vibhor

M&M to launch XYLO (Ingenio) NOW LAUNCHED

A all-new car from HM is also coming in december. Total 3 cars are being launched in december.

Which one??? Only Cedia with facelift is due in Dec. IMO!

New Lancer is due next year.

Scorpio is the Best - Xylo's Next

Mahindra SCORPIO is the perfect vehicle for Indian conditions. You can own the roads when have a Scorpio on your hands. I have the same expectations with Xylo. Mahindra makes vehicles which deliver full value for what its worth and at 650,000 INR, I believe the Xylo will be a real steal. I have recently seen the sneak peek shots of the vehicle on http://www.mahindraxylo.co.in

Xylo: My feeling is that this car will be short on space. It's kinda narrow compared to it's height. It'll be crude, compared to the Innova, it'll be no match. Where's the Rhino compared to the Qualis. The fact that Mahindra's is copying the Innova, talks volume's about the success of the Innova. Innova is 'James Bond' and Xylo at best a 'Johnny English'. Xylo and Innova will be as different as chalk and cheese. Xylo: the artists rendering in the latest ACI looks like a 'Chinese' copy of  a successful product. Plagiarising is the best compliment.

Thanks for the link projectile! I read somewhere in the site  that Xylo will be launched in the first week of Jan09!..anyways!...eagerly waiting to see it!:-)

Thanks for the link projectile! I read somewhere in the site  that Xylo will be launched in the first week of Jan09!..anyways!...eagerly waiting to see it!:-)
well somebody told here that the launch date is 18th of this month

MAHINDRA XYLO TEASERS! -Updated!

Xlyo_Mirror.jpg

Xlyo_Side_Headlight.jpg

Xylo-Mhawk-Logo.jpg

Xlyo_Speedometer.jpg

Xlyo_Seats.jpg

Mahindra-Xylo.jpg

Mahindra today said its new MUV variant which0 was developed under the name of Ingenio is now so called as Xylo (Pronounced as Zy-lo). The Vehicle has gone through a testing process in India which made 160 Experts who are made to create this with a new mark of style, technology and performance. The Xylo is expected at a price at a price tag of Rs. 6.5 Lakhs to 7.5 Lakhs and will much compete with Toyota Innova and the upcoming model Tata Indicruz Crossover. Mahindra will launch the Xylo by December 2008.

Mahindra Xylo will come in Petrol and Common Rail Diesel engine. For Xylo, Mahindra may source the petrol from its Logan partner Renault. The Common rail Variant which comes with 2.5-Litre but not a 2.6-Litre which is already and readily available from Mahindra Scorpio. The New Xylo from Mahindra will produce 100bhp+ max power and 283Nm of Max. torque. Xylo comes out with the fuelsmart technology from Mahindra. The company has already said that the MUV being built on Ingenio platform (Xylo) will get this system. Micro Hybrid variants of Xylo may also be out at the time of the launch.

Xylo is built on an all new platform carrying eight seats MPV. As per the company, Xylo will be exported to other countries, for this Mahindra has specifically carried a lot of attention on this Xylo. Currently the manufacturing capacity for Xylo is 25,000 Vehicles. The assembly line is as same as the Scorpio through the outer body (shell) will be different. Some of the features are:

• The MPV will not feature Airbags at launch

• Four-Wheel drive will be introduced Six monts post launch

• ABS will be offered in due course

• No Automatic Version

http://burnyourfuel.com/2008/11/01/cars/mahindra-xylo/

Xylo: My feeling is that this car will be short on space. It's kinda narrow compared to it's height. It'll be crude' date=' compared to the Innova, it'll be no match. Where's the Rhino compared to the Qualis.?The fact that?Mahindra's is copying the Innova, talks volume's about the success of the Innova. Innova is 'James Bond' and Xylo at best a 'Johnny English'. Xylo and Innova will be as different as chalk and cheese. Xylo: the artists rendering in the latest ACI looks like a 'Chinese' copy of? a successful product. Plagiarising is the best compliment.[/quote']

very true DD

i agree that XYLO will pose no threat to innova but i don't think the difference will so great ( james bond to johnny english!!)

Well, the Xylo will still have a SUV looks rather than of a MUV,which actually it is!....so at a point i think its good that it will have a SUVish look which will make it feel more tougher than its competitior - The Innova!

...and from the interior spy pics(on previous page of this thread).its interiors looks worth to compete with innova's!:)

hey guys!!...a very kind M&M official has just told me something about the NEW XYLO!!!!!smiley17.gifsmiley4.gif

Here are those words he said ,

"Spacing of the XYLO is brilliant , the comfort and luxury quotient inside is very high . have been getting crazy ideas for Xylo, think of all the things you could do with that much space! not only I can fit the best music systems inside..to go on a party mode.. one can actually make it a small limo with all luxuries to indulge in.. the looks are bold enough for you to drive into an upmarket party".

The exact specifications he was not allowed to reveal. But we can expect a powerful and economical car,and it is very few times that you get more space in a car and still keep it stylish and trendy.

THANKS ALOT To 'him'!smiley17.gif

vibhor2008-12-05 16:05:16