dhiraj

Plz help! first car this diwali within 4L

Hi guys,

Plz help me to choose my first car this Diwali. Looking for...

1. Looks.

2. Mileage / Low maintainence.

3. Spacious for at least 5 people comfortably.

4. Value for money (3.5L to 4.0L)

I have been thinking of WagonR Lxi, Santro GS, Zen Estilo Lxi, Spark LS.

Hyundai i10 is also in the wish list but it is a bit(almost 50000) expensive then others..

Also tell is LPG models (WagonR Duo or Santro Eco) are successful..

Plz advise... Thanx in advance...

hi dhiraj, welcome to this forum. well about the choices u gave, if u can stretch ur budget a bit then i10 is a better choice as wagon R and santro r on the list to phase out sooner or later. and i10 being best running vehicle in its class makes sense to go for. 2. Spark too is doin good and also GM is offering good package on its maintanence. so my suggetion i10.

all the cars u have mentioned will be uncomfortable for 5 people..

if i had to choose one within 4 lacs, i would go for the santro.

if u can stretch for the i10..nothing like it.

if u really require a car with good interior space, u mite want to look at the palio.its old and jaded but itll fulfil your space req.

wagon-r has tasted success with the lpg version.the lpg dou package is good but the core mechanicals of the car are not rated highly..3 average sized adults at the back will be near impossible..gearbox isnt gr8.

santro doesnt have lpg but its got a cng version calledthe santro eco..its just been launched...check it out..seems like the best option from the present lot.

Hi guys' date='

Plz help me to choose my first car this Diwali. Looking for...

1. Looks.

2. Mileage / Low maintainence.

3. Spacious for at least 5 people comfortably.

4. Value for money (3.5L to 4.0L)

I have been thinking of WagonR Lxi, Santro GS, Zen Estilo Lxi, Spark LS.

Hyundai i10 is also in the wish list but it is a bit(almost 50000) expensive then others..

Also tell is LPG models (WagonR Duo or Santro Eco) are successful..

Plz advise... Thanx in advance...
[/quote'] Hi Dhiraj and welcome to this lovely forum!!... smiley17.gif

..Well, there is a one car which will suit all your reqirements!..that is Hyundai i10!...it has excellent looks,its spacious...n can seat 5 people easily!

...n also its very VFM buy!..n at this time its the segment leader too!

...so what if its 5k expensive??....if u can pay for it then its best car to go for!

keep aside the estilo,wagonR(p) ,n santro is outdated now!

...but as you have also asked which one is better in lpg!..its the WagonR ..n is most succesful LPG car(in hatch)!...smiley1.gif

...otherwise if you can wait bit more then as others said that A-Star and Splash are als goin to launch!...n they are worthwait!smiley17.gif
vibhor2008-10-20 05:51:23

Hi, For your budget and needs Santro scores over Wagon-r and Spark due to more comfortable rear seat. I-10 even more comfortable than Santro. Stretching of budget is must if 5 ppl is to be accommodated with reasonable comfort. If you can, consider Getz prime 1.1 and Vista-saffire. Though both are under powered car, they score higher for the size and comfort. Verdict: I-10 or Getz prime 1.1. You can opt for 2007 or 2008 model of Getz prime in second hand market. It is available on various web-sites. Try to find a car which is driven for less than 10k. It is realy very good car.. Recently I have purchased one from second hand market and I am very much happy with my decision. Getz prime Gle: Dec-07, 11 k driven, full accessories except power window cost me around 3.70. So work hard to find such car.

As I have not recommended Santro/ Wagon-r, I will not comment on Duo/Eco versions. But if your monthly runnign is 800-1000 kms, you can opt for good after market CNG/LPG kits for any of the car you select.

All the best

@nikvint = but buddy santro is getting outdated n i10 has taken its place now!....n i think getz will be out of his budget..

..n there is no use of buying used car!smiley17.gif
vibhor2008-10-20 05:58:40

Spark will be a good choice. It has got good space for rear seat passengers as well compared to alto, wagonR. Santro is good, but gonna be phased out. If you can stretch your budget to i10, then its better to buy the Swift.

Hi Dhiraj, out of the choice you have mentioned, I would suggest Wagon-R, its very spacious, has good mileage & is easy on maintenance.

Alternately you can look towards the old Indica Diesel, its most spacious & fuel efficient & great VFM.

Dear All,

Thnx for ur valuable suggestions.Based on your views I hv deleted Estilo from my choices. I am also not considering Spark as there are less service centers.

Now I hv to choose between WagonR, Santro GS, i10 Era..

Plz specify whether the extra 50K on i10 (compared to santro) is worth expending as I have to really stretch my budget and would have to compromise on other things. But keeping in view that my first car will be with me for at least 5 yrs, I am a bit confused...

If not i10, then which is better WagonR or Santro GL..

I must thanks you all as I am really getting valuable and prompt reply with expertise..

well yes i10 will be worth as you are buying your 1st car will be with you for 5 years so its better that you go with latest car i.e i10...its interiors are best in class, its spacious, comfortable, its handles well and rides well too, its good car to drive so go for it otherwise if not i10 then get a Santro and you will be satisfied, dont consider wagonR...Santro Eco is Lpg so its also worth considering the soaring fuel prices..

if you are planning to keep the car for 5 years, do invest in a newer product, the i10 over the santro. ultimately the extra amount spent will be compensated by the resale value after 5 years.

its a well engineered product, hyundai service and resale value is good, superb interiors and quality and good reliabilty.

The I10 era is a good option and it should fit in your budget. Even if it requires streching the budget a bit then also you will be happy to spend the extra cash as you get a latest product that is class leading on almost every aspect. Moreover, only I10 is spacious enough to fit 3 people in its rear seat without much discomfort.

Go with Wagon R only if you want an LPG. But do remembet that you need to do high mileage to overcome the extra money spent on buying an LPG car.

I think this Diwali is giving you a wonderful option to select from a range of cars available in Indiaon>. There are many cars available at discounted prices and many are on their way and are expected to reach Indian shores during the festive season. The best cars I can think about you are Hyundai Santro Xing, Hyundai i10, Maruti Suzuki WagonR, and Tata Indica Vista.

All these cars meet your requirement and aspiration.

If you want you can even wait for the launch of Maruti Suzuki A-Star. Even that seems to be a good car.

Dear Friends,

I have finally decided to go for Hyundai  i10 Era model.

I have check with dealer and we agreed at 4.10 lac for Metallic color.

The deal includes RTO, Insurance, MP3 2 Din(Kenwood), R.C.Locking, Body cover, Seat Cover Jacuart, Matty & Mudflap.

As this is my first car, please tell me what are the things to look for in a car.

Also tell which colour to go with. I personally like Blushing Red.

Thanks.

wow!!great choice dhiraj!!..congrats for your new buy!!..i10 is great car!!...color is actually personal choice!..and red not bad at all!!..but personally i like black or silver!...btw is i10 available in black!??!:-)