sahil10

Problem in purchasing SWIFT DZIRE

I had booked a SWIFT DZIRE VDI car with a maruti dealer NEW VEHICLEADES, PATHANKOT,(PUNJAB). on 31st MAY,2008.At the time of booking I was told that I will get the car delivered within 4-5 months but after 5 months of waiting there are no signs of getting the car, The dealer is telling to wait for a month more. The dealer is not listening to me .This is causing a lot of harrassment to me.Therefore i have written to your forum. Please help me in getting the car.I will be very thankful to you. 

this has been a problem everywhere buddy. i have heard of people beinh proimised a month 4 delivery and dint get the car even after 6 months.

there is some problem in the assembly plant of the Dzire, i heard. so very few Dzires are rolling out. if you really require a car in urgency, just cancel the booking and go for a car which is readily available. else, i have heard that if you pay some premium amount to the dealers, they give you the car as soon as the lot arrives, dont know whether its true or a rumour.

oh!thats actually a problem ith almost every marut car!..4-5 mth wait is actually to long!!....if you are not really intrested in this then i will suggest you to cacel its booking and opt for any other car!..or you try to writee to msil director or any other MSIL official!..hope your problem gets solve soon!

Do u want Second hand Dzire Vdi ?

12k done , with alloys and audio system . Scratch less , Chandigarh number ??

Well while booking u should have kept this in mind that this was bound to happen if u dont give dealers extra money to get ur car fast . Here dealers are asking around 45-55k extra for getting car in 15-20 days .

trojan_virus2008-10-25 07:12:52

Well, the better option is to cancel the booking and opt for another car!!...atleast MSIL should know how many of its customers are leaving their cars and opting another because of this looooong waitlist!!..its really a big disappointment!!smiley18.gif

Sahil, had you asked for advise before booking, I would have strongly suggested not to book the car, but as you have already made the plunge long back, now I would suggest you to be patient & wait for the car. But, if in the meantime you feel you have been cheated by the dealer, writ to MSIL & still if things don't move accordingly, approach the Consumer Forum.

this is the agony said by all MS customers who have to wait for such a long period swift as well as dezires.. Sahil approach MSIL heads and c how is their response. But production is actual the issue or just the hype to create in market is what im not sure about but heard many ppl complaining abt the deliveries.

have youa nything in writing with respect to the waiting period.if you want i give you some email ids ,write to them and tell them the whole story.I have a swift dzire and the dealership was AAA VEHICLEADES IN DELHI.it was a new dealership and i was the 2nd person to book the car there,but at the time of delivery mine was the 17th car.vehicleades is of the same group i guess

Actually, I first booked Dzire, even before its launch, waited for a month and then requested the dealer, atleast give Swift and I got it. 

Wait for 1 more month, if you are not getting it, go for new Ikon 1.4diesel.

If it is such a long wait, better to look for some thing better. VDi boasts of a good engine, otherwise the car is below average. I have a Dzire VXi purchased on 16 July and am repenting about the decision.

The doors started rattling from the beginning itself, then heavy seat noise, very bad engine noise, underbody noise, dash board etc etc. Irritating noise comes from all sides!!!!

I had to take the car to service station 15 times and still some issues are not resolved and finally Maruti started claiming that the noises & rattles are normal.

They have even replaced parts from a brand new car and fitted in my car to solve engine noise.

Very disappointed with the car. I will never ever buy a Maruti again.

Better to go for IKON 1.4 Diesel which is a much better option and the price is almost the same.

there are so many threads about this issue and so many innocent customers being cheated by the so much hyped waiting time, demand and such crap. i would suggest check for an alternative, if you have learned from this mistake, you should waste no time to correct it. so contact the dealer and ask for the refund ASAP and hunt for a better car, there are so many better cars now in the market with huge discounts! let us know your requirements/priorities and we can help suggesting a better car! harryccc2008-12-03 09:38:53

If you are still stuck then the Ford Fiesta (with the price cut just announced) and the Mahindra Logan are good alternatives to consider. Dealers should have ready stocks for those. A lot of people are tired of waiting for the dzire and Swift Diesels.

If you are still stuck then the Ford Fiesta (with the price cut just announced) and the Mahindra Logan are good alternatives to consider. Dealers should have ready stocks for those. A lot of people are tired of waiting for the dzire and Swift Diesels.

a very timely suggestion. why dont you consider Fiesta which is on great discounts for the next 10 days and put an end to your wait!

Just cancel your booking buddy....do you think crap like this deserves such a pain.....

Just think...you are the one paying ....and you are the one suffering......thats a great bargain....so much for Maruti Suzuki legacy......just for few extra thousand at the time of resale of your car...... smiley7.gifsmiley11.gifsmiley5.gif

We indians need to grow up.....or else these car manufacturers and dealer networks will keep on taking us for a ride.....always...... smiley7.gif