sylvester

SUZUKI GS150R

sylvester buddy,

Welcome to the forum first. Please let me know the purpose of this topic..If your ultimate aim is to discuss about SUZUKI GS150R aka LANZA, there is an already exixting topic i guess.

Please read the forum rules and also please ensure that the same topic doesnot get repeated as it will degrade the forum quality

ya....krace is correct!!..plz read all rules and regualtions of this forum in "announcement" sec. before posting anything...n always ensure that the thread you are starting has not already been disscussed!!.anyways!..welcome and enjoy your stay here! smiley17.gifvibhor2008-11-01 09:26:42

yes the front is almost same as the pulsar,rear the same as cbz just a slit in between the tail lamp while the whole rear structure similar to cbz,from side hybridisation of cbz,pulsar and unicorn when the fuel tank is also added to the view.although the bike looks a bit boring as the same old n common used looks but the best part seems to be its 6 speed gearbox due to which the performance will definitely be a bit throttling one but still as per as aftersales service facility the 150 beauty may suffer vague response

Today had a look at the GS150R at a Suzuki showroom. The fit and finish are excellent. It has six gears and has looks borrowed from the Pulsar and Unicorn as my friends here have already said. There are two parking lights in the headlight cowl like the Pulsar. It has a digital speedo and an analog tacho and the dash is also like the Pulsar. The sideview represents a Pulsar- Unicorn hybrid.But it lacks the rear monoshock of the Unicorn.The dull black allloys, gearbox, engine, silencer pipes etc have all become passe and are from a bygone decade- can't shades of lighter metallic grey be tried by bike makers? Metallic shades in grey look chic.

But my overall impression was that this may offer a tough competition  to the Unicorn , Pulsar, Apache and HH CBZ Xtreme and Hunk. I feel the Yamaha FZ 16 is still a class apart though not in the looks department.

Another impression I got is that Suzuki India is  now getting serious with the Indian market. The Access and the  GS 150 R are signs  that it is , whereas the Zeus and Heat said that it was so casual!

the only thing which looks cool when i had a look at the bike in flesh was the instrumentation-specially the chrome ringed tacho.

My first impression is that although fit & finish is good but  not excellent.The new all black Unicorn has a better feel.

What is its USP: is it the Sixth gear????? I m not sure about anything else.

Lets see how market responds to it. But i am not too optimistic abt its prospect.