vibhor

VolksWagen Planning to launch "Caddy" in India!!!

smiley1.gifHi friends!!!Volkswagen which has been a premium maker in the Indian auto segment plans to enter the mass market segment. Not just with a ultra low cost car but also with a taxi on the likes of Tata

Taxi is fine, but thing is VW charges such a premium for its cars, taxiwalas will run away from it. Also, maintenance costs, spares prices, etc. are too high for viable taxi operations.

But as the 1st. post states "mass market", I don't think so!

For a proper van, interior room should be maximised, I can see a big bonnet in this van, this reduces interior space.

merc is an established brand in india & it is selling only premium cars & not van in india

VW has just launched two vehicles in the premium segment ,so after that launching  a van will surely affect its brand image among premium customers

Taxiwalas in india don't service their cars in authorised service stations. They do it with local mechanic simply for using cheap spares and low labour charges. I don think they will buy premium priced VW cars and the heavy service costs of VW will definitely not attract taxiwalas.

as i've already said not those small taxi operators will prefer it but maybe the call centres,MNC's and other big operators will be happy to use it as taxi!!..n why not it has prestegious VW badge in front of it! :-)

It should be priced very competitively or else it will be a Disaster. Looks very basic and not even a single private owner would consider it. VW should avoid introducing it because the Indicas/Indigos are the most preffered by taxi operators and its too hard to get the pricing as good as TATAs.

It can cater to the fleet owners and call centers though but catering only to such small group will not fetch enough sales.