vibhor

Hyundai i20 coming next month!!confirmed!

Even Im in the market for a car under 10L.

The car has to be a diesel.

Im interested in the i20 diesel, but if its going to come with Getz/Verna's diesel unit, I'll think twice. This means I want a spanking new diesel unit for the i20!

Others in my list include : Scorpio, Safari, Fabia to some extent.

Though everyone would feel this is a very varied list, but this is what I have shortlisted.

If I don't make a purchase this year, due to various reasons, next year would include the New Lancer & Fiat Punto in my list.

@Vibhor, its a mixed up wishlist, actually I want a good car, be it hatch, saloon or a SUV.

speed2008-10-14 16:50:08

Even Im in the market for a car under 10L.

The car has to be a diesel.

Im interested in the i20 diesel' date=' but if its going to come with Getz/Verna's diesel unit, I'll think twice. This means I want a spanking new diesel unit for the i20!

Others in my list include : Scorpio, Safari, Fabia to some extent.

Though everyone would feel this is a very varied list, but this is what I have shortlisted.

[/quote']

hi, Speed, though You have more knowledge than me, as far as cars are concerned, I m bit surprised with the list of cars you have shortlisted.

Scorpio: Bit noisy and bumpy, overall package not worth..

Safari: Out dated, need replacement, fit & finish worst, service/resale price very bad, F.E not impressive.

Fabia: Very much overly priced and parts prices, nothing to write about.

According to me Linea, Punto, I-20 will be much better car than your's shortlisted cars. Don't decide in hurry. Today, the best mix of Suv and Hatch is Ford Fusion.. It's better to pay higer price for car and parts to Ford than to Skoda.. Still you will save so much money..

Hope I m not hurting you, just giving my opinion.

Bhavin

I m bit surprised with the list of cars you have shortlisted.

Scorpio: Bit noisy and bumpy' date=' overall package not worth..

Safari: Out dated, need replacement, fit & finish worst, service/resale price very bad, F.E not impressive.

Fabia: Very much overly priced and parts prices, nothing to write about.

According to me Linea, Punto, I-20 will be much better car than your's shortlisted cars. Don't decide in hurry. Today, the best mix of Suv and Hatch is Ford Fusion.. It's better to pay higer price for car and parts to Ford than to Skoda.. Still you will save so much money..[/quote']

Hi Nikvint, see Im looking in for a good car myself, category is not important as I own cars across categories & this buy is going to be for fun & excitement rather than need.

Regarding Scorpio, I think its a good lifestyle vehicle & as I don't own a proper SUV, it can fit the bill for sometime.

Then I was considering Safari as the Car/SUV has the best ride ie. for broken or no Indian roads which break the back, I find Safari to be supremely comfortable.

Its the same case with Fabia too, the car is very comfortable, I think you are getting my point, I want car with excellent ride.

For Fusion, I must say its a complete failure & ride quality is poor.

Then about Linea & Punto, well I have owned a Palio & trust me experience was pathetic from Fiats perspective. So, before Fiat proves itself, Im going to stay away.

@Speed = buddy now dont u think u are going little off topic??..why dont u start a new thread for ur queiry??..anyways just saw its your 2000th post here!congrats!!smiley17.gif

@vineet = yup!!thanks for the link to brouchre buddy!!..its very nice but some of the features will surely be missing here! smiley17.gif

good info vineet...well SRK will be again on work with promos of i20...if the success of i10 is considered, hyundai will definately give contract to him again..he is lucky mascot for HMIL..

well hope this one launch soon here..this year till december will see lots of good cars and has already seen lots of new cars even at the time of slow down in economy..

I am not too sure of the site as when you click on contact us it populates a Gmail address.

I am sure Hyundai will not give a Gmail address on their site smiley2.gif

The site itself declares so (that it is not a original site)

The disclaimer at the bottom reads :

Disclaimer: We are not associated, affiliated, or connected with Hyundai India or Hyundai Global by any means

these big tyres & alloys wont come to india

expect 13 ' tyres

No way, they wont reduce the tyre size. They might just give normal tyres instead of the tubeless ones.  Also they might cut off some accessories and hi-tech gadgets which would add more value when put in the european market.

I wish some carmaker brings the USB mp3 player instead of the age old cd/mp3 player. Then we could just use our pendrive and have unlimited music playback.

I am waiting eagerly for the I20 and fiat Grande punto. Both are very very similar.

Images in sequence

Dimensions of GPunto and I20

Pics of Gpunto and I20

fiat-grande-punto-dimensions.jpg

i20dimensionsjx0.png

Grande_Punto_2006_1_1179763873_118638749hyundai%20i20.JPG

jbond8302008-11-21 17:58:29

these big tyres & alloys wont come to india

expect 13 ' tyres

No way' date=' they wont reduce the tyre size. They might just give normal tyres instead of the tubeless ones.  Also they might cut off some accessories and hi-tech gadgets which would add more value when put in the european market.

I wish some carmaker brings the USB mp3 player instead of the age old cd/mp3 player. Then we could just use our pendrive and have unlimited music playback.

I am waiting eagerly for the I20 and fiat Grande punto. Both are very very similar.

Images in sequence

Dimensions of GPunto and I20

Pics of Gpunto and I20

hyundai%20i20.JPG

[/quote']

hey i thought this was the thread to discuss about the i20 never knew Grande punto would have been heresmiley11.gif! anyways thanks!!

but i dont think the above pic is of  i20!!!!smiley36.gif

Cheerssmiley1.gif

ya Speed' date=' if this is priced above getz, i.e., between the getz and the fabia. What say?[/quote']

Placed between the fabia & Getz !!!!!

Can you ppl comment on the Inside Sapce, LEgroom < build quality vis a vis the Fabia?

I am sold out on the Petrol Fabia, but have postponed my decision to buy , based on all the value added gyan I got from the forum epxerts..

So I am keen to explore and make my deciosn to buy a premium hatchbak (upgrade from Indica) or look for ther Nothback Option to fit in my 7L budget.

Ash 

Originally posted by deepakds

Originally posted by speed

ya Speed, if this is priced above getz, i.e., between the getz and the fabia. What say?

Placed between the fabia & Getz !!!!!

Can you ppl comment on the Inside Sapce, LEgroom < build quality vis a vis the Fabia?

I am sold out on the Petrol Fabia, but have postponed my decision to buy , based on all the value added gyan I got from the forum epxerts..

So I am keen to explore and make my deciosn to buy a premium hatchbak (upgrade from Indica) or look for ther Nothback Option to fit in my 7L budget.

Ash