AmiPoal

Yet another WTB question.

Hi, I'm a newbie. :)

I have searched the entire forum, but I couldn't find a similar thread before. So, please help me out.

We are buying our first car,

and have a tiny budget of around 4 lakhs.

It will be driven mainly by my father who is just learning to drive.

Our regular usage may not cross even 500 kms in a month, so fuel efficiency is not our concern.

The most important factors are:

1. Easy of driving (newbie driver!)

2. Comfort (space and airiness).

3. Reliability (spares, service, quality, etc).

We like the WagonR, Indigo CS, and the U-VA.

Among these, only WagonR seems to be fit well into our budget, but it's looks are not much to talk of and it's tyres look so tiny, and I'm very concerned about this.

I and my father liked the Indigo very much, it was much more spacious and comfortable. But we were warned my many friends that TATA's service is terrible. And also I want to know if it's really easy to drive, for a learner?

My mother loves the U-VA, although it exceeds the budget, it's quiet possible to afford it. But, my father found it a big task to get into it (he's quiet obese).

Other small cars too are not sufficiently spacious, so these seem to be the only options for us.

We are also considering the Santro, but I feel it's a too common car.

So, please advice what car would be the best among these:

WagonR Lxi

Indigo CS GLS

Aveo U-VA 1.2 LS

Santro Xingo GLS

Thanks. :)

BTW, this is an excellent forum, I enjoyed reading the other threads. smiley32.gif

Welcome to this lovely forum Amipoal! smiley1.gif

Kindly check out there are similar threads existing on same quiery!

they may help you!

...looking to your daily useage you need a petrol car!

...and i10 will suit to your all needs!...its the best go for it!smiley17.gif
vibhor2008-10-20 07:13:20

Amipoal welcome to this forum, by ur detailed query u may find out few similar threads that might help u. and as by our member vibhor suggested i10 is a good car and will suit ur needs. its topping charts in its segment and a new car frm hyundai. cheers!smiley1.gif

Hi Amipoal, nice detailed query.

For kind of usage, I would suggest the Wagon-R, its spacious, airy, easy to drive & extremely reliable.

As for Indigo CS, its a nice car, but won't be as easy to drive for a newbie compared to say Wagon-r.

If your Father felt uncomfortable getting in & out of UVA, drop it out of the list. Instead try Wagon-r, its spacious & getting in & out is easy.

Do post again if you have any more queries!

Thank you everybody,

I'll now seriously consider i10 and A-Star too.

And, I've really searched the forum before posting, but I didn't find anyone comparing WagonR and Indigo CS. That's why I had to start a new thread. Sorry.

Thanks again...

:)

for learners, santro is the best. i10 has low seating than the santro and its dashboard though not too high, is higher than the santro. comparitively, the santro is more easier to drive but the i10 is a better product.

avoid the CS. its not for learners.

test drive the santro and i10 and choose your pick.

If the car will be for a learner, rule out the cs and the vista...

you should look at the i10 or the spark..

the i10 wud probably require you to stretch ur budget, but itll be well worth it..its compact,solidly built, its got good power and a slick gearbox..the position of the gearshift may take a while getting used to but its a minor issue..

if its too expensive, look at the spark..even more compact and easy to use and its got some great schemes and offers rite now..

i would not recommend the wagonr.mechanically,it isnt great...gearbox is rubbery and vague.makes sense only if u need lpg..

personally i think that WagonR is good if you want a LPG!..because santro is now outdated...n maybe it can also be discontinued in future!.because i10 has taken its place.....but Wagon R is very fresh and is good as LPG may be you will not find its boxy styling intresting but still its worth it!!smiley17.gif

My mother loves the U-VA' date=' although it exceeds the budget, it's quiet possible to afford it. But, my father found it a big task to get into it (he's quiet obese).

[/quote']

Keeping this in mind, only Wagon-r fits the bill perfectly, try it out!

Ive tried Wagon-r myself & also other cars in category & can surely say that Wagon-r is the most spacious & access to seats is the easiest.

@ Speed, Agreed.

but Wagon-R is out dated now. How about the Vista? TATAs are known for their interior space. and, IMO, Vista will be better than the other TATA products.

According to me, even the XETA looks fresh when compared to Wagon-R

TATAs are known for their interior space. and, IMO, Vista will be better than the other TATA products.

According to me, even the XETA looks fresh when compared to Wagon-R

Yes buddy krace!..Tatas are known for their space etc etc but not for long term relaibitlity!..its one of the important factor!..and maruti scores full in it!!smiley17.gif

@Krace,  Vista too is a good car & spacious also. I would have gone a step further & advised XETA for the purpose, but Tata is not on his wishlist, I just suggested one from his shortlist!

@Speed,  If TATA is not in his wish list, I'm also suggest Maruti only

@Vibhor, I totally agree. TATA's petrol engines are not reliable for long term. But now they have improved dear. My XETA is doing quite well and crossed 10000 kms mark yesterday smiley1.gif.

personally i think that WagonR is good if you want a LPG!..because santro is now outdated...n maybe it can also be discontinued in future!.because i10 has taken its place.....but Wagon R is very fresh and is good as LPG may be you will not find its boxy styling intresting but still its worth it!!smiley17.gif

the wagon r is from the same generation as the santro..neither is more dated or fresh than the other..with the kind of numbers the santro is raking in every month, i doubt it could be discontinued..besides, fresh or outdated, the santro is still a better engineered car..

the wagon r is from the same generation as the santro..neither is more dated or fresh than the other..with the kind of numbers the santro is raking in every month, i doubt it could be discontinued..besides, fresh or outdated, the santro is still a better engineered car..

yes thisisviraj i know both of the cars are from same gen. but i suggested wagonR because its still new and MS has not introduced any replacement or a new cars for its place...but Hyundai has already introduced i10 which is actually the new santro!!...so the xing has become quite outdated now!!..and as you said that its not selling in good nos now.yes!its not and this is only the reason for it!smiley17.gifvibhor2008-10-22 10:24:15

As bluesapphire and vibhor suggested, I am considering the Chevy Spark too.

(It's also one of the cheapest I can get, starting at just 3L here, in Bangalore.)

So, based on all the member's posts, I have decided to either go for the WagonR or Spark or i10, whichever feels more comfortable.

(Also, many dealers have begun calling us every now and then, and offering many freebies!)

And, I heard that the Spark is too silent? Is it true?

Thanks smiley1.gif

As bluesapphire and vibhor suggested, I am considering the Chevy Spark too.

(It's also one of the cheapest I can get, starting at just 3L here, in Bangalore.)

So, based on all the member's posts, I have decided to either go for the WagonR or Spark or i10, whichever feels more comfortable.

(Also, many dealers have begun calling us every now and then, and offering many freebies!)

And, I heard that the Spark is too silent? Is it true?

Thanks smiley1.gif

Thats nice Amipoal!!!...i will suggest you to test drive all these cars and then choose which ever you like and you feel comfortable!....but in my personal choice i would suggest you the Hyundai i10!smiley17.gif

the wagon r is from the same generation as the santro..neither is more dated or fresh than the other..with the kind of numbers the santro is raking in every month' date=' i doubt it could be discontinued..besides, fresh or outdated, the santro is still a better engineered car..

[/quote'] yes thisisviraj i know both of the cars are from same gen. but i suggested wagonR because its still new and MS has not introduced any replacement or a new cars for its place...but Hyundai has already introduced i10 which is actually the new santro!!...so the xing has become quite outdated now!!..and as you said that its not selling in good nos now.yes!its not and this is only the reason for it!smiley17.gif

hey vibhor...u noe wat they say..u r only as old as u feel..same goes for cars..jus coz the santro has a successor and the wagon-r doesnt, it doesnt mean dat the santro is dated and the wagon-r isnt...the wagon-r got discontinued worldwide long before the santro....so this feeling of freshness abt the wagon-r is very superficial..

if ur definition of outdatedness is true, then maruti has been dishing out outdated stuff ever since the launch of the zen in the 90's(zen being the successor of the M800)

and u got me totally wrong...the santro's still selling fairly strongly and theres no way in the near future that it could be discontinued.

the reason why the wagon r manages good figures is the lpg version...

mechanically(and i believe this is what decides the true age of the car), the santro is still way ahead of the wagon r.

yes thisisviraj i know both of the cars are from same gen. but i suggested wagonR because its still new and MS has not introduced any replacement or a new cars for its place...but Hyundai has already introduced i10 which is actually the new santro!!...so the xing has become quite outdated now!!..and as you said that its not selling in good nos now.yes!its not and this is only the reason for it!smiley17.gif

hey vibhor...u noe wat they say..u r only as old as u feel..same goes for cars..jus coz the santro has a successor and the wagon-r doesnt, it doesnt mean dat the santro is dated and the wagon-r isnt...the wagon-r got discontinued worldwide long before the santro....so this feeling of freshness abt the wagon-r is very superficial..

if ur definition of outdatedness is true, then maruti has been dishing out outdated stuff ever since the launch of the zen in the 90's(zen being the successor of the M800)

and u got me totally wrong...the santro's still selling fairly strongly and theres no way in the near future that it could be discontinued.

the reason why the wagon r manages good figures is the lpg version...

mechanically(and i believe this is what decides the true age of the car), the santro is still way ahead of the wagon r.

Well well well!!...i dont want to have a disscussion on WagonR or Santro!....and i've not said that santro is not a good car!!..its also nice!...but what ever i felt i said!...n everyone has the right to say thier own opinions!!..and you diff. people have diff. opinions!...smiley1.gifvibhor2008-10-22 12:05:33