Durango Dude

Unreliable Fiat....

Wow Cyrus, this was an eyeopener! This is the 1st. such eg. Ive seen in India.

More and more people should adopt this novel way, its a walking-talking advertisement!

Almost everybody enquires from people around, whenever one is looking to buy a car, such advts. would clear one's mind beyond a doubt!

A sardarji taxi wallah in Delhi once told me that he's fixed the indica's ac pulley to the front axle...and the AC only runs when the car's on the move...didnt have the time to really see it and to me his AC didnt work at all (but then it was an afternoon in May) but is this really possible???

smiley36.gifwho owns Ferrari S.p.A? FIAT smiley36.gif
Kinshuk2008-10-16 16:19:35

I've heard from someone that the AC of M800(after market) will work only the accelerator is pressed.
well i dont think so as i had a 800 with aftermarket AC and never had such problems but yes the car gets heated if the AC is on and car is idle for long time...

Once i sat in my cousins 800 and it was old and wasnt in good condition and we were sitting idle with AC on for long time and suddenly after sometime the smoke came out from bonnet..

I just drove the 800 that i mentioned earlier. Yes the compressor gets on when the vehicle is on move(when the throttle is pressed). In idling condition it is not working. Maybe in order to avoid the smoke mentioned by 

bluesapphire

that they may have made some changes to work like that. But otherwise the AC is quite powerful and fine.

Like the idea. Only concern is a particular car in batch or something like that could be really problematic but that does not hold true for the company. There have cases when the court has ordered the manufacturer to pay the cost of the car with some interest and compensation to the customer. I think that would be the proper way to go about it (how long will you have to go to court is a BIG question though). Imagine seeing a maruti,a hyundai, a chevy and a tata with such stickers.Never heard of it but I'm sure even others might have had a one off case like this (especially something like the mileage). What car does one buy then?

I just drove the 800 that i mentioned earlier. Yes the compressor gets on when the vehicle is on move(when the throttle is pressed). In idling condition it is not working. Maybe in order to avoid the smoke mentioned by 

bluesapphire

that they may have made some changes to work like that. But otherwise the AC is quite powerful and fine.

In the early days ACs had an idle cut off. This was to prevent the engine from stalling. I had this in my old Premier Padmini Deluxe (AC installed in 1980) and Amby (Installed in 1981), both by yours truly.

M800 got round this by fitting a fast-idle relay which stepped up the idle when the AC was turned on. I had a retrofit in my M800 in 1987 and it used to switch the compressor off. . Later I got the fast idle solenoid added to cover the issue. This problem (feature?) vanished with FI cars. Maybe you have an old AC which has the idle cut out.