Khurram_8686

Which Car should i buy - City ZX or New City??

i went 2 c d new city and must say interiors r nt gr8, i

find d interiors(beige) of old city better, just d dashboard is gud in

new city, also d stereo has no cd, mp3 cd, cassette facility, d doors

and handles luk cheap frm inside. d space under d rear windshield that

is behind d rear seats where the speakers r thr is so stupid that u

cannot keep anything on it, it wil jst fall, d space is tilted. also

emt model is also wrth buyin seein d poor stereo and interior colors of

smt but thn it wil b delivrd in march only, evn black and bold beige

metallic colors r not available now, so 1 has 2 jst agree by honda and

buy else wait

Good to learn that potential customers are able to compare & differentiate & not just fall for the hype blindly!

Very good Khurram, try & magnify some more downsides to the car, this will really help consumers in deciding.

The claimed 2000 orders in 1 month figure is too low for the City.  Even the outgoing model used to sell 3000 units a month. (Correct me if i'm wrong)Given the fan following of the City in India , it should have been 6000-7000 bookings if not more , not withstanding the current global gloom. 

I was there in the showroom for 15-20 mins, and 6-7 other prospective buyers entered within that time frame , that too during afternoon time on a working day, but none of them booked it. Everybody felt the interiors plasticy and cheap quality (also the fabric). I know of 6 ppl in my relation alone who were waiting too buy the new city, some of them even sold their current car in anticipation seeing pics of the new city on the net and autocar, but everybody has been dissappointed with the interiors.

Its like buying 10.5 lac SAT model and getting interiors of a 4-5 lac car.

Buy it for the Reliability , Brand, Efficiency, Exteriors, Safety Features But not for the Interiors.

As for me, I'm confused. Maybe wait 2-3 months for Honda to beef up the interiors which may not happen. Also now more inclined towards the New evo look Lancer ( which again my dad may not approve off only due to poor brand value and poor resale value)

I hope Honda is listening? smiley5.gif

I agree with Raj, 2000 is not a huge no. People not booking in a hurry inspite the hype, goes on to show that Indian consumer has matured & times of cost cutting & using scalpel are over!

New Lancer would be a great car, but again interiors are  not class leading.

i very much agree wid u, d interiors r not gr8 and d stereo is so on your face type, i will now wait 2 c d emt model as i feel d grey panels, dash etc will match d grey fabrics of d emt, also i think thrz no point in gng 4 d old city as d thought of havin an old model will keep creeping whnvr i would c d new city. but still d interiors of zx r way classy thn d new city. so no city 4 me as of now, d ups r lesser then the downs in the new city's case.

The claimed 2000 orders in 1 month figure is too low for the City.  Even the outgoing model used to sell 3000 units a month. (Correct me if i'm wrong)Given the fan following of the City in India ' date=' it should have been 6000-7000 bookings if not more , not withstanding the current global gloom. 

[/quote']

Even i expected more booking. i think most of the 2000 people booked without a TD. There might have been thousands who had just kept their buy on a hold after seeing the interiors.I dont think Honda will being any changes for atleast a year.

I was expecting a lot from this car. Just that interiors , rear seat thigh support have disappointed me big time.

This time it seems Honda did not learn its lessons properly. I say this because, when 1st.gen. City was launched in India, it also had below par interiors, Honda was quick to learn then & went upmarket in 2nd. Gen. But, this time around consumers are unlikely to overlook the omissions as market has matured & grown up since 1gen City's times, then people could overlook deficiencies as choices were sparce, but now time have changed.

well the new city is a very good looking car but honda has done some serious cost-cutting in this car like the car has disc brakes in two tyres and drum on the other two,no alloys in any variant,no climate control, but cant say about interiors cause i havent seen them and plus this car is in the range of optra magnum and all the other cars in it class are better value for money deals than city !!!! 

The NHC road test is up in ACI issue for this month , hope they put some light on the interiors being bad .Anyway made up my mind to wait for Jazz(Hope they have better interiors)