DreamTheCar

Why Buy A Car That You Don't Like

Have you ever thought why many people buy a car that they don't like? Many people dream of buying a car that fits in their dreams and aspirations but unfortunately they end up buying a car that fits in their requirement. With this, their dream car is just rushed out of mind and they hold a compromising key to their car. There are many reasons supporting the factor, may be financial, may be emotional, or may be variety of opinions. It can be anything!

Recently, we have covered an article on this titled as 'Choose Your Dream Car Carefully' on http://www.carazoo.com/article/3009200801?

You can have a look on the article if you really want to know why people end up buying a car that they don

dream, but the dream car which all of us think of doesnt come with just dreaming abt it right and one has to plan out lots of things before buying one and finance is one of the main things to think abt and i dont think everyone lands up buying a car they dont like.

dream' date=' but the dream car which all of us think of doesnt come with just dreaming abt it right and one has to plan out lots of things before buying one and finance is one of the main things to think abt and i dont think everyone lands up buying a car they dont like.[/quote']

TRUE! yu dont buy a car that you dont like, but most of us buy a car that could be second or third in our wish list... and there could be a lot of reasons behind this..

When I bought my last car. It was dictated by the features provided. Basically, it was the Elantra that provided all features. So I went for it, at an honest to goodness price that was irresisitable. I took a test drive with my wife for almost 30 kms. 15 kms I drove and another 15 kms I sat in the back seat and allowed my sales advisor to do the driving. That was the last time I sat in the back seat and I have been using the driver's seat for some 13000 kms and almost 3 years. It has been one happy 'arranged' romance, like my marriage. Sometime's first time romance's can go bust in a few months...unlike my marriage and the Elantra...in for the long haul, for sure; and am loving it. I think Hyundai has to give me the i20 free for all the good things Im saying smiley2.gif.

Heart and the Mind are the two rulers here. You have to decide which one wins. Getting both from a car is very difficult and ultimately its what the person wants and the constraints that limit him from buying his dream car

Many people buy cars that they dont like because this is India and most of the car buyers belong to middle clss families. Therefore there are various constraints like price, maintenance, the 'mileage kya hai factor, and also the re-sale value. So, we prefer to go with our mind and not with our heart. And this is the reason why there are so many wagon-Rs on the road.

Last time around when I way in market for a car, I was looking in for a car between 8-16L. I had gotten rid of my old City & wanted to upgrade, Accord seemed to be an ideal upgrade, but I was not happy with Honda. Then there was Camry, drove it but was'nt impressed. So, then choice was between Octy. & Corolla, I wanted to go in for Octy., but Skoda did not a dealership in town, this proved to be a deterrent. In the end I was left with no other choice but to pick the Corolla. I must admit here that I did fell in for its international hype & frankly that was my biggest mistake, since then I respect our market more than International market.

Im still repenting though as there's no choice but to live with it!

Peoples like first owned cars are sentimentally very good .and then that cars are really very good maintenance and heavy materials are used.but now a days cost is high but materials are weak but one thing lot of advance techniques are now available comparing to old models.

--------------------------------

Muthu

Sreevysh Corp

Had always dreamt of owning the VTEC. when it was in production I had just started earning and didn't have the budget. once I was okay with the finance I did a lot of research and searched a lot to find a good second hand example. spent close to 5.25l  and had my dream car. at that price and a little more there were other new cars in market aswell but preferred this over the new ones..

So can't complain much. Have the car I want.

well dreams dont correspond to reality always...when even i was buying a car it was between octavia and corolla..i still love the front end of octavia but seeing the interiors and everything went for the corolla...buying a car of your dreams is a difficult thing !!!!

dream' date=' but the dream car which all of us think of doesnt come with just dreaming abt it right and one has to plan out lots of things before buying one and finance is one of the main things to think abt and i dont think everyone lands up buying a car they dont like.[/quote']

Hi, I know that dreams can never be true by just dreaming. There is a well-known quote,