vibhor

M&M to launch XYLO (Ingenio) NOW LAUNCHED

Yeah!it will be great if it comes with 4WD option!

Actually xylo is going to be placed between the Bolero and Scorpio.

So let's see whats M&M s going to offer for Indian buyers this time!

I am eagerly wait for Xylo's launch!:-)

its been confirmed that xylo will be launched in the last week of janaury 2009...the co cites the recent mumbai attacks and says its not the right time to launch new vehicles...really strange !!!!

yes their was this article in the economic times which said that due to the mumbai attacks both the mumbai based companies ie fiat and m&m have delayed the launches of their new cars ie linea and xylo !!!!

Source : www.indianautosblog.com 

One of our Indian Autos Blog readers emailed us an image of what he thinks is the soon to debut Mahindra XYLO. The image is low-resolution but the signature Mahindra grille and emblem with a new and unseen headlight and bumper design confirms that this is after all the XYLO.

Look closely at the number plate, you can view the letters I and O, and the word

I hope they have removed all the cons from the Scorpio and have considered what the competition is offering..

A decent features list like USB and Aux Ports, Climate COntrol, Electric mirrors etc is must have now a days...

Here is what Raj from Automotive India got to know from a M&M official..

Engine:

90 bhp 2.49 CC Crde in 2WD & 4WD options

Gearbox:

Same as mHawk(MJT 530R)

Suspension:

Independent in the front

Multilink in the rear

But has incorporated new designs in shocks and new mounting mechanism for superior comfort

Braking system:

Front Discs & Rear Drums.10" booster in the Master. Top model to have ABS as an offering.

Tyres on 15" rims

Other features:

Roof a/c on the likes of Innova(independent for all three rows)

MBF-Mahindra Body function Module-used to control all electricals

DIS-Driver

Information System on Speedo. Inside/Outside Temperature, Relative

humidity, Fuel Balance in Km, Vehicle mileage and average speed etc

parameters are covered.

I am waiting to look at XYLO and then decide if I want to buy a chevrolet Tavera Neo or XYLO.  The local M&M dealer (sales man there) was not even aware of xylo being launched this month.  I had to educate him in a hurry.  I was used to driving with an Automatic transmission in the US.  I am back in my village for the past 4 years (I was in US for about 30 years before I moved back in 2004).  How much fuel economy I have to give up to drive an Automatic XYLO?.

Any Information would be appreciated.

Thanks to all the guys on this board

TSR   

Here is what Raj from Automotive India got to know from a M&M official..

Engine:

90 bhp 2.49 CC Crde in 2WD & 4WD options

Gearbox:
Same as mHawk(MJT 530R)

Suspension:
Independent in the front
Multilink in the rear
But has incorporated new designs in shocks and new mounting mechanism for superior comfort

Braking system:
Front Discs & Rear Drums.10" booster in the Master. Top model to have ABS as an offering.
Tyres on 15" rims

Other features:

Roof a/c on the likes of Innova(independent for all three rows)
MBF-Mahindra Body function Module-used to control all electricals

DIS-Driver Information System on Speedo. Inside/Outside Temperature' date=' Relative humidity, Fuel Balance in Km, Vehicle mileage and average speed etc parameters are covered.

[/quote'] Yup!right!..heres more info on Xylo.....

just saw an xylo going towards churchgate , it was silver colour it isn't that cury from the back , was like an box .

the front looked good though .

and it was emitting too much smoke plus the engine sounded like an mini truck , maybe they where rough on it

Well the teaser is good, but lets see, the company is having high expectations from this car, lets see how it proves itself..

To beat toyota and others Mahindra needs to improve quality to greater extent..

Am waiting for this product..

M&M XYLO FEATURES LEAKED!!!

Hey guys!Here are the features of XYLO!

Xylo E2 features

Xylo Safety: illuminated spoiler and engine immobiliser

Xylo Convenience: Height adjustable driver seat, power steering, Tilt steering,mobile charger points, electric remote fuel lid open, floor console, sunvisor driver with ticket holder and roof conseltor separate holder

Xylo Tech: tachometer

Xylo Style: wheel cover cap and illuminated ring

Xylo Comfort: surround cool A/C, roof mounted rear A/C and Power windows

Xylo E4 features

Xylo Safety: illuminated spoiler,engine immobiliser and central locking

Xylo Convenience: Height adjustable driver seat, power steering, Tilt steering,mobile charger points, electric remote fuel lid open, floor console, sunvisor driver with ticket holder and roof conseltor separate holder,rear wiper and keyless entry

Xylo tech: tachometer

Xylo Style: wheel cover cap, illuminated ring and tailgate applique body colour

Xylo Comfort: surround cool A/C, roof mounted rear A/C and Power windows

Xylo E6 features

Xylo Safety: illuminated spoiler,engine immobiliser, tubeless tyre, fog lamps and central locking

Xylo convenience: Height adjustable driver seat, power steering, Tilt steering,mobile charger points, electric remote fuel lid open, floor console, sunvisor driver with ticket holder and roof conseltor separate holder,rear wiper,sunvisor pass with illuminated vanity mirror,courtesy lamp (1+1+2),puddle lamp on front and rear door and keyless entry

Xylo tech: tachometer, Digital Drive Assist System (DDAS), Intelligent Park reverse assist system,Class Antenna

Xylo Style: wheel cover cap, illuminated ring, tailgate applique body colour, roof tail,grille contrast colour,side claddding body unpainted with ss insent and bumper contrast colour

Xylo Comfort: adjustable armrest for drive and co-driver, foldable arm rest in middle seat with utility space, foldable arm rest in last seat with utility space, 3-position lumber support for front seats,surround cool A/C, roof mounted rear A/C, Power windows and 2 DIN music system with USB and SD card compatiblity

Xylo E8 features

Xylo safety : illuminated spoiler,engine immobiliser Rear defogger, central locking and fog lamps

Xylo convenience: Height adjustable driver seat, power steering, Tilt steering,mobile charger points, electric remote fuel lid open, floor console, sunvisor driver with ticket holder and roof conseltor separate holder,rear wiper,sunvisor pass with illuminated vanity mirror,courtesy lamp (1+1+2),foldable flight tray,puddle lamp on front and rear door and keyless entry.

Xylo tech: tachometer, Digital Drive Assist System (DDAS), Intelligent Park reverse assist system,Class Antenna

Xylo Style: wheel cover alloy, illuminated ring, tailgate applique body colour,grille contrast colour,side claddding body coloured with ss insent and bumper body colour

Xylo Comfort: adjustable armrest for drive and co-driver, foldable arm rest in middle seat with utility space, foldable arm rest in last seat with utility space, 3-position lumber support for front seats,surround cool A/C, roof mounted rear A/C, Power windows, Express power window with anti pinch feature and 2 DIN music system with USB and SD card compatiblity
(Source : http://www.vicky.in/straightfrmtheheart/mahindra-xylo-features/ )

Mahindra Xylo Specifications

Engine type: Diesel
Displacement: 2200cc, Turbo Diesel
Maximum torque: 28.3 kgm @ 1700 rpm
Maximum power: 110 hp @ 3800 rpm
Seating capacity: 8
Lock: 5.60 meters.
Size of tires: 235/70 R16
Steering: Power
Brakes: For disc, rear drum
Trip Meter: 2
Gears: 5 Manual

http://www.24timepass.com/technologies-stuff/mahindra-xylo-specifications-photos-review.htm

Thanks Sarabjeet for the info. but is it authentic or speculative?

235/70/16 doesn't seem to fit the MUV profile!

Also, 2.2L would be from Scorpio, but I think Bolero's Crdi engine did the rounds in earlier news.