md_tanveer20

want a diesel car

hello guys

i want a drivers car my college is out of city so i need a diesel car to commute at present i own a corsa which acc to me is a v good car except the milage.i have completed 75k on it.

looking at the present petrol prices i have selected diesel .

there is only verna which has a gud performance with 110ps.

i drive my car to the limit once i reached 50kmph in my1st gear in corsa .

n also does verna handle better than corsa

so wat do u guys suggest below 10k probably a diesel

You asked for a driver's car and Verna is not a driver's car, it is soft sprung and not quite stable.. Another performance car is Optra and you are not interested in it. At this budget, you don't get any performance diesel that is driver friendly too. May be try Swift VDi. It has decent performance and fits very very well in your budget.

As far as I have known that no diesel at your budget can do 50 in first gear.

No idea about Petes box, but it will definitely void your warranty.

@Tanveer, No, Verna does not handle better than Corsa.

If you looking for a performance diesel with good handling, Optra is the closest you can get, this side of 10L.

Maybe in near future, Ford comes out with a 1.6L Fiesta diesel, that should be the best diesel performer then!

my budget is 9 lacs

i want raw power thats my req
if u say optra its hard on pocket cause my frnd owns one

n i am thinking of installing petes box also

so wat u guys think abut petes
Ok, but in your given budget and requirements magnum fits the best!!..and its the best car  in its segment!

....but if you still don't want to consider it then i would suggest you to go for Hyundai Verna VGT diesel!!...must say its an excellent car with great looks and nice feature list and interiors too!!...actually i've experieced it thats why i can say that its great!!..verna D is  one to go for!..n after buy you can also install the pete's box in it!!smiley17.gif
vibhor2008-11-05 11:47:38

thanx guys

i am watching these ads of GM 3yrs maintenance free service free...

so should i go for optra its coming for 10.14lacs in my city max tdci

also i am not interested in selling my corsa cause mine is an 02 model so i cant even expect 1.6lac should i add a cng kit cause the milage i am getting is 8.

thanx in advance

Yes ,GM is offering 3yr free service n maint.....

its a great car if you like it than go for it!!....

..and selling or keeping corsa is your choice....but its bit heavy on wallet!!..otherwise adding CNG is a good idea!smiley17.gif
vibhor2008-11-05 11:58:39

n more q guys

how much kms should we do to get the advantage of diesel over petrol

You need to be more specific to "what advantage" are you talking about? Some dumb people have this habit of coming up with minimum kilometers to be run to own a diesel car, without even knowing what is the highest priority of the buyer. If the priority of the buyer is low running cost, then only this minimum kilometers come into picture. I agree that many people buy diesel car for this reason alone, but too much of assuming is not correct in such technical auto forums. People buy diesel cars for other reasons. For example, if I were to prefer Verna diesel to petrol diesel, it would be high torque, modifiable engine (digital tuning, Petes box, etc.), low running cost (as many other would). When I say, low running cost, it is just not the subsidized diesel, but also the fuel efficiency of diesel engines even when driven hard. If I were to buy a petrol, it could be because of smoother drive (in term of NVH), better power band (if not worried about fuel bill), cheaper initial cost, etc.

but he asked for performance diesel so performance with diesel is his priority otherwise there are many petrol performers available at this price but then he wants performance with economy...and in general when somebody is asking for minumum Km's that means that he interested to know the break even between the prices as he has to pay more for diesel

New City is close to your specified mark!

Try Fiesta 1.6s, its the best performance car this side of 10L. It would also negate the diesel advantage due to cheaper price initially.

But then Magnum being a diesel also fulfills 10L category performance job.

Stretch a bit further into Civic & Corolla territory & 120 mark is breached.

speed2008-11-05 18:06:10

Strictly performance diesel under 10L, only Optra Magnum makes the cut according to me.

Fiesta 1.6D is expected from Ford, which should offer good performance.

Also, Fabia 1.9L expected next year, would become the best performing hatch.

md_tanveer20, your only choice is Magnum, and you also get 3yrs/45000 maintanance package. Go for it. Else try some petrol as you are used to it and you'll get more mileage in present petrol than your Corsa.

one more q

are the all discs brakes without abs of magnum better or vernas 2 discs 2 drums with abs smiley5.gif

Well,  ABS (Anti-lock Braking System).is a good feature!!...but i think its better to go for discs all round!...that is magnum!..and as other members have already told about its features,warrany etc etc ..n its overall better than verna!..so go for it!smiley17.gif