Zinam

Fork Ikon 1.3 Flair or Indica Vista Safir

Hi Guys,

Please suggest me whether to go for Ikon Flair or Vista Safire.

I am looking an petrol car which gives an decent mileage and price tag around 4.5 lakhs

Please suggest me if you have anyother choice.

if given a choice, in that price range, i would go for the i10, getz or swift, since you are not too keen on a boot. the vista maybe a very good car but i'll prefer to wait and watch. TATA products are known to have some initial hiccups. also, comparitively hyundais are more reliable.

but if you want a saloon, i dont think you will get a ikon for 4.5 lakhs. maybe the indigo CS is available but not recommended atleast by me.

I think you can wait for the new Ikon as the new car will share parts with the fiesta and the price will come down and maintenance should not be a problem with the 1.4 that it is expected with. But Vista is brilliant all the same. Ive heard that some fell the 1.2 SAFIRE is a bit underpowered...Wait for the new ikon

Just came to mind, instead of Vista Safire, Xeta can be tried, it will come a lot cheaper & offer similar performance. Also, Tata would not be discontinuing it, so no fear about maintenance & spares.

Yup if you going for Vista go only for Diesel. 

Petrol you have options of Swift VXI, i10 Kappa Magna. I would suggest Swift

For entry level sedans : If its Ikon vs Dzire. I would go for Ikon

@Vibhor- Where has he mentioned that he needs a hatch?? Then why Ikon in the list anyways????

+1

As I earlier also said, instead of Vista Safire, try the Indica XETA. It will save a lot of money!

But if 4.5L is what you want to stick to, I would suggest Swift as Karan did.

if given a choice' date=' in that price range, i would go for the i10, getz or swift, since you are not too keen on a boot. the vista maybe a very good car but i'll prefer to wait and watch. TATA products are known to have some initial hiccups. also, comparitively hyundais are more reliable.

but if you want a saloon, i dont think you will get a ikon for 4.5 lakhs. maybe the indigo CS is available but not recommended atleast by me.
[/quote']

The Ikon is best avoided at this stage when its sunset is near. Moreover I've always preferred  Ford as a taxi, be it an Ikon or a Fiesta, but never bought one.

I too will not very soon prefer a Tata car (Vista) that has been newly introduced. They are well known to hide many gremlins that take time to be sorted out.

The best choice for me in the petrol 4.5L range will be a variant of the Swift (petrol).

@nimeshmittle are you got out of your mind see the damn topic date will you are he won't sell his i10 to you thats for true .

Mods sorry in advance for saying this but he has done this in other threads too.