vibhor

Hyundai i20 coming next month!!confirmed!

@Ash- Kindly go through the interior pics of i20 in the thread. i20 will be surely spacious than Fabia. Both i20 & Jazz would be pretty spacious. What Fabia has going with is the build quality. i20 looks better - we have to just wait & see how i20 petrol engines perform apart from 1.2 Kappa which will be borrowed from i10.

The i20 will be definitely roomier than the Fabia..the build quality of the i20 is expected to be good as well...maybe not better than the Fabia..Also it is expected to undercut the Fabia by a few tens of thousands..

definitely a car worth waiting for.

@AshTheDash

with a budget of 7 lakhs, you could really go for the topend i20...but we'll still have to wait and see.

Hi karan,

I seriously hope that the i20 petrol comes out fine..

It seems now a days the Diesel models that are being launched are rellay cool, but nothing great in the petrol scene...

Waiting with my fingers crossed..

Ash

The only problem is that Hyundai keeps changing the launch dates.

It began with Oct end as the date, changed to Nov to map A star launch (though both of diff genere) then it was said that it will be late Dec 08 & last i hear now is that it has been defered to Jan 09.

With so many changes back & forth i just hope they dont end up being another Linea which has been coming is coming still.

Hyundai itself hasn't spoken about any launch dates for the i20..These dates that are being speculated right now are just the opinions of the various magazines..There has been no official word from the company yet..

Hyundai i20 India Price and Specification:

Hyundai has released the prices and specifications of its much awaited i20 in the UK market. Expect very similar levels of features in India as well, as we know that starting from the i10, Hyundai

Vibhor: The milage figures mentioned by in KM per litre does not appear correct. They should read as:

54.3 mpg = 19 KMPL

64.2 MPG = 23 KMPL

62.8 MPG - 22 KMPL

The conversion factors are

1 MILE = 1.6 km

1 Gallon (UK) = 4.546 liters

The US Gallon is = 3.7854 liters, which is different from UK and not applicable here

well vibhor this pic seems to be of india....

M i correct??

Yes this is India, to be specific, Pondicherry. The i20 had it's advertorial shot in Pondicherry.

@vibhor: I don't think India is ready for a 77 bhp Hyundai hatch for Rs.7 lakh. It's way too expensive. Probably a Honda or a Skoda, not a Hyundai. I read the first drive impressions in ACI and Autoexpress <UK> the impressions are at best 50/50: meaning no great shake's to take on the class leader's. I bet i20 will first cater to exports, and Hyundai won't be in a tearing hurry to release it here: coz the price is sure to raise many an eyebrow. The competitive price point would be start at 5.5 and end at 6.5 lakh OTR. any thing above will see it go the Getz way. And they better load it with kit and give their latest powerplants, no half hearted approach like the Getz CRDI. They should give atleast 6 airbag's, ABS/EBD with BAS, good modern ICE, Alloy's, Climate control/Dualzone. With these factored in they may just be able to pull it off. Hyundai India is not confident of selling i20 in nos. here in India, they have a conservative estimate of selling 1,500 annually according to Lheem. I feel the management is still confused about the price point and kit to be given, so the delay. i20 is not a meant for India, product.
Durango Dude2008-12-07 12:31:13

First of all, I'm not too sure if Hyundai ever planned to launch the i20 by Diwali. Even if it did and postponed it, Hyundai like all other manufacturers would be worried about launching a new car, when the demand for it's existing line-up is low.

Off topic, but related to car demand:

The govt. has just announced a 4% reduction in "cenvat" (not sure what it means). Maruti has just announced it would cut prices of it's cars from midnight today (src: CNBC TV18). Other manufacturers may follow too.

Jupiter2008-12-07 13:08:56

I agree with DurangoDude, to some extent....in a price sensitive market like ours, hyundai has to be very careful...good cars have fallen to the wayside before..i really hope hyundai manages to do an i10 with the i20..

here's another way of looking at it. if the i20 does well, it might just tempt fiat and honda to speed up the launch of the punto and jazz..

yes me to interested to see Jazz, Punto and i20 in the competition next year.

Punto is more of a performer though not a looker, i20 and Jazz look better, Jazz will have the reliability tagged, ofcourse a Honda and i20 will go on to create a bigger impact, am sure!

i will also be scratching my head to choose one among these three next year!

hyundai i20 will loose many equipments when its launched in india...for example airbags and abs will come only in the     

top model and electric mirrors might be omitted as well.

i dont think 15 inchers will come on indian i20...india is a price sensitive market and hyundai should price i20 correctly otherwise it will meet the same fate as of elantra,tucson,getz !!!!