vibhor

Hyundai i20 coming next month!!confirmed!

smiley17.gifHi guys!!!Hyundai has just revealed that the i20 will hit the Indian roads this November!!!!!!.smiley4.gifThe i20 is a 5- door, 5-seater hatchback, based on an extended Hyundai Getz platform and design inspired from premium hatchback Hyundai i30, which is launched in Korea and Europe. Globally  the i20 will replace the Getz. Here in India, it will be positioned above the Getz, as getz prime is also doing brisk sales. Hyundai i20 will target B or B+ segment customers,pitted against Maruti Swift, Skoda Fabia and the soon to be launched Fiat GRANDE PUNTO(Mother of all hatchbacks!)Hyundai i20 had been designed especially to meet the European consumer needs. Like the i10, the Indian customers can taste the upmarket features of an international car once again;for a nominal price, due to local manufacture. An Excellent strategy - favors both the manufacturer and the customer.The i20 will be made in the Chennai plant for export and domestic sales. 30% of the Hyundai production will be done from Chennai plant only by 2009. smiley17.gif

large.jpg

FuelRunGod2008-12-29 06:09:26

Please there are many threads for i20...you should not create another thread buddy...Mods please merge these...
i know dear , i created this one specially for i20launch!...other threads were for the pics n info on i20!!..anyways if mods find any problem they can merege the threads!smiley1.gif

the new i20 is definately bigger and better than getz!...and i think hyundai will price it nicely after seeing a great response for i20's li'l bro that is i10!

i think they will decrease the price of Getz further and probably will discontinue any of the one variants i.e. either 1.1 or 1.3..and obviously they will 1st discontinue the getz diesel and then will position the i20, hence difference will not be much bluesapphire2008-10-14 09:40:12

Positioned above the Getz would mean high pricing' date=' not good for i20's success cause!Also, any news on diesel engine options?

[/quote']

ya Speed, if this is priced above getz, i.e., between the getz and the fabia. This product is a born flop, will sell a max of 1000 units per month. With people gearing up from small cars to the Swift-D we cant expect them to accept this Expensive Hatch! If at all they wanna invest say 7 lakh for a basic diesel, they will go for the more perstegious Skoda or the more spacious Dzire.

What say?

At present, the company has no plans to introduce the diesel version but sooner or later it will definitely hit the Indian car market. The Hyundai i20 has recently revealed its true pictures in the Paris Auto Show and as per the industry sources this global car is just amazing and outstanding!!! :)

The Indian customer is now accepting the concept of premium hatch and they do not mind buing a hatchback instead of a sedan if they get the quality, efficiency, and better features in small car. Fabia was accepted open hearted by all but due to its highish price, it sells in small numbers. As he I20 will be priced below Fabia, a lot of people would go for it. And I personally find I20 more attracitve than Fabia.

If at all they wanna invest say 7 lakh for a basic diesel' date=' they will go for the more perstegious Skoda or the more spacious Dzire.

What say?[/quote']

"spacious" Dzire, that is joke of the day. Dzire is as spacious as a Swift, which is the most cramped in the segment.

Getz is much more spacious than dzire and i20 is more spacious than Fabia and getz..so obviously i20 will be more spacious tha Dzire...well leave this Dzire is not in competition of i20 or Fabia...person buying Dzire wants VFM while premium hatches are not for VFM factor..

But this time Hyundai will have to give those basic safety features and at effective price if they want a success like i10 and i think they will make i20 a good value than Fabia or upcoming Jazz...

At present' date=' the company has no plans to introduce the diesel version but sooner or later it will definitely hit the Indian car market. The Hyundai i20 has recently revealed its true pictures in the Paris Auto Show and as per the industry sources this global car is just amazing and outstanding!!! :)

[/quote'] This means for now they will only launch it with petrol version only ! ..n diesel afterwrds!thats not fair!...smiley1.gifvibhor2008-10-14 11:55:32

If Hyundai does not launch a diesel at the start, I fear i20 is going to fail bigtime like the Fusion.

But Hyundai should not have problems launching a diesel from the start, as they have Getz/Vernas engine available.

People prefer buying expensive petrol cars if they are from Honda or Toyota. Hyundai is more preffered due to its good diesel engines. The diesel engine will boost the sales of I20 as more and more people are getting inclined towards diesels nowdays. But if it gets only the petrol head, it may fail miserably.

what hyundai did with Getz should not do with i20...diesel should be available from the very beginning and they should target the diesel customers rather than petrol one in 1st place coz indians are diesel crazy..

If at all they wanna invest say 7 lakh for a basic diesel' date=' they will go for the more perstegious Skoda or the more spacious Dzire.

What say?[/quote']"spacious" Dzire, that is joke of the day. Dzire is as spacious as a Swift, which is the most cramped in the segment.

@opendro

As per most of the people even the Fabia is small compared to the Dzire. Reason

1. Its a hatch - which according to indians is a Half car/ small car.

2. It looks small from the outside.

3. How many people buying the Dzire atleast check out the Fabia?

4. Majority of the buyers are not auto litrates?

5. And in india segments are not made by hatch or 3 box. It is made by the price tag. As spoken usually India isn't a Price sensitive market. But it clearly depends on how the Gift wrap is done over the Gift. As car is a more of a Status Symbol here.

Comments Please?deepakds2008-10-14 14:21:55

Reasons why Dzire is selling are :

Has a boot,  so the big car appeal,

Superb diesel engine,

Cheap & easy maintenance,

Reliable Maruti badge,

Good looks for one's who are buying.

Last but not the least- VFM package.

Thanks Deepak, this time edit option was available!

speed2008-10-14 14:31:47

If at all they wanna invest say 7 lakh for a basic diesel, they will go for the more perstegious Skoda or the more spacious Dzire.

What say?

"spacious" Dzire, that is joke of the day. Dzire is as spacious as a Swift, which is the most cramped in the segment.

@opendro

As per most of the people even the Fabia is small compared to the Dzire. Reason

1. Its a hatch - which according to indians is a Half car/ small car.

2. It looks small from the outside.

3. How many people buying the Dzire atleast check out the Fabia?

4. Majority of the buyers are not auto litrates?

5. And in india segments are not made by hatch or 3 box. It is made by the price tag. As spoken usually India isn't a Price sensitive market. But it clearly depends on how the Gift wrap is done over the Gift. As car is a more of a Status Symbol here.

Comments Please?

well i am not talking about the car is bad or good and forget the illiterate people but what he said is Dzire is not spacious as its Swift with Boot while Fabia is spacious and i20 is bigger than Fabia..Why you worry about the exterior and sales part talk about just one thing that is Space...premium hatches are generally for richies who dont worry about the VFM while entry level sedan are generally for people who are willing to come to sedan from hatch..you can notice that generally Fabia is bought by already a good car owner i.e. not first time buyer while dzire are generally bought by 1st time Sedan buyer who considers sedan as a status...This was just about space so the factors you mentioned are not justified..

yup!!thats great mehul!!....hope it comes in diesel too!..so that u can proudly say that am a owner of i20!!....great!am sure it will also sell like hot cakes as i10 even if it comes without diesel!!smiley17.gif