vibhor

New Chevrolet U-VA going to launch soon!!!

Hey guys!! Chevrolet will soon launch the new Aveo in India.General Motors unveiled its new aveo(aveo U-VA in india) at the Frankfurt Motor show last year and ever since it was unveiled Indian customers has been waiting for this new car. From the styling point of view, the aveo U-VA looks more aggressive compared to staid current one.The big split radiator grille with a prominent crossbeam are typical styling cues of every modern european hatchbacks. The dynamism in styling of new aveo U-VA is enhanced by the large, curved clear-glass headlamps and fog lamps that project like spotlights from the lower part of the bumper. The spruced up, eye-catching interiors is also to increase the appealing factor of the new aveo U-VA. A fully integrated audio unit, user-friendly air-conditioning dials and soft plastics will make the new Aveo U-VA stand up to the rivals like Hyundai i10.smiley1.gif

With the change in the styling, GM Chevrolet also introduced two new petrol engines for the new aveo U-VA.  A 1.2-litre developing 84bhp and a 1.4-litre unit with a power output of 98hp became the new powertrain of new Aveo. But Indian Aveo U-VA will continue with same engine that powers the current U-VA. Expect the price to be marginally higher. Aveo U-VA currently retails between Rs 4 lakh and Rs 5 lakh.(vicky)

chevrolet_new_aveo_u-va.jpg

chevrolet_new_aveo_u-va_interiors.jpg
vibhor2008-10-15 11:10:20

this is new Uva and is excellent but still will find some problem in sales..

The interiors are of top-notch same as in Indian Aveo and hopefully they will come with beige..i saw this in Dubai last year ..

Vibhor any time frame mentioned..

this is the New UVA and this is Supposed to launch in somewhere around Mid 09 and only the front and rear will be a change , but it looks good and also the most important thing will be the diesel engine too

similialry the front end will be almost the same and Aveo will come around Mid 09 too!

Cheers!

Current  Model in India looks better. Much Better.

I don't think this will come to India unless they put the 1.3 diesel in this facelifted model and retain the petrol model.
though current one looks not that bad but this one looks aggressive and also current one has pathetic interiors while this one has much better interiors like of Aveo which has class leading interiors..

yup just saw it now..looks sportier and with Mjd it will be great package with everything in one car i.e looks, space, Gm pricing thats efficeint than before, warranty, service, interiors, quality ,etc..

But was that pic which you posted before, an india specific one means snapped in inda??

rear view seems good the front end grill seems too pronounced. Hence the front nose looks too narrow.

Other wise interiors seems the same, some color changes there, it think.

Rgds

The AVEO in the international market is available as both a hatch and a sedan. This could be the next UVA. Aslo, in the picture of the red car, didnt anyone notice those twin pipes???? We are DEFINATELY not getting that heresmiley6.gif...

@ BS, Yes, this pic is of the India specific model. Now it looks well enough to compete with the Swift. Why was Chevy soo slow, in bringing this ?? What choice we have now. It's seems to be 'models ka barsaat' this festive season!!

Already there is a great demand for 1.3mjd. I heard that the production of engine is less than required. I think that there won't be a diesel at the time of its launch.

Chevy should also improve its notchy gearshift and handling.