Sign in to follow this  
The VTEC guy

Only SBI loans for Nano

In first of its initiative in India Tata have decided that SBI is the only bank to provide loans for Tata Nano. Reason Tata Nano is targeted for reach in rural markets more and SBI with its widest reach in India is the best choice.

Also if you want don't want to get loan and want to pay full amount you have to draw a draft from SBI only. no other bank DD will be accepted.

Source: Times of India
The VTEC guy2008-10-16 13:26:14

Good move, SBI is a standard nationalised bank. Private banks like ICICI / HDFC, etc. bombard with marketing. From my own personal experience, I can tell SBI is much better than these private banks.

Definitely a poor move. Very bad. SBI is no fit for giving loans. They don't respond properly. They make us wait for a long time. The only benefit may be less interest. From my experience ICICI is good. Regarding reach every dealer in coimbatore has a ICICI personnel in it. They behave in a friendly manner.

sbi is good . i personally believe ;even if we dont have money to repay the loan ,they would not send goonda's to pick u up & beat u. other banks are doing this especially ICICI .

so for rural people its better

well except the internet services offered by ICICI and other prompt services while giving out loans ICICI fails on all other counts..SBI with its best reach and being more consumer freindly is best choice here. outside IT world ICICI is not that great..

well SBI is one of the best Nationalised banks and is reliable and supportive though its slow when compared to private banks but still Tata has tied up with this bank so it should improve the speed ...These banks are also very supportive and has almost has all facilities which are provided by other private banks..