karanraheja

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI or New honda City??

so you are here too....karanraheja=team-bhp----BHpian

i also stay in kovai a.k.a. coimbatore for 2 months every year. actually i have a problem that i am not able to post in that forum.

thats ok as you are here and i also have ANHC S A/T and driven it for 700kms in mumbai.

i also stay in kovai a.k.a. coimbatore for 2 months every year. actually i have a problem that i am not able to post in that forum.

thats ok as you are here and i also have ANHC S A/T and driven it for 700kms in mumbai.

Haha ! U also from CBE? Nice to hear that? How come only 2 months a year? Congrats on your buy too. How much mileage you getting.

Congrats Karan, nice decision..i know that its priced higher with less equipments, but still owning a Honda is a kind of pride, i own one for last 5years and i just love my City, its in so well condition, hardly rattles as some cars although kept in good condition and less kms clocked but still tends to rattle or shows its age but same is not with Honda..I am sure you will love the experience and although the parts are expensive but maintaining Honda isnt expensive at all and Honda engines are just too good even after many years and are efficient too..

Although for next car i may not go in for Civic/City for being less equipped but still love to own a Honda if they are competitive in price or if expensive should be well equipped..

Good choice again..Do post some pics and reviews..

Thanks BS. Where City scored over others was- looks to me, reliability and we wanted a badge with piece of mind. Our running was 1000 km pm. Other options were Fiesta & linea . Both have below par A.S.S. also resale of these cars is quite bad . To me the Auto climate control is not a big letdown , but yeah i definitely miss fatter rubber with alloys. Expected date of Delivery : 3rd April. Will keep you guys updated. Thanks for your wishes again.

Haha ! U also from CBE? Nice to hear that? How come only 2 months a year? Congrats on your buy too. How much mileage you getting.

i meant thta my relatives like my uncles and grandfather live there only. i am 10.932546 kmpl for first tankfull. digital reading shows 12.5-12.6. ok for me though as its an A/T

@Karan

What made you neglect SX4 from that list? Is i the build quality or FE or something else. Asking you cos we might buy a car strictly below 8 lakhs in near future.

rahul18102009-03-17 13:21:37

striclty below 8 then Fiat linea Emotion would do it for you

perfect interiors, decent and adequate engine for a sedate driver, and loaded with all bells and whistles.

if you can extended by another half lac then Emotion with option pack.

or even if you stretch by a lac then City E M/T (base)

To be frank i just gave SX4 a skip. The feedback i was getting was SX4 doesnt have good rear seat comfort, Poor FE below 10 in some cases, plastic quality poor. Ride quality was also supposed to be harsh. To be frank the best petrol sedan below 8 lacs to be is Fiesta Petrol/Fiesta S. But if A.S.S is not a issue for you , else stretch your budget and go for City Base version E.

hey guys i just visited hallmark honda, nerul, navi mumbai.

i got to see city s a/t with fog lamps, chrome all over, rear lip spoiler and front chrome grill. also there was city e m/t with no frills no thrills base model. saw all this when giving myc ar for 1st 800kms service.

anybody wanting pics may email me at mayhssbn@yahoo.co.in

karan, congrats buddy on your new buy, yes nothing freebies on offer from honda,but still if you can stretch that budget its always a peace of mind to own honda,engines are so refined and good long term ownership,though new honda city overpriced with few features still is a good to buy,keep updating.

i cannot because i am a newbie....oh sorry.......rookie.......oh sorry(again).......learner's license

Well yes Honda has some kits to change the front grille if you want and some spoilers, etc..Well that front grille looks good those who dont like the Grey grille..

http://www.hondacarindia.com/city/brochureExternal.aspx

Check out this site for more..

@Karan, can you just check out the cost of the front chrome Grille when you go to the showroom next time..

Congratulations Karan, finally you chose the best car in the segment.

Honda's accessories have always been ultra costly, I remember they use to sell fog lamps @14k, which were available outside for ~3-4k.

Btw, are you going in for some accessories from Honda?

Importantly, why did you shy away from the Auto?

Ill give prices of the accesories i got from Honda ( of few items only):-

All prices include Tax & Labour

1.Front Grille : Rs.15,166

2. Tweeter : Rs. 4214

3.CD Player : Rs.13,093

4.Mud Flap : Rs. 1668

5. Alloy Wheel : Rs. 57,130

6. Leather Seat cover : Rs25,277

7. Seat Cover ( Fabric) :Rs.6069

8. Fog Lamp Kit : Rs. 20,365

@Born free - Thanks, nope Honda accesories are too pricey. Maybe seat cover. I didnt go for auto since in my city there is not much bumper to bumper traffic and also i always prefer manual to AT. FE comes secondary in the choice.

@ karan : 9.23 L ... where are you located ?

me too booked SMT here in delhi ... haberno red costing 8.56 onroad.

should get the keys by early next week.

btw big difference in the pricing !

have you gone in for something additional or is it the diff. in taxes ?

@AF- Yes tax is the biggest problem. Im located at Coimbatore( TN)

Prices in Mumbai , Bangalore are above 9.5 lacs for S MT. My car is on transit apparently. It should reach stock yard by 28th March. But i wanted to take delivery in April .

Update :-

Booked a ANHC S MT ( Silver) today. Advance booking Rs.50' date='000. On Road Price Rs. 9.23 lacs. Delivery 1st week April.
[/quote']

Congrat's Karan, The reason why I gave the City ZX the miss, at that time, as GXI was some 8.5 lakhs otr and was bare bones, compared to the Elantra GLS which was fully loaded and 9.3 lakhs otr.: Dual Airbags, ABS/EBD, BAS, TCS, 2din CD/Cassette/ Radio/ 8 CD Changer/6 speaker system, Alloys, 127 bhp, 1.8 liter, 4 year/40k kms waranty, excellent backup service.