thackervijay

Hyundai Accent Executive

Whats the difference between regular and this executive

EDIT- well i saw it in Hyundai's website and now Leather wrapped steering, Leather wrapped gear Knob, body color mould lines and door handles and keyless entry are standard at same price and thus Accent GLE is now Accent EXECUTIVE...
bluesapphire2008-10-21 07:02:23

This is probably the last hurrah of a dying car. I see no other point in having it. The 1.5 engine is also out of date (cannot meet E-IV) as I hear. I love it though due to the extremely wide power band. It may be rough at the top end but one can be really lazy - all the way from under 800rpm in 5th as long as you are gentle with the throttle.

Well,actually there are no such major changes outside Accent Executive!...nor such major changes inside it!..just hyundai has added li'l useful features to push up its accent's sales!...when accent was launched it looked very nice car for those who wanted a good  mid sized car but now accent has become quite outdated so its all just to push its sales as i've already said!...other cars in its segment are more improved with all new tec. so its not enough for the accent hyundai needs to do more on it or they should introduce a good replacement for accent!!!same as maruti done with esteem!! smiley17.gif

vibhor2008-10-21 15:26:34

@Vibhor, I agree with you.

But Hyundai can't have a new Accent now, as Verna is actually the new Accent worldwide.

This is just like Skoda Octavia's story, Laura has been launched & Octavia is continuing.

yes!..actually the first time when i read in Aci about verna i thought it will replacement for accent here also!..but when it was launched , it was priced much higher than accent!.......

.so finally hyundai didn't phased out the accent and as a result you can see that hyundai has to introduce "executive"version with some more features now!smiley1.gif
vibhor2008-10-21 15:45:55

ok am not saying that its bad!.actually i feel is that hyundai accent is getting quite outdated!..n these all li'l features are not done! to compete with other great VFM cars in its segment!...so hyundai needs to get accent freshed time to time!smiley17.gif

its just a marketing gimmick from hyundai to sell its ageing accent...but for me accent still has  contemporary looks and sometimes looks better than the verna..but at present accent is a real vfm package !!!

I feel the Verna is a replacement for the Accent. Only our manufacturers try to squeeze the last few drops of blood (bucks actually) before finally discontinuing the old model. The i10, Laura, Altis ...... which are all cases of the older model still continuing. Kudos to Honda for not falling into this habit - may be they do not have the capacity to keep both the old and the new going, so they are more honest. Only time will tell. Also, Maruti do not seem to have fallen into this habit.

I feel the Verna is a replacement for the Accent. Only our manufacturers try to squeeze the last few drops of blood (bucks actually) before finally discontinuing the old model. The i10' date=' Laura, Altis ...... which are all cases of the older model still continuing. Kudos to Honda for not falling into this habit - may be they do not have the capacity to keep both the old and the new going, so they are more honest. Only time will tell. Also, Maruti do not seem to have fallen into this habit.

[/quote']

then what maruthi is doin with its 800 , omni & estilo & WR