karanraheja

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI or New honda City??

Its quite obvious that the City is what suits you in your budget. As you said earlier that you are planing to upgrade and not degrade, so the only car in the price range that meets all your needs is City. Although the rear seat comfort of City is not up to the Aveo's or Logan's mark, yet it is acceptable. And as a package, Honda New City is quite better than the Fiesta.

Hehe @ Mehul- I mentioned in 1st post. Linea would be kept as my last option. I know Linea will have all the goodies , But thinking twice to spend 8 lac + for a Fiat . Resale is a priority in my requirements when i sell my car after 5 years.

@ HSB_SX4- Yup right now City seems to be the car. But as im in no hurry ill wait for Fiesta 1.6 TDCI.

Update : With overwhelming reviews of Linea before launch. It might overtake Fiesta TDCI. So now it looks like Linea (mostly 1.3 MJD) vs New City. Only pricing will decide if Linea would surely overtake the Fiesta TDCI.

Only top end Fiesta SXI comes with airbags and it crosses 9 lacs!! I thought ZXI also has airbags!

Update : With overwhelming reviews of Linea before launch. It might overtake Fiesta TDCI. So now it looks like Linea (mostly 1.3 MJD) vs New City. Only pricing will decide if Linea would surely overtake the Fiesta TDCI.

You must be an optimist or a FIAT lover. How about after sales service etc. Even with the Tata tie up I hear Palio owners are having problems getting spares.

@Mr. Sanjay-To be frank Linea was my 1st option in the beginning of this year. We had delayed our sedan purchase & bought a Swift. We already own a Fiat petra and respect its build quality. Problem is there is more wear & tear now & we facing it tough to source its parts! Will see how Linea is price , how they proceed in A.S.S. If i get a Linea it ll only be the 1.3 MJD.

Anyways i have loadsa time to decide. More TD reports from owners would be helpful.

@Mods - Could you change the title to linea or New Honda City?

Not a lot of pics ,

> there are three interviews with honest Japanese Chaps

> And then the time line of Honda City in India

> And how the NHC will be the new Fifth global model Along with ..u know i guess

> also say about , how such powerful engine still gives good FE.

Its nice read anyway...

Test drove the new City, car is really good to drive, light & nimble.

Afterwards when I got into my Corolla, it felt like a Gadda!

Though Alloys in the middle variant should be standard & Music system should have a cd player.

Seating position is too low!

Guys i will buy only after March 09. Linea seems to have better features than Fiesta and that too its roomier. So i guess it should be Linea vs ANHC. I will sell my Petra after few months. Right now getting quotes of 3-3.35 for my 2004 model 60k done.

Just saw pics of Indian Linea. Its quite loaded. That too new features for a sedan. Very tempting package . But A.S.S is taking my decision back.

Do you guys think its safer to go for City??

Go for the City. I basically prefer the looks of the old City ZX to the NHC. NHC looks too fragile and plasticky, and it looks to a certain extent 'plain boring'. I have seen a few example's in flesh and was not impressed. I require's generous doses of chrome to the front end and all round to make it look like a "Nau Lakh Gaddi".

any company who invests in india has to pump in captial and ford india makes in own profit out of the investment , an amount of profit of ford india goes to the ford headquaters and not all the money , before sending the money ford india pays all its expenses and keep a bit of the profit , so ford india does not have to worry as long as it is selling cars

Well i like new city very much but still i cant go for a car nowadays which doesnt have even Climate control...alloys can be fitted aftermarket but what about ACC..

Well after seeing the A.S.S of Fiat, i think you should go in for Linea, but then you should be OK with 90Bhp engines..

now i want to compare the fiesta and linea both in their diesel formats......

1. space-fiesta really lacks space in front of linea cause linea has wheelbase of close to 2600 mm and fiesta has a wheelbase in the reigon 2450-2500 mm.

2.performance- if linea is adequately powered at 86 nhp than the fiesta is under-powered at just 68 bhp and i hate such cars.

3. equipments- linea has equipments that are seen in cars like laura,jetta,accord so no comparison.

4. both ford and fiat are badnaam in terms of reputation.

5. pricing- fiat linea seems a vfm deal but i want to state that fiesta is "heavily over-priced".

so i just want to comment after the launch of linea who will buy the fiesta ????

Well true, Ford and Fiat are same when service comes in place, but Fiat has generally better products..

And Linea is better in all aspects than Fiesta..

But if comparision is of Linea and City, then its bit confusing..

Thanks Rahul, Well actually i have convinced my dealer to make sure i dont get to pay 30k hike which is effective from 1st April. He has agreed. Actually a lot of people started booking now. No freebies- you know Honda , they can never give anything away for free. But atleast im getting the 30k benefit.