vibhor

My Maruti 800 DX (03) 13k Kms review!!+pics!!

well maintained car and nice, precise review...well 800 looks good when its kept simple means no wheel covers but then its personal choice..well even we had owned 2 800's and were happy with that car and have many long trips with fully loaded ..i learnt my drving on that and its a fun to drive car and its good that you have Mpfi and 5gears one but still overall though a good car but as Aci says that its for those who cant afford anything else but as you have other good cars, 800 as extra car is good...

Well you bought your car in 2002 so it was your personal car at that time or your family bought for their use??
bluesapphire2008-10-20 13:04:43

well maintained car and nice' date=' precise review...well 800 looks good when its kept simple means no wheel covers but then its personal choice..well even we had owned 2 800's and were happy with that car and have many long trips with fully loaded ..i learnt my drving on that and its a fun to drive car and its good that you have Mpfi and 5gears one but still overall though a good car but as Aci says that its for those who cant afford anything else but as you have other good cars, 800 as extra car is good...

Well you bought your car in 2002 so it was your personal car at that time or your family bought for their use??
[/quote'] Thanks blusapphire!!yeah!...maybe those accssories are not looking good to you but as you said its my personal choice n i've maintained my car acc. to my taste!....yes ACi says that its for people who can't afford anything else....i think they have forgot 800 IS THE FIRST CAR WHICH PUT INDIA ON WHEELS!!!...n its cheap thats why only they will say that its for people who cant afford anything else!!!!!thats not fair!not at all!!...n i can surely say that they will not say these kinds of words to nano!!!...

anyways!...ya...i bought car for myself at that time!smiley17.gif  vibhor2008-10-20 13:14:39

@ vibhor & BS well we must remember maruti 800 was the first car frm maruti which made revolution in indian car industry and was the most successful and of the long running car in our country and is still selling. so cheers to 800!!

ya but the people who can afford better options then why to go for this..Ya it put us on wheels but thats not everything yaar..Its just like compromise, everybody who buys this moves ahead when he thinks that he has enough money to buy good car..though its good car but still its really for those who cant afford anything else...Alto is better option..I am not saying anything to you but thats my personal thinking..

vijay :exactly thats what am saying!!its the first car which put india on wheels!! :-) smiley17.gif

@BS :yes!...now there is better option alto!...people are going for it now!...n it has also affected the sales of 800!!

..but in spain alto is the cheapest car like 800 is here now!smiley17.gif
vibhor2008-10-20 13:20:15

Not a prob CC. 800's ORVM costs some 250 rupees for one side I guess..Correct me if I'm wrong..

@Vibhor,

Sorry dear, I got struck up with some project works, Otherwise I would've read tour review much earlier.. Anyways, Nice review buddy...I'm also planing to write a review on my XETA and P180 soon.

@Crazy cat : yeah!...actually it was my wish from the very starting when i bought my car to have a left ORVM on it!! smiley1.gif

@krace: hello buddy nice to see you again after a short break!...yes!800's ORVM is not a big deal!..actually i was thinking to fix the internally adjustable ORVM of alto!...but drop the plan because i dont know how will the car look after it!!....n yeah!Thanks!..i will be waitting for the review of your Xeta!smiley17.gif

vibhor2008-10-20 16:14:29

hey vibhor a very good and comprehensive report...even my first car was the maruti 800 and we sold it when it had done 1,50,000 kms and still got 40,000 bucks for it..the car due to its light weight easily masks its power deficit !!!!

145kmph??? Really great. This shows the capability of 800. Nano can't do this. Nano is no match for 800. Though Nano can be a good city car.

Sorry for diverting from the topic.

Crazy cat2008-10-26 08:04:55

Ive done 145Kmph in my Maruti 800 with AC on! Fantastic thing is that even at high speeds' date=' the car remains stable!

[/quote']

i wonder how you can do 145 kmph on maruti 800 when its speedo is only till 140 kmph and you havent even taken into account the errors in the speedo as well....really amazing !!!!