vibhor

M&M to launch XYLO (Ingenio) NOW LAUNCHED

if this car looks good, offers more features, enough space, good interiors and has a better engine than the innova with a lower price tag, then it has atleast a chance to compete with it. mahindra should not forget that toyota has earned itself a huge reputation. this is their big launch after the scorpio in 2003. i hope they wont dissapoint us.

+1

Mahindra has to price the Ingenio right, if they go by Bolero Crdi & Scorpio VLS pricing, half the battle is lost. Mahindra must realize, its not a premium brand & staying at a safe distance from bigwigs would be ideal for both products & companys wellbeing.

i think you dont agree with me anjan....!!!!

No raj_5004 its the other way around. I agree with what you say about M&M having been used to the ruggedness and solid off-roading abilities of M&M jeeps first hand, on many occasions myself.

Lets hope that it looks good and interiros are good but it doesnt looks that large as Indicruz and Innova...i think now its high time that M&m should make some spacious vehicles as even scorpio is not that spacious..

Ideally whats the difference between Scorpoi and this one.

This has a fully developed 3rd row of seats.

Apart from this it will have a tough time to be in slot between Bolero and Scorpio

M&M INGENIO , BRANDED XYLO!!!! smiley4.gif

Hi guys!!Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) have announced today that it wil unveil the all new Mahindra XYLO (pronounced Zy-lo) in the current quarter. The Mahindra XYLO is the brand name for the project Ingenio developed completely in-house after the resounding success of the Scorpio. smiley17.gif

The much awaited home grown challenger to the likes of the Toyota Innova and the Cehvrolet Tavera has been developed in close co-operation with the customers by a team of 160 engineers.

ingenio will be powerd by 2.6 l crde engine of scorpio making close to 100 bhp..its base model will be close to 6.5-7 lacs which will give innova many sleepless nights !!!!

Mahindra Ingenio aka XYLO will be powered by a downsized 2.5l engine(from the scorpio) with max power of 110bhp. Mahindra is focusing on driveability rather than outright performance. Prices are expected to be around 7.5to8lacs for the base variant.

Well this link gives good info on Ingenio .I am quiet confused which segment will the car be as it will be competitor to Travera and Innova too. As far as i know both are in different segments.

Main rivalry will be against Innova as it is leading the segment & is the benchmark.

Tavera is already outdated & outclassed, GM needs to bring in a new one to stand as a contender.

for the Xylo now its just the features n price which can beat innova!!!..its design loooks like othe M&Ms only!..or say tavera!..in design innova is best...n its also aerodynamically designed!..not like other MUVs!:-)

Its now the XyLo akin to JLo (Jennifer Lopez)but the SUV does'nt have that kind of thighs. Its being slotted between the Bolero and the Scorpio.  The latest ACI says that it will have as much or even more room than the Innova- lets hope thats true. It will be a Mahindra from head to toe and Toyota's bullet proof engineering will be though missed.

M&M will it is hoped do very well with this SUV.

The Ingenio looks to me very taller like a Force Traveller and narrow like an Omni or Versa. How will be its handling at high speeds on curves? Any way it will be really a threat to Innova and Toyota will have to do some home work in pricing. I hope this product will be superior to the Tata crossover.