vibhor

My Maruti 800 DX (03) 13k Kms review!!+pics!!

ive also learned driving on 800...i sold my 800 after it it did 1.4 lac kms...the car lacks power but its light weight masks the power deficit quiet nicely and its acceleration off the red light is still quiet good !!!!

Maruti 800's speedo has readings upto 150Kmph & this is for sure!

I was able to do high speed on a very open stretch of road, when my car was relatively new but it did take long time & persistence on the throttle.

i am sure the 150 kmph is not printed on 800's speedo cause even i have owned it... and maruti's speedo have no. which are multiple of 20 like 20,40,60,80,100,120,140,160 and you will never find a multiple of 10 in maruti's car or for the fact on many cars !!!

You are right, 150 is not printed & readings are a multiple of 20, but 150 is what the points indicate after 140.

140 is the last reading, but the pointers still continue till 150.

You are right, 150 is not printed & readings are a multiple of 20, but 150 is what the points indicate after 140.

140 is the last reading, but the pointers still continue till 150.

Exactly!!!!!!!!..thats what i was trying to say!!!anyways!!smiley1.gif

check this one!.....hope this will solve ll the confusions!...... 

..the max. printed No. is till 140kph...but see carefully ..there are another two more bars one is small and another is bit long which means 145 and 150kph respectively! smiley17.gif

instclustergb8wo2.jpg
vibhor2008-10-28 08:13:15

i drove an 800 at 120 kmph with AC. it felt good. i had pressed the throttle completely but it dont move above that speed. but the 1 i drove had a 4 speed gearbox and not a 5 speed unit. but the only condition is that the road surface should be very smooth at such speeds. else the light weight and small tyres can be dangerous. thats what i felt. it tends to follow every crater and dip of the road. so speeding the 800 is recommended only in expressways and concrete surfaces.

Great review Vibhor. I dont generally get time to go through the readers test team forum but got some time today and read the excellent review of your 800.

My dad bought a maruti 800 euro-1 standard some 8 years back. This was our first car. I was in class 9th at that time and I used to ask my dad daily to go for a drive in it and I really enjoyed it. That feeling can not be expressed. I have never enjoyed a drive so much after that, even in my SX4. We sold the car after 3 years when we bought Wagon R but I stll miss the small liitle fun to drive car - the sweet Maruti 800.

Great review Vibhor. I dont generally get time to go through the readers test team forum but got some time today and read the excellent review of your 800.

My dad bought a maruti 800 euro-1 standard some 8 years back. This was our first car. I was in class 9th at that time and I used to ask my dad daily to go for a drive in it and I really enjoyed it. That feeling can not be expressed. I have never enjoyed a drive so much after that, even in my SX4. We sold the car after 3 years when we bought Wagon R but I stll miss the small liitle fun to drive car - the sweet Maruti 800.

THANKS alot SX4!!..yeah!the li'l 800 is fun to drive!!....n actually most of the people's first car was 800!!smiley17.gif

yes VIBS most of the people's first car was 800 and mine too!!smiley1.gif. i was thinking of buying a small car and it was 800 again in my mind but then so many new launches on line so am waiting for them but still i love this small wonder.

yeah!great!!..actually before i bought  M800 i was thinking to go for alto!.(as you can read i have mentioned the story in very first para of my review)....but still finally i bought 800DX only!..

Yes vibhor, the Swift's windows are too small. The small windows is uncomfortable for many purposes, especially when asking for directions. One need to climb on the windows to ask something. But in 800, it is not so and it also offers good all round visiblity.

i always felt that 800 is a perfect car for city as well s highways as i have driven my old one withuot any problems on both the roads city as well as highways which i feel a doubt with tata's nano. Yes CC swift's does have a very small rear window which sometimes  is a problem to view. 

Today I read in a Tamil newspaper that Maruti has intention to stop 800smiley32.gif. In 2010 when tougher pollution norms enter, they'll swap it with a new engine and a facelift. In the facelift, many changes will be taking place. Probability of price hike is more.

Cheers 800 lovers.