ruckfules_niks

Will the NANO replace the autos in india????!!

Very weird but think about it !! with autos costing close to 2 lks to fully build... will the nano  take over?! Can u imagine yellow and black nanos zooming around indian metros??! Well i think its definitely on cards ! Wat are your thoughts??! 

No way. A car is a car and an auto is an auto.

Cars have higher maintanance cost than auto. Autos are more fuel efficient, they have short turning radius and its dimensions are suited for traffic than the nano...

No way. A car is a car and an auto is an auto.
Cars have higher maintanance cost than auto. Autos are more fuel efficient' date=' they have short turning radius and its dimensions are suited for traffic than the nano...
[/quote'] exactly..autos are much more practical than any car...they are low on maintenance if one part of their is not working properly or damaged sometimes they dont even fix it while in cars its necessary to fix...

And in autos there are around 7-8 or more passengers hanging around, but can this be possible in Nano 

but think rationally forum members from an autorickshaw drivers point of view...an auto comes for close to 2-2.5 lacs. so wont it be better for him to buy a nano which costs 1 lakh and the kind of mileage it will deliver it wont even require cng power and autos choke traffic in cities...these ***** autowallahas drive in the fastest lane thinking as if they are having a ferrari or something !!!!

Nano's mileage will be less than Autos and nowadays rickshaws compulsorily runs on CNG so saving are more...Even rickshwwala if they want it for personal use then they can get nano but for earning/business purpose they will still go for AUTORICKSHAW 

but it makes sense to run nano as a auto because one can start his business with less capital than before almost 50 % less cost and if it comes with a cng kit than no one will bother to buy an auto..nano will be used an auto cause the drivers can use the same car for both commercial and personal purpose...howz that blue sapphire !!!

I think when nano comes out ...there will be a change in the road tax structure ...and may be people will have to pay some extra money for registering a nano...remember Tata can only price the car 1 lac ex.showroom.....what about ..insurance....registration....add another 20-30 K in city like delhi....

But what if Nano can be converted to CNG......Hmm

Tata is working on diesel, electric and alternative fuels for Nano..

Ya mehul, rightly said but still it will not be as practical and maintenance free as rickshaw and they might not able to load many passengers..

Ok, now i think that if Nano even slightly affects the rickshaws, the biggest maker of Rickshaw i.e Bajaj will cut the costs as we know that when it comes to competition Bajaj is bit more aggressive..we have witness it in bike market...Bajaj can reduce the quality and thus decrease in cost, although it will be high than Nano but can compensate that more amount in future...

Further nano doesnt comes with CNG so if one is able to fit CNG in nano then it will cost around 1.6-1.75L on road...

Will Nano replace the autos? I wish it does, so that we will see less smokes. The real answer lies with the Bajaj. They might slash the price of auto rickshaws so that it will still be lucrative compared to Nano. Otherwise, we might see more Nano replacing auto. Fuel efficiencies are almost the same (if run with petrol). Nano engine will not require lubrication oil to be mixed with petrol, which will further bring down the running cost. But the only negative factor against Nano are its doors. Auto-rick does not have a door and it makes a lot easier for them to pick and drop commuters. I will not be surprised if the transport owners remove the door just to facilitate :)

Firstly, the 1 lac price tag will the cost of Nano to dealer. Add to it the dealers' profit, Insurance and registration and the Nano will cost no less than 1.4 - 1.5 lacs on road. Moreover, the 1 lac price tag will just be the introductary offer and the prices will be hiked thereafter.

In cities like Mumbai, Nano could take over the autos but in small cities, where 8-10 people are boarded on the auto, the autowalas would not even think about buying a Nano. Nor does it sound to be an alternate to ambys because it is too cramped and small to be compared to spacious ambys.

I think in bigger cities surely that is possible. In cities with stricter laws, even the rick cannot carry more than 3 passengers. The Ambys also cannot seat more than 4 (not about comfort but about the laws).

But in smaller towns and cities surely ricks make more sense. But then again, like in mumbai (taxis being costlier to travel in), if people in smaller cities buy nanos, they might just  be able to charge slightly more to offset or even make profits after covering the running costs. There is also a slight snob value attached to the people travlling in cabs rather than ricks.

but if Autos are replaced with Nanos, the those Taxiwalas will get affected to a large extent...and if that happens then where will all those lugguge be there in Nano...

And surely Taxiwala will conduct a Strike as usual

Intra city transport seldom needs luggage space. Anyway if there are less than four people in the nano, there will surely be some space for the luggage. Another advantage over the ricks (not sure whether this holds true everywhere) is that ricks are not allowed in parts of Mumbai whereas the cabs are allowed everywhere. So, the drivers can take their nanos where ever they want.

Strike by taxi walas...hmmm.. surely happen... how many strikes will the nano see?

Yes, BS I agree with you Nano could have projected the look of new developed India elsewhere!

@Chirag, less said the better, its a pathetic state of affairs whatsoever!

Autorickshaws are ghastly and beastly contraptions that are not only a nuisance and hazard in traffic but also in society as well.  They transform those who drive them into greedy and unscruplous scoundrels and convert them into a social menace.  I would be glad if they are replaced by the Nano.  I shall hope that this will happen sooner than later and that the autorickshaw will be eliminated.

well that's the state of our country at present...mamta banerjee cooked up this whole issue because she wanted political limelight just before the general and state election not because she was concerned about the farmers !!!

strike has become the favourite passtime of the some of our countrymates !!!!

Autorickshaws are ghastly and beastly contraptions that are not only a nuisance and hazard in traffic but also in society as well.  They transform those who drive them into greedy and unscruplous scoundrels and convert them into a social menace.  I would be glad if they are replaced by the Nano.  I shall hope that this will happen sooner than later and that the autorickshaw will be eliminated.

People in the so called 'nanocabs' would turn into the same breed.

Offtopic: Saw in the news today, some NGO in delhi has started to address this issue where the rick wala will drop you where ever you want (no matter how close or how far) at the meter shown prices (something that was long forgotten in Delhi it seems)

in every city they go by their mood and does lots of nataks...

whereas in other countries you tell them and they cant tell you NO as far as you are in city limits...If they say no, you have full right to complain about them and you will be heard unlike here...