Silent Thunder

Auto Quiz

Another question- which is the most exquisite car made till date that

has fetched the maximum price at a Sotheby's auction nearly a decade

back. ??? In all seven were built and six still survive. The sale was for $948,000 about a decade back. No new auctions are reported later for this car.

Very sorry dudes I forgot to answer this quiz.

That car is neither a Ferrari or a Bentley. It is the Bugatti Royale which can now fetch more than a million dollars at auctions. It was built in the late 1930's before the WWII commenced. The car was Italian and Ettore Bugatti, the company's founder and  designer was a Frenchman. The Bugatti Veyron is the latest from the carmaker, which is under a different ownership, as Ettore Bugatti died young. In fact, Enzo Ferrari before founding the Ferrari Motors was an avid Bugatti sports car fan.

Another question- which is the most exquisite car made till date that has fetched the maximum price at a Sotheby's auction nearly a decade back. ??? In all seven were built and six still survive. The sale was for $948' date='000 about a decade back. No new auctions are reported later for this car.
Very sorry dudes I forgot to answer this quiz.
That car is neither a Ferrari or a Bentley. It is the Bugatti Royale which can now fetch more than a million dollars at auctions. It was built in the late 1930's before the WWII commenced. The car was Italian and Ettore Bugatti, the company's founder and  designer was a Frenchman. The Bugatti Veyron is the latest from the carmaker, which is under a different ownership, as Ettore Bugatti died young. In fact, Enzo Ferrari before founding the Ferrari Motors was an avid Bugatti sports car fan.
[/quote']

Hey dude what is this?? you have asked the question and you have answered it yourself or is just a Clue??

Cheerssmiley20.gif

no thats the answer I was late and thought that the question also has been forgotten. So any clues would have messed up the thread as newer questions have come up . I gave in to the adage "When you're wrong just give up".

Now another question dudes' date=' " who was the first automobile engineer who brought in the front mounted transverse engine concept and in which year??

[/quote']

simple one.............

the first car to use this layout was Morris Mini

One clue - He was British and was honoured with the title "Sir"

Designer was Sr Alec Issignonis

Question: what is the similarity between Suzuki and Toyota?

apart from fact that they are both Japanese car manufacturers obviuosly!

come on guys.....the answer is very simple !

I see you got it right Sir Alec Issigonis and the car was the Austin Mini. Austin Motors was actually bought over by Morris after the death of Sir Herbert Austin in the mid-50's.The marque remained under the BMC as the Austin-Rover Group and made cars till the mid-1980's. The Austin Metro of 1976  a B segment hatch was best seller.