Khurram_8686

Which Car should i buy - City ZX or New City??

Guys, i am confused between the City ZX and new city. the on road delhi price of city zx GXi is 8.18 lakhs and city ivtec sm/t is 8.84 lakhs. i find both of thm gud, d new city has more features and a larger feel, d dealer may giv some discount on city zx to clear d stock in additon to the 35k off on it as i am its vendor employee. d new city has no discounts and no vendor discounts as yet. dealer claims a mileage of 12kmpl for city zx and 13 for ivtec.seeing d discounts d difrnce can come close to 1 lakh rupees.d new city will be delivered in jan dat is 2009 model whereas zx is 2008 and wil lose value because of discontinual. which 1 should i go for, please post your reasons and pros cons of wat you feel about d 2 cars. thanks. do you have any other car in mind also?

Going for the New model is the best option. Its got all the safety features. It looks way better. Its got the VTEC under its hood too . Unless you get a huge discount on Zx i dont think you should look at Old one.

If you are getting a 1 Lakh plus discount on the City ZX vtec plus, then it would be a good offer. That one would have an vtec engine plus leather seats, alloys, fog lamps etc. The discount might compensate for the re-sale value later.

New city would be the option which better looks than old city and many features.. though if you buy old city you may feel later than i might have bought new city..

New city would be the better option which has great  looks than old city and many features.. though if you buy old city you may feel later than i might have bought new city..

Yup they are giving discounts. My local Honda dealer claimed that he has around 30-40 City ZX models unsold . My guess is if City ZX stocks are not cleared by Jan- Feb ( After which New City E Sales will begin) then Honda might give more discounts. So if you can wait till Jan it would not be a bad idea IMO to see if dealer can give further discounts. Since New City E version has been kept out cos of the unsold stock reason.

Go with the new city. Buying a new model is always better than the one that is going to be phased out. And the resale value of old City is surely to go down after the launch of new model.

no thoughts of resale here but i feel d thought of an old city will creep more and more if i go 4 it. went again 2 d dealer, has no plans for discount on ZX as yet, now i am cnfused btwn d color options of d new city, also waiting 4 d vendor discount 2 come up on new city. but i still feel d interior color of zx are much better. today d salesman told a mileage said d new city has lesser mileage compared to zx, yesterday sme other salesman said zx has lesser mileage

If you can't wait, On the lower side check out the SX4 then the Verna VGT ABS these are good on maintenance compared to the city.

If you can wait then the New City

Its better to avoid a stopped model. But this would be a great deal if you can get it at a bargain of 1 to 1.5 lakh. In this condition after 2 years you can sell at the same price at which you bought.

Deepak DS

I'd suggest the new city. The handlings better, so is the ride, looks, equipment, engines tweaked to pump out a bit more, interiors and so what if your paying a bit more. Its an overall better package.

@Khurram, I would strongly suggest you to opt for newer car, its always better to go in for newer tech. Old City would soon be history & later you would repent & feel that you should have gone in for the newer car.

Maintenance is not an issue with Honda & be it old or new City, its at par with competition.

Though 1L discount on a Honda is pretty tempting !

I feel that a newer version is better than older version. Go for new city. Mainly because loss of value. Though you go for ZX now, after sometime you may feel that you are driving a dated car and will change it quickly.

@Khurram-I think silver looks neat on the New City. Choose between White, Silver and Maroon if you zero in New City. My dealer told me 12-13km/l mileage which is decent . Usually Honda dealers used to quote 15-17km for City ZX.

khurram fiat's linea is a very good car but yet to be checked on reality plus nothing to compare with honda as is established. if u want to opt for honda then go for the new city.new looks and is better on long term as the discounts r for its valuations when u sell it so go for the new one. you can also check out SX4 and Hyindai's Verna.

Dude the new Honda city can not be compared with the old one. the new one is built from Honda civic platform. It has better power and better looks and everything is looks new. Dont bend for the 50000 discount. Its not a big deal dude. All cars have this kinda discount at the end of the year. So make your choice