will find it hard to launch at the price mentioned before. Also new plant would've costed more. Maybe there will be a hike in price.

well i think that it will be launched by december but then dont only blame politicians...i think though this is purely my conception but as to maintain reputation Tata maintained the 1lac price but then its really tough to sell at that price so may be slow production allows them to sell less units and after sometime they may hike the prices...what say?

Finally the land in Singur is going to go back to the government in an year's time. FAW from China is planning a plant in WB and one the sites shown to them is Singur. They would be needing 500-600 acres of land, which is what was giving up by farmers willingly. So finally there could be arrangement that there will be a car factory at the nano location.

Some Nano images( source rediffnews )

13slde6.jpg

Students Federation of India burn an effigy of opposition to the Nano project, during a protest in Siliguri for the abandoned Tata Nano car  in Singur.

13slde4.jpg

Signatures taken on 3rd Sept 2008 in W.B. supporting the Nano project now gone forever to Gujarat

13slde2.jpg

Ratan Tata and Narendra Modi applaud as principal

secretary of the Gujarat state industries department Gauri Kumar (L)

and Tata Motors managing director Ravi Kant (2-L) exchange documents in

Gandhinagar on October 7, 2008.

13slde1.jpg

Hail the Nano revivers

anjan_c20072008-11-13 14:24:00