cavallino

design of the new a-star

Not very promising I have to say. It looks like the Suzuki design team went a long way to copy the look of the i10 but stopped short at the front end where they did something really odd with the arrangement of the lights and the grill.

A case of botched up design or just saturation of car design? I'm not quite sure. What do you guys think?

It is the rear that looks a lot like that of the i10. Especially the rear doors. That's probably why the rear looks decent. Hopefully the rear end has better stability than that of the i10 and doesn't wash out when the car is chucked around a bit.

As for me, the A-star looks too good and I like it from any and every angle. There are some similarities between I10 and A-star but that does not mean that the designers have copied the design of I10. This car is surely going to Rock.

Even I don't find any similarity between i10's & A-Stars design. If at all some glimpses look alike, its a matter of coincidence & not inspiration! Its the Korean's that do majority of copying!

well even i dont find any similarity between the two but i10 is much better looker than Astar...it seems that the Concept Astar was just for Show Off by MS as nothing seems to be taken from Concept which looked stunning..

they stated that Astar will be based on this concept whether for Exports or for domestic market...so now its totally different though Concept model are difficult to be converted into Production model but still that carries some similarities thats why it can be said that Astar in based on concept model shown at Delhi expo bluesapphire2008-10-24 07:40:23

Dude A-star is much better looking than i10. I10 has tall roof, but A-star has superb ergonomics with low roof which keep the center of gravity of the car in right position at all speeds. Infact the palio design is much better than both.

Well, If you want to see an exact COPY-CAT. Check this out

Fiat Panda Vs Maruti Wagon R

fiat-panda-diesel.jpg

wagon-r-duo.jpg

dude both copied from Fiat's car man. The punto' date=' panda all are Fiat's cars. Checkout maruti Wagonar and FIat panda. I think new i20 is designed by italdesign giugiaro?[/quote']

Any idea who designed the swift

Swift, I am not sure. I think the Japanese did it. It was a concept car. Do you know which platform it comes from. Its the well known sport bike Hyabusa. The suzuki designers worked out from Hyabusa to a sport car concept version. Finally ended with the Suzuki swift. With all this in place, not doubt Suzuki swift was and will be a spectacular car.

Dude, all the future hatchbacks have similar design, because they have targeted on ergonomics and this is the shape for the least drag coefficient. So obviously the shapes will be somewhat similar. We cant expect a radical look for each and every car.

AND the main point is, the A-star in INDIA and it has more space than the look alikes of its class. And some decent refinement in its handling and engine.

If A-star is a hit, its more revenue for India and our standard of living will go up.... ( Lol, this is according to Macroeconomics page 1). But, I wonder how good are politicians would transfer the extra earning into useful services to the population.

What I see is that all the politicians and big man getting richer and buying foreign goods, else building their bank accounts or locking loads of Gold into their lockers.

Now the monsoon has its turn, I can hardly ride my bike at 15kmph in our roads. Its just a half a day rain and our roads are one feet deep in water.

Just a blind comparison. London has  underground  trains which are about 1 mile deep. Madrid has multi-lane roads deep underground.

Wonder when will the money get released into building some basic drainage tunnels with  proper  sloping and capacity. Doubt  we will see that in the 10 yr plan

Dude, all the future hatchbacks have similar design, because they have targeted on ergonomics and this is the shape for the least drag coefficient. So obviously the shapes will be somewhat similar. We cant expect a radical look for each and every car.

AND the main point is, the A-star in INDIA and it has more space than the look alikes of its class. And some decent refinement in its handling and engine.

If A-star is a hit, its more revenue for India and our standard of living will go up.... ( Lol, this is according to Macroeconomics page 1). But, I wonder how good are politicians would transfer the extra earning into useful services to the population.

What I see is that all the politicians and big man getting richer and buying foreign goods, else building their bank accounts or locking loads of Gold into their lockers.

Now the monsoon has its turn, I can hardly ride my bike at 15kmph in our roads. Its just a half a day rain and our roads are one feet deep in water.

Just a blind comparison. London has  underground  trains which are about 1 mile deep. Madrid has multi-lane roads deep underground.

Wonder when will the money get released into building some basic drainage tunnels with  proper  sloping and capacity. Doubt  we will see that in the 10 yr plan

well why it will be useful for our economy as its not owned by Govt of India now..the majority is with Suzuki japan only and slowly they are trying to acquire it fully coz just a small part is with GOI

Hi, ya it has lots of similarities with I-10. I personally don't like the looks of A-star. I-10 is difinitely better. Further, cabin refinement and fit-finish is better in I-10. ACI short test drive does not show any word like: Impressive, Excellent, superb in any aspect of the car as well as about it's drive. Few words by ACI about the car:

"What

I never liked the styling of Korean cars, weather Daewoo or Hyundai, none of their cars have impressive designs. Koreans have been copying both designs & engines from worldover, originality is not their cup of tea! So, I can't really see i10 inspiring any cars especially Japanese.

hi bluesapphire

What is said stays true for all indian manufactured. Be it maruti, or i10 manufactured in india. Not Elantra or tucson which was manufactured abroad.

Well if its made in India, we will have more high paying jobs, and knowledge transfer to our nation. Also the government puts a lot of tax to these people. In that way there is a direct relationship with the State and the Manufacturing facility. 

Consider this with an imported car, like the Bmw, Mercedeis, or any other car which have their equipments imported.

There are different terminologies for building a car. Like built from scratch in India. And another case is when several parts are imported and few are used from india.

The steel and plastic will be made in india, while the engine might be imported from abroad.

So the steel and plastic industries in india will also benefit. In an indirect way the employees of the steel and plastic industry and ofcourse more money with Indian people, more power to buy new Indian goods. So thats how the economy grows.

there might be similarities with i10 and A-star.

Like the rear door design. But i saw the similar design in Splash, which was launched much before i10. but i really don't know, from where, did suzuki copied the design, at the first place.. :))

there might be similarities with i10 and A-star.

Like the rear door design. But i saw the similar design in Splash' date=' which was launched much before i10. but i really don't know, from where, did suzuki copied the design, at the first place.. :))

[/quote']

This is where they copied from

fiat-grande-punto-front-f3q.jpg