supdoc

need help buying new car plz

Hello ,

I am a doctor residing in mumbai suburbs . need to buy a car plz .

my daily running is of 4-6 drives of 1.5 km each from my home to my clinic , in complete bumper to bumper city traffic . occasional 20/30 kms weekend drive in mumbai city only .

so guessed as much diesel are out . wouldnt mind a sedan or a hatch but price  approx 6 lacs , can strech a bit if really worth it . wont be selling the car soon .will be self driven all the time so ease of driving please . need spacious ( parents come along for weekend drive) , reliable car.

powerful ac is a must because car will be parked in the hot sun while i at clinic , so needs to cool fast as will b driving as i tld before 1.5 km each drive plz .

thought indica vista , but really scared about tata reliability ( all friends advisin agnst it)

i10 sounds good but dont really like the looks and not spacious enuf ( although the auto i10 sounds ideal for me ) and santro outdated by the i10 now

drove the swift but didnt find it comfortable enuf . footwell too cramped , my legs were itching aftr 10 mins drive and steerin too heavy i thought .(should i drive another and check again , drove a friends swift 2 yrs old i thnk )

thought new A Star but it has 3 cylinder engine so i dnt thnk AC will b powerful enuf .

u-va new one coming soon it seems , and dont really like its looks

ditto zen / wagon R , didnt like them

betw i10 , indica and swift , heart says indica and mind says swift 

did i miss out on any car ?

or plz help me choose any of above . or anythng else u thnk wld b ideal for me

kindly help , need to buy a car soon

thnx in avance

PS : Any tips on maintaining the car ? if drivin it for such short journeys ?

Hello & welcome to the forum.

For your kid of usage & if you can wait for a while, I would suggest a forthcoming car from Hyundai - the i20. It will be spacious than i10 & would be well within your budget.

Otherwise, I think A-Stars AC should work fine, but it won't be as spacious.

i think the ideal car for you is the getz. as i said in another thread too, here it meets your requirements well. i am a huge swift fan, but its not exactly a family car. hyundai reputation for excellent service and good resale values are standard.

Hello supdoc and welcome to the forum!! smiley1.gif

..Well your mileage says that you need a petrol car!..

...so now, for the requirements you have mentiond above i would suggest you the i10 auto only!..its great city performer n as u said you drive mostly in heavy traffic n need a powerful AC...so i10 is much better otherwise if dont mind without A/T ....i would suggest the swift as it comes with Airbags ,ABS ,n most importantly cliate control which is one of ur requirement!...or if u can wait li'l more there is i20 coming which is worth wait option as speed said!smiley17.gif
vibhor2008-10-19 16:34:10

hey good question...by all means wait for the i20..its seems like the perfect answer for all your queries...

given that u need space without any compromises, u can rule out the swift,i10,a-star and every other car in that price bracket

the vista is spacious all rite but its a tata...reliability will be an issue and they still havent improved the fit and finish to match the others.

that leaves the u-va, getz and fabia..but i would strongly recommend that u wait for the i20..it fits nicely in ur budget and is expected to better all three in most departments...the cabin space is expected to be the same as the new city..no jokes..

Adding to the discussion above, Getz scores over Vista as far as front vision is concerned. I have tested Vista in heavy traffic and it is visibility was not good compared to the Getz, I am driving now. Getz is ultra comfortable car with good cabin dynamics and proven engine. However It's AC is not chiller like I-10 or Vista. It is the only concern in Getz. As said by Vibhor, go for I-10 auto if you can not wait for I-20 till Dec.