karanraheja

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI or New honda City??

@karan:Did u checked with the dealer whether if u book the vechile now & take the delivery in the april, is the old prices applicable or the new prices which is going to be 35,000 more on city s mt.

@karan:Did u checked with the dealer whether if u book the vechile now & take the delivery in the april' date=' is the old prices applicable or the new prices which is going to be 35,000 more on city s mt.

[/quote']

Shravan, I have the booked the car with a condition that ill take delivery in April with March prices. So the dealer has agreed for the same. The dealer claims atleast 80 cars have been booked after price increase was announced.

@Ravi ji- Thanks. Well yeah when City ZX was around , there were better options too. But Elantra suffers poor resale, apart from being brilliant VFM.

Well the prices of accessories you mentioned are just too too high..i thought that grille would be max 6-7k and that too coz its Honda, for rest it shold be around 3.5-5k..15k is way too high and 56k for alloys oh man have they gone nuts..

This is the thing i dont like yaar, i mean rather being competitive they are increasing their prices in each and every thing..

Alloys are just too pricey , when they should have been standard for the price the car commands. These accesories might not even leave the shelves from Honda showroom. Those who dont like the plasticy grille might opt for the chrome , apart from that dont see much accessories moving. 

Well yes that chrome grille looks good but rather than keeping it as accessory, as this is an expensive car this one should have option to have any grille, i think that will be very good but then its Honda, they just want more and more profit out of already high profit giving products..

I have seen this grille in some 4-5 cities and they look good but even grey looks good, its upto choice and no comparision between the 2. And there is one City here which is almost loaded with all external accessories, i think he would have got Civic V by spending all in City.

no karan, actually i calculated that after adding all i mean all if i say ALL accesories into the city from leather to rear sensors and et al. it comes to

13.41 lacs! 13.41=on road price of civic v m/t in navi mumbaismiley3.gif !!!!!!!!!!! i.e. before price rise of 50k on civics and 30k on citys

@ shravan :

civic v mt costs 12.70 in del.

13.56 is too much of a difference man !

wanted to go for the alloys for my SMT . alloys costs 45k for a set of 4 !

told the sales rep thanks ... wil get them from outside !

accessories at honda showroom real expensive stuff man

Congratulations Karan!

Hope you have a great time with your city.

Silver really looks cool, especially with that dark grille standing out. Good that you didn't take chrome grille.

The chrome would not stand out on it. Chrome is best with black or red.sparshq2009-04-04 02:37:38

Thanks to all for their wishes. I do have pics with me, but i somehow dont know how to post pics here. Could any one guide me.

Edit:-

Tried through Image Shack. finding difficulty in uploading.

karanraheja2009-04-04 11:04:08

Congrats karan. I read your review in Team-BHP with the link you gave in another thread. I somehow feel FE is quite less. Yeah i agree that nothing can't be said before first service and a proper full-full test.

To post pics:

Go to imageshack.us

Browse and add pic

choose resize option 800*600

then upload

on the appearing page, copy the link "Hot link for forums(1)"(is found below the ads) and paste it here

It takes some time before it takes you to next page. It appears as if, it didn't load properly. So wait for some time.

choose resize option 800*600

Thanks CC.Are you sure about 800*600? I was recommended 640* 480. Ill try to post again.

i did 150km of highway driving yesterday and it showing mileage of 13.5km/l. Before this it was showing 11.6km/l for 80% city driving 100 % A/c

with my experience of FORD, i would now anyday buy a Honda City,

Problems with FORD:

a) Dealerships never have spares

B) you wont get spares like rear view mirrors, and smaller things in open market

c) the technical staff is not equiped to handle ford cars problems.

d) they can never solve a problem

e) Never would have spares

f) the cost is more than honda, but Honda has better services, spares available...

So better go for a HONDA

Well I think Ford has changed its strategy and now the spare are available don't know about the service issues but my friend whose orvm was stolen was put in when he went to dealer and he said there is a change in attitude .

Though Ford is not good at A.S.S but have heard its improving. At what rate is still not known!

When it comes to cost of spares, Honda is not way off, Honda's spare prices are high & availability is not abundant. Also procuring Honda spares from outside is not easy.

Where Honda scores is its tight control over operations, superior consumer experience & relatively lesser problems/spare changes per car.

Haha BS' date=' Civic V is above 13 lacs. So Civic E seems more comparable. The mods would have costed 1 lac so should take City s on road price to tad above 10 lacs, Civic E is now 10 lac plus ex showroom. [/quote']

i went  to honda showrooms in hyderabad and they said E MT  is not in manufacturing and now the base model is some 13.67 lacks on road in hyderabad  could anyone tell if its true with other cities

Haha BS' date=' Civic V is above 13 lacs. So Civic E seems more comparable. The mods would have costed 1 lac so should take City s on road price to tad above 10 lacs, Civic E is now 10 lac plus ex showroom. [/quote']