krace

An accident last thursday

Hi buddies,

I didn't celebrated this Diwalismiley19.gifsmiley19.gifsmiley19.gif .... I made an accident last Thursday. I've explained the accident below..

As most of you know, I'm from Chennai. Last Thursday night, around 8 PM, I was driving my XETA with my family in the car.. I was driving in the 100 ft road (Vadapalani area). DD might know this area. Its a fairly broad road.. I was driving slowly at 30 to 35 kmph... Heavy down pour was there. The front windshield was full of mist though I was using the defogger. All of a sudden, A man appeared infront of my car. I was not able to manage.. I just gave the steering wheel a full turn toeards right as many vehicles were passing by the left side.. Inspite of all of my efforts, The man's head got hit on the left windshield corner smiley19.gifsmiley19.gifsmiley19.gifsmiley19.gif.

I parked the car in the road itself and rushed to the injured guy... He was lying in a pool of blood around his head. My heart beat nearly stopped on seeing the blood around him... In my 4 years of driving, I never made an accident. It was entirely new to me... I tried lifting the person...I found that he was alive... I got some relief on assuring that he is still alive..

But the thing I noticed is he was fully drunken. When all these happened, One traffice cop arrived there. Crowd was minimal since it was raining heavily. The cop, on knowing that the victim was drunken, He asked me to give him the first aid and move away. He also suggested not to give any compensation to that injured guy since the mistake is on his side. As the cop said like this, The crowd dissolved without any arguments. but my mind was not ok with that. I tried taking the victim to hospital nearby...

The doctor came with all those first aid kits n all.. But once he found that the guy has consumed alcohol, He refused to treat or admit him in the hospital..

The reason that the doctor gave was quite shocking to me as I waas not aware of it. He said like, Its impossible to give any kind of treatment if a person has consumed alcohol.

When all these are happening, bleeding from the victim's mouth didnt stopped.. but no one cared him only because he consumed alcohol...I gave that guy some 1500 rupees and left the place... Only now I was little normal and made my mind to drive back to home. Then only I found that my car's front windshield is f brocken.. Cracks are developed from the left end to all over the windshield... Totally disappointed...Not able to sleep that night... All those bloods  were comin in my mind...

Next day, I went ot the same area and enquired about the guy... the localites told that the guy went to his home by himself by an auto rickshaw. Then I went to Concorde service at ECR to claim the insurance and other things... The total bill was 12000 rupees ... The windshield costs 7500 rupees which was fully reimbursed by TATA AIG... all those glues, bedding, labour costed around 4500 rupess out of which 50 % of the amount was given by the insurance cover.. I have to pay 2500 rupees at the end...The car is still in the service station because of Diwali holidays...

So, at the end, I've lost 4000 rupees, peace of mind, diwali enjoyments.. No words to tell how much I got hurted mentally.. I'm just imaginig what would've happened if the guy lost his life...Nothing big is there for me...Its just gonna be a hit and run case and a formal enwuiry, fine...But waht about the family of the guy??? No one is going to care and people will still comsume this damn alcohol and will make troubles always...After this accident, I' getting tensed whenever I see a drunken guy walking in the road...

When thesse people are going to understand??? If someone wants to have somne drugs for his enjoyment, He should take it in his private place.. It should not hurt others... At the end, The guy who got injured by me that day will have those physical injuries only... But Only I know how much it pains in my heart... Dont know when I'm going to get relieved from this...

I was not able to do anything for the past 4 days...As everyone tend to do, I just shared my burden to all of you, my friends...Now I feel a little relaxed after sharing the whole thing with you..

I've noticed in chennai these things. The senseless people cross roads as if they take a casual walk(whatever the traffic may be). Don't worry dude. There is no mistake on your part. Just relax, as the man is alive.

Dude, some people are so poor and have the support their family but no where to go. So they do anything to get money.

The same happened to me, some minor scratches to the victims hand. A big crowd gathered the area. I gave the man rs 100 and escaped.

Relax buddy! the man is alive to drink again! You are not caught in Police web! and Your car got fixed with a new windshield!!

The sad part here is that you have missed Diwali.. Dont worry you can celebrate it next year with double the fun!! Njoie and Drive Safe!!

you have taken urself to be guilty when you arent and have even spoiled ur diwali but a person who feels will feel such...anyways u had the audacity to take the man to the hospital...but surely cant understand why treatment being refused to a drunk person ????? any doctors on the forum that can throw light on this.

I agree that its the mans fault he might have misjudged your vehicle also in drunken case you are not held for even minor offence .Chill down and go to watch some movie with your family .

Hi Krace, read your story & must appretiate your spirit, that you stopped over & took the victim to hospital. In most scenarios hit & run is the case!

I'll say if drunken driving is a sin, so should drunken walking on streets! But in our Country a driver has not just to save himself but save others too, people just don't care & are ready to jump in front of vehicles. In such case, if anybody gets greviously heart or dies,  driver of the vehicle has to slog it out in Courts. So, its better to take precautions beforehand.

Crowd mantality in India is also bad, people gather arounfd incidents, but no body is ready to help. Same is the case with Police, they want to fill their own pocket only. But Doctors role is questionable here, he should have adminstered 1st. aid atleast, though treating a drunk patient is difficult & he is right bleeding does not stop easily & delivering medication is also diff. as some medicines might react with alcohol.

This has happened to me no. of times & Punjab being drunkards heaven, almost all who got in way were drunk, luckily! But its true, these things bother one hard.

For you I'll say, don't worry, you turned lucky as the man lived! Had he conked off, then things would have been different. Forget the monetary loss, its small & irrlevant but do learn a lesson from this & that is to drive slowly & safely, as small incidents can turn ugly sometimes. Best of luck!

hey buddy, kudos to you to have actually stopped and shown concern to the victim. normally, as you said, if the crowd is less, drivers tend to flee. you have not done that. even after knowing that the guy is drunk and the policeman telling you that its not your fault, you took him to the hospital and gave him 1500 bucks. that simply proves you are a good human being with a kind heart.

kudos to you.

everybody clap for krace buddy:   smiley32.gif
raj_50042008-10-29 06:56:13

smiley1.gifDont worry krace dear!!..just relax now!..everything is fine!!....actually the fault was not from your side!....dont know why these illitrate people drink n come on the road.!!!!!smiley7.gif...n its good that you were not driving fast enough!..n thank god that the moron is safe now!.....i can understand that situation!..its very sad n guilty that if you hit a person ..but you dont need to feel guilty anymore!....

...and I must appreciate that you took that ***** drunken person to hspital n also gave 1500rs!smiley17.gif...really as raj said that it shows you are really very kind hearted person!!!smiley10.gifi too clap for you!smiley32.gif....n cm'mon!..no need to worry!...just chill n thank to god that everything is fine, that person and also your car!!..just forgot all that!!..i know its easy to say but it willl take time!..anyways!don't worry! smiley17.gifvibhor2008-10-29 08:32:16

Thanks thanks thanks a lot buddies.... No words to tell how I'm feeling now after reading all of your replies..... I'm  feeling much relaxed now..Thanks a lot buddies..

DD gave me some advice to face the legal issues... Really I was not much aware of legal issues.. Thanks a lot buddy..

Vibhor buddy, your PM consoled me a lot. Thanks a lot dear.

Sorry to read about what happened to you but you have done a very good job of handling the situation. I have also been involved in accidents and know how it feels for a couple of days but after that you will be back to normal. Certain things are out of our hands how much ever you try to control them.

krace sad event -these events are glued in our memories for a long long time to come for we are sensitive. Your jottings show that you too are sensitive.

Insensitive people (like those in BMW cases and so on ) treat these as  routine.

And mind you, such instances can happen to anyone of us. We are always careful but the others may not be so careful! Drunkards abound in rural areas too and are a perennial nuisance for highway users, who drive through such towns and villages.

And krace  lastly you are lucky too! The cop was a good Samaritan and there was no mob of rowdies (as they call in Chennai) around. Or else, even if we are not at fault who cares? The biggest problem in such cases is that you are behind the wheel of a car and that drunkard is a layman and a pedestrian.The mobs zero in around the car in such cases, humiliating  the car driver/owner and sometimes destroying the car.

Lastly, nice of you to have shared your feelings with all of us.

anjan_c20072008-10-30 15:41:33

yeah...luckily nothing major happened and the cop was a decent fellow otherwise he would have celebrated Diwali at your expense!! You're a good person - but majority people are bad and they're out to con you, especially at night, this could have turned into a setup with an imposter cop and false blood.

Always think of the positives (what could have gone wrong but didnt)...or if you want to think negative, please allow me to make a suggestion: you mucked-up a chance to be on the news channels next to the likes of Mr Nanda (and his BMW)and Indica Xeta (like the BMW) would have been famous at your expense! (sorry if I sound too insensitive)

Krace, i live in the same area too...I understand how you would have felt..Its so disastrous man and i appreciate your philanthropic gesture eventhough the guy was drunk. better watch out next time onwards even more carefully

Hey buddies,

Thanks a lot smiley1.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley1.gif.... All your response were really really helpful in getting myself normal...Now I'm perfectly fine and got my attitude back...BTW, I got my XETA back from Concorde after service last Saturday evening.. She is doing well now... The time delay in delivery is due to Diwali holidays...In total, The Front windsheld with the necessary glues costed around 8.7K...I was able to get 7K by the Insurance.. So, I paid 1.7K from hand.. Also I told the Concorde persons to do the second free service... It costed 2.3K... So I got a bill of 4K exact.... Now my XETA is perfectly well.... Will post some pics of my XETA sometime this weeksmiley1.gif

hey nice to know abt ur car back with u krace buddy! and cheers for gettin normal and back. you are a good human which showed by helping that drunken. But still be more catious towards rainy nights. lookin forward to c ur xeta pics buddy!

hey nice to know abt ur car back with u krace buddy! and cheers for gettin normal and back. you are a good human which showed by helping that drunken. But still be more catious towards rainy nights. lookin forward to c ur xeta pics buddy!

Thanks buddy smiley1.gifsmiley1.gif ... I'll post the pics soon...Thanks a lot for your response..