Abhie

TATA INDIOGO XL (DICOR)

I visited the TATA showroom, I looked at the specs and features of INDIGO XL, I was kind of surprised with what they have to offer in the GRAND DICOR.

Would you reccommend this car, Its @ 8.2L probably would offer 20k discount. However they have an 2007 model in stock which probably they may offer for cheap may be 40K cheaper i.e. @ 7.6L. Would you reccommend to buy the 2007 model? If yes how much should the cost should be.

I am confused, Please feel free to reccommend any other diesel car.

Kindly help.

Yeh see 08 is only becomming an end and still they ahve the 07 model means imagine how many Indigo XLs sell?? hence please stay out of it , i would suggest you to go for Ford Fiesta Diesel EXi which is available at the same price and much better than Tata , but features are bit less though!

Cheers!

I would not recommend you to buy Indigo XL itself. The car is priced at a premium due to the goodies offered like power adjustable seats, DVD player with two screens, longer wheelbase etc. etc. which will make you feel rich as if you are in a limousine. But an Indigo will always be an Indigo and it can not justify the premium price just because of its low image. Moreover, the refinement, NVH levels, and reliability does not improve even with the XL tag. The panel gaps are uneven and interior quality is very poor. So just forget about buying it.

Instead go for the Verna CRDI which is a class higher and if a very good car and get some nice accessories in it. You will be much much happier with it. OR go for the Logan DCI which, though in the segment of Indigo, is very reliable, efficient, and sorted out car.

But even if the car is chauffer driven, it will still remain problematic being an Indigo. Also, the rear seat comfort of Verna and Logan is pretty good. You wll not get the extra leg room like XL but there is no compromise on comfort levels.

I completely agree with you BS that Indigo XL has better features but most of the Indica/Indigo owners complain about the electricals problems like the power windows which stop working after some time. If the PW of Indigo does not work properly then God knows what will happen to the electronic seat adjustments and so...

Hi Abhi, IMO, there's no harm in going in for an Indigo XL, but as BS mentioned, if your car is going to be chauffer driven, then XL makes sense.

But you should be getting a fabulous deal on this car, as it extremely slow moving from the showrooms.

Tata Indigo XL is great car with lots n lots of useful features which only bigger cars get!....XL is a great deal even without discounts!!...but yes as already mentioned by other members that it makes more sense if it will be chauffer driven!...but if u will be driving ur self  then consider other car for this much budget!... another option is Ford Fiesta!...simply amazing and excellent driver's car!!...or if u can wait then Fiat Linea is also goin to laucnh with tried and tested multijet diesel!..really its worth waiting for!smiley17.gif

Don't be carried away by the gizmo's on offer < even I was at one time > they add up to nothing. The money your speaking of can fetch you a Hyundai Verna CRDI, now why would I buy an Indigo XL Dicor. I wouldn't buy an xxl let alone an XL. It's crudeness personified, have a close look at the boot lid and fuel lid opener's near the drivier seat, they won't even be parallel. The panel and dashboard console gaps are 'yawning'. The high set steering and brakes are enough to put one off. For 7.6 lakhs it's only the ignorant that will go for the Indigo XL Dicor.

The new Indigo with the diesel Quadrajet generating 90BHP is due in another six months. so this XL etc may soon become passe -its already a year old. No point in those discounts. You will not be able to resell the XL after a day's use for even Rs 4.5 - 5 L .

Better avoid it.

even if tata give me a discount of 1 lakh rupee on any car of theirs still i wont be tempted to buy it....at 8.20 lacs you can buy the verna crdi or adding 40-50k you will get a optra magnum...both the products are light years ahead of indigo xl in every aspect !!!!

Hello Everyone

Many thanks for your time and providing me honest feedback I have enough food for thought now. I gather that there is more NO GO then GO for Indigo XL DICOR. I would probably wait for some time for TATA new diesel , FIAT Linea etc or else Start considereing the Hyundai VERNA , LOGAN as an Option.

ANy information on this in future is very much appreciated.

Cheers! folks 

Hi Guys

Tata dealer just called me and he has offerred 80K discount on 2007 model :) :) hahaha. the price would be @ 7.4Lacs.

People I think he will come down more on this :) :) hahaha, What do you say for 7 Lacs is it a steal?????? I am not sure after so much of good and bad feedback. :(

WELL' date=' it is going to be chauffer driven. Guys please help and advice on the engine performance and service part, will I have to run to the service centre very often?

[/quote']

ask the dealer for a flat 20% discount. Thats a magical price for you. But yes You may have to spend much on service bills, run around to service center, chauffer driven is even more risky...

anyways if he negotiates down to 20%, you know what that means!!!

@Abhie, as you mentioned, its going to be chauffer driven, go ahead, its the best option, will offer acres of room inside. Just make sure you get a good deal.

Regarding engine performance, its adequate & don't worry on service & maintenance part.