Silent Thunder

Auto Quiz

the origin of the companies

that was the clue.................

well..............let me reframe it.....why did they start making cars?

hmmm i am utterly waste i dont have that great knowledge , sorry for posting my *****ic replies , sorry,

Priya

Question: what is the similarity between Suzuki and Toyota?

apart from fact that they are both Japanese car manufacturers obviuosly!

well.in early part of 19th century, both these companies were making powered looms for textile industry!!!

(toyota still does manufacture equipment or textile industry)

they both started to make cars to expand their business!!!

automobiles were not their core business for many decades!

I_see  But since both these chaps or is it company's were making looms we expect them to give very good quality fabrics on their upholstery. For Toyota (TKM, Bangalore)the upholstery is of very good quality but for Maruti (Maruti Suzuki Motors Ltd) it needs improvement.

Q: whis is the automobile manufacturer which has went bankrupt as many as 6 times (probably the most for any car company) and still survives to make very famous cars?

come on people.this is a easy one

clue:it has had at least 8 different owners and the company  changed hands again  this year

Another question- which is the most exquisite car made till date that has fetched the maximum price at a Sotheby's auction nearly a decade back. ??? In all seven were built and six still survive. 

More facts about the Bugatti Royale Type 41. Out of those built three were never sold and remained with the Bugatti family. That car was designed and meant for royalty but there were no buyers were from that category. The car had a straight 12.7 litre OHC/ 300 bhp engine. This engine was also used in French railcars.

Some corrections: --Only six were built and this car debuted in 1926

--In 1986 in an auction a Type 41 with a Kellner body

was sold for $8 million (US)

-- A decade back at a Sotheby's auction, a Type 41

Bugatti Royale was sold for US $ 9.8 million

FIAT??

no................

i agree Fiat has had quiet afew remarkable ups and downs............but it has not gone bankrupt so many times nor has it changed ownership so many times. the agnelli family has been owning it sine last many decades

try people...............

at least you are geographically correct continent wise!!!!!