vibhor

M&M to launch XYLO (Ingenio) NOW LAUNCHED

smiley17.gifHey guys!!!....Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) says it will launch the much expected Ingenio MPV by the end of this year. Built on an all new platform this new MPV is next big step for Mahindra after the launch of Scorpio in 2001. Expectations are also running high and many have caught disguised Ingenio while testing.Ignenio  am eight seater MPV, is expected to be powered by the superior m_Hawk engine which is also the latest from Mahindra

It was supposed to be here in mid 08, but anyway Dec. is'nt far!

"Ingenio" name is inspired from Tata's way of naming its vehicles.

But I will have my reservations against Ingenio as going by the latest trends Mahindra has  set viv, pricing the Bolero CRDI & Scorpio VLS, most likely they are going to price the Ingenio also out of contention right from the launch.

The Innova is going to have some tough competition with it. Until now, the only desirable MUV for families is Innova as Tavera, and sumo Grande are mostly used by fleet owners. But thing are surely going to change with the launch of Ingenio and Tata Indicruz.

well m&m are a suv lovers delight cause of their affection with manufacturing only suv's...i have driven the safari,scorpio,qualis,innova,tavera and according to me the car which is best in performance is the scorpio...its pickup is solid while all other suv's feel sluggish till 40 kmph...lets see what ingenio does !!!

1 thing i am sure about the ingenio is that it will be a solid performer, it will have a rocking engine. the 2.2 mHawk with 140 bhp??? 1 thing i have noticed about all mahindra vehicles is that their engines are super cool and they perform, including the max pik up!!! no comparisons to accord V6 please!

Welcome anjan buddy!!smiley17.gif

@crazy cat = thanks buddy!!..ya..its quite tall!!.n yeah!right!the design of roof rails is looking odd to me too!! :-)

Edit:oh am minute late speed has already said!anyways!smiley17.gif
vibhor2008-10-18 14:58:13

Ingenio would give a massive advantage in low running costs & reduced maintenance. In other words it would be 1st. domestically produced MUV which could be a worthy alternative to the Innova.

@Raj, is it a case of high spirits working! Lol!

speed2008-10-18 20:36:27

@ speed: maybe speed hahahahaha! i am a true fan of mahindra, thats right. reasons include-

its indian...

they love jeeps/SUVs like me (!!)... they are the sole jeep manufacturers in the country... (i cant afford a range rover!)

their vehicles are tough and can stand any amount of abuse... i dont like tinny japanese cars even though they are more reliable.

and as i said earlier, their engines are mind blowing. they are very well fit for the respective vehicles or job they are aimed for.

also, i do know the shorcomings of a mahindra, so its not that i am very much biased towards it.
raj_50042008-10-19 05:46:12

Rear lights seem to be shared with Scorpio' date=' but rear bumper is very well moulded & neat.
[/quote'] Yes,am too loving the rear bumper!..looks very nice as you said!

.er..but rear light lookin quite diff. from scorp. to me!...but they are too looking very nice!!smiley17.gif.....

...and did you noticed that M&M will launch it in this DEc. so at that time Toyota is also going to launch its facelifted innova!! smiley1.gif

@Raj, your love for Mahindra is completely justified. Even I like Jeeps/Suv's more than punny cars & feel Jeeps are more suited to our kind of terrain(broken or no roads).

Yes, you are right, these vehicles do the job they are meant to do & still offer whole lot more.

Its good that you can see the shortcomings too in the vehicles you love & are not blinded.

On ques. of affordability, well I think if you can keep 3 monsters, you sure can sure afford one Range Rover. In any case I would wish & hope that your dreams come true in times to come & you are later able to suggest your valuable views to the discerning customers.

@Vibhor,  yes Toyota is gearing up for forthcoming competition. Good for the consumers!

@ vibhor: the headlights in the 2nd pic resembles to that of the scorpio a lot...

@ speed: a range rover costs 80 lakhs buddy!!! my 3 cars cost me no more than 35 lakhs!!! hahahaha... 1 day i hope i can buy a hummer atleast if not a range rover...