arjunthezulu

In mind - car will stop in between

@Praveen

As You said one should use the clutch while shifting the gears.

While braking hard you should depress the clutch halfway to avoid stalling the Engine. But you should depress the clutch only when the point is reached that if you don't depress clutch, the car will sure stall. If you brake hard (and if clutch is not depressed), the car will give jerks and stall.

But dont depress the clutch even if Braking Hard at high speeds. If you do, you would indirectly "Neutral"ise the car and may lose the control over the car.

Only at the point when the car is about to stall, the clutch should be pressed (if the car is in a gear).

@Praveen       ?? As You said one should use the clutch while shifting the gears.       ? While braking hard you should depress the clutch halfway to avoid stalling the Engine. But you should depress the clutch only when the point is reached that if you don't depress clutch' date=' the car will sure stall. If you brake hard (and if clutch is not depressed), the car will give jerks and stall.?But dont depress the clutch even if Braking Hard at high speeds. If you do, you would indirectly "Neutral"ise the car and may lose the control over the car.     Only at the point when the car is about to stall, the clutch should be pressed (if the car is in a gear).

[/quote']

You need not press the clutch every time you brake, that's unecessary just need to know at what RPM and in which gear the car will remain smooth, brake without the clutch if the RPM reaches the point were you have to UPSHIFT then press the clutch and then UPSHIFT.

needless use of clutch will wear the clutch plates faster.

I learned driving on my Dad's AMBY the 1st sojorn was a messy one promptly got all the 4 tires flattened driving in to a thorny bush.

As the place I learned was hardly populated I tried all stunts on the car, oversteering, understeering, getting the tail out, correcting the skid with opposite lock, of course with a lot of after effects received from my Dad. smiley4.gif

Never went to a formal driving school to learn driving. smiley2.gif

I learnt two wheeler's on the fly, all kinds, rajdoot CD100, Bullet 350, Yezdi 250 and the works.....Aaaahhh!!! those OLD TIMES!!!!!!!!

You need not press the clutch every time you brake' date=' that's unecessary[/quote'] Even I told the same thing. He should brake without clutch at high rpms but use the clutch only at the point where the rpm is low and the car would stall.
you should depress the clutch only when the point is reached that if

you don't depress clutch' date=' the car will sure stall. If you brake hard

(and if clutch is not depressed) at low rpms (Edited), the car will give jerks and stall.[/quote']

needless use of clutch will wear the clutch plates faster.

Yes this is correct

I think u should just ignore the honking but make sure u hav L sign at the front and back.

I would also suggest that go an empty road or field and please try to just practice the clutch release more, instead of practicing the entire driving.

You may find it irritating to do this, stop and go exercise but this is most important as you and most of the learners face problem taking off from dead start.

To master this try to

1) release the clutch without using the accelerator 

2)practice on an uphill road

To master this try to

1) release the clutch without using the accelerator 

2)practice on an uphill road

Very Good advice Kushal. This is nice way to master the Clutch Release Technique.