jbond830

ford fusion, is it THE car for India?

Just went through the web page of Ford Fusion. It has almost 4 variants and its priced above 6 lakhs. The price made me step back , but a closer look at the car specs added some value to the price. It looks like a MUV and Hatchback clone. Its a midsize car and has very good ground clearance. The tyres are pretty wide (195 R15). The suspension seems to be advanced too.

I wonder if this  would be the car most of us are looking for. This car isnt too big like a MUV, so it can be driven in the city. It has 100+hp power. And it rides like a MUV, riding smooth over all the bumps in the Indian roads.

What do you think about this CAR?ford-fusion.jpg

Fusion is a good car, but caught in identity crisis! It tries to be a saloon, Suv/Muv, super hatch, but the end product fails to carve a distinct identity.

Though Fusion is practical to the core, but bunked in India due to variety of reasons:

-Identity crisis as I mentioned.

-High price tag at introduction.

-Absence of diesel when introduced.

-Spare prices exorbitant.

-ride quality bumpy.

But good things about the car are that it can be taken over rough terrain, without bothering about underbody striking the surface below. It forms a picnic, outdoor kind of a vehicle or a lifestyle vehicle, but takers turned out to be few. Interior room is generous & seating position is high, driving the vehicle is also a breeze due to high stance. Hnadling is typical Ford ie. good.

I personally like the car very much for its versatility, compact and pseudo SUV looks. But I agree with Speed on the reasons for its failure. The main reason I feel is that we Indians dont like to spend more than 5 lakhs for a car without a stretched boot. In our concept the stretched boot is the one which determines the image and price tag for cars.

Fusion is a good car' date=' but caught in identity crisis! It tries to be a saloon, Suv/Muv, super hatch, but the end product fails to carve a distinct identity.

Though Fusion is practical to the core, but bunked in India due to variety of reasons:

-Identity crisis as I mentioned.

-High price tag at introduction.

-Absence of diesel when introduced.

-Spare prices exorbitant.

-ride quality bumpy.

But good things about the car are that it can be taken over rough terrain, without bothering about underbody striking the surface below. It forms a picnic, outdoor kind of a vehicle or a lifestyle vehicle, but takers turned out to be few. Interior room is generous & seating position is high, driving the vehicle is also a breeze due to high stance. Hnadling is typical Ford ie. good.

[/quote']

Fully agree with speed. The car lacks any identity. For the price one pays, its got no image to commensurate. Spares are very costly and the Ford service shows no improvement.

If image is the deciding factor. I think Mahindra Scorpio should have developed a good image to be priced at 9 lakhs

Guys, do you really thing Scorpio should be priced so high?? What do we have in it other than high torque, which comes with poor mileage.

Ford Fusion is really a good car with lot of potential,it drives well & have a very responsive engine.What happens in India is that we go after the crowd or in simple word whats selling hot is the best thing.Thats why we see Santros every where,but that does'nt mean its a bad car.One should look at the features and the practicality of the car also.Despite being little expensive fusion is a good car.Fusion is like an active life style vehicle,it can serve lot of purpose.With good road manners,it can still handle rough terrain with ease beacuse of good ground clearance and a torquey engine.It has simple line all around with nice design which add to a solid stance.I like Fusion & I would recommend to all those who like fun driving & like to hit the dirt once in a while for the weekend camping trip,beacuse it can hadle all...smiley20.gif

Looks hit this car bad. Else this is an awesome care. ford should Do something about the rear of the car. From front it good looking even better than Fiesta

For the looks department, it should sell as it looks like the old Honda CRV. I think it is mainly because people are ignorant of cars and thus they just go together and continue to buy what they are used to buying.

I like it. I'd buy it - but not the way it is now. reduce the cost of spares, bring back the airbags (even the Spark has an airbag now for less than 4 lacs) and give us the 1.6 turbo diesel that's available in other markets, and yes, I'd buy it.

I like it. I'd buy it - but not the way it is now. reduce the cost of spares' date=' bring back the airbags (even the Spark has an airbag now for less than 4 lacs) and give us the 1.6 turbo diesel that's available in other markets, and yes, I'd buy it. [/quote']

Thats right buddy.. Even I like the car..We can consider it as a crossover.smiley1.gif... But price should be little low in addition to the points said by you.

I like it. I'd buy it - but not the way it is now. reduce the cost of spares' date=' bring back the airbags (even the Spark has an airbag now for less than 4 lacs) and give us the 1.6 turbo diesel that's available in other markets, and yes, I'd buy it. [/quote']

Good reply, Can someone forward this to Ford.

Hey,,I'm talking of India only,,right now I'm in US that does'nt mean that i am not aware of Indian auto industry..i am in touch with Indian auto market all the time,,its been only 3 yrs that I'm here but I've been to India lot of times so i am well aware whats happening in Indian auto industry..please dont take it in other way but I am really very happy & proud that Indian auto industry is really making a mark in world economy,,thats why every other major auto company is willing to launch their models in india,,because they see lot of potential in India & its a good thing.smiley20.gif

hi bob, welcome to this forum, regarding ford fusion its a crossover hatch with a suv feel, but the reasons speed said justifies the failure of this car frm ford.

@ BOB yes major auto companies are willing to get into indian market with the potential they see in this country.

Major players are coming to India but giving us the models by removing half of the features (Spl.. safety) which they are giving for the USA and Europe markets...

One of reasons for this is, no demand for those features and even though they remove those features they can sell in many numbers by saying this the car that is best sell in other markets...

I hope that Indian buyers will awake on this.

to me ford fusion looks a very confused car. on the one hand it tries to double up as both suv and hatch and ends up being none and plus it being a ford the desire for owning hits an alltime low.....ford shouldnt be using its lethargic 1.4 tdci diesel on every car of its !!!!