sumittechnocrat

New Mini SUV from Maruti !!!!!

it looks funny and is more of boxy shape. It wont sell in good numbers because when Gypsy was released then the only competitor was Armada. Now it can face competition from sedans.

Good work Sumit,

I had seen the Jimny in the UK and had wondered whether Maruti would bring it to India.  I think this Jimny is actually based on our very own Gypsy.  But its been around for sometime now and may be Maruti would bring in a modified version.  There are still a lot of Gypsy die-hard fans out there in spite of its low mileage.  Gypsy would have sold out like hot cakes with a diesel motor.  The DDIS motor would have been perfect even in the present Gypsy, perhaps with a facelift.  But seems like Maruti had other strategic plans.  Indian auto market is on a high but there are still a lot of voids to be filled and many are craving for niche vehicles like these.  Hope our manufacturers take note. 

Jitz

Actually, if Maruti can launch this under 7 lakhs, I think you will have a winner! At the moment, there is no small SUV in the market! This will create a very niche segment which no other manufacturer would be able to match.

i think maruti is so engrossed in the saloons and small cars it has completely forgot that they had something called a gypsy(a great suv) and the jimmy looks good( right dimensions for a city ride)and hope that someday they launch it here also...any one in maruti listning to us....HELLOOOOOO

Sound like a good idea if they can launch it under 7 lakhs,but why would one go for a mini SUV that costs less than 7 lakhs when you can buy a full size like the Sumo Grande for the same price.

The Jimny doesnt have good reviews in Europe where it sells and is

supposed to be quite cramped with not such good ride and

handling.  Maruti should have produced the Vitara in India and

launched it at around 10 lakhs. Ths same mistake was done by Hyundai by

importing the Tucson. I dont understand why companies dont recognize

that Indians are crazy for SUVs and they will just lap it up if it's at

a decent price. Jimny @ 7 lakhs will clearly be overpriced since it

seats only 4 and when it does so, there is no space for luggage. 

Yes Adi, and that's because it's imported as a Completely Built Unit.

Now, imagine if it was manufactured here and had the 1.9l Fiat Multi

jet engine??? Why would any one go for a Scorpio or a Safari? and

Scorpio almost sells 2k units every month. If that is not good enough

volumes for Maruti what is? At that price there was a high probability

of it (Vitara) expanding the SUV market in addition to pulling

customers from other UVs.... 

Jimny can be called the latest avataar of a Gypsy which was loved by people so much .This model will be successful if launched in the  6-7.5lac category

If it goes above this price it will face competition from the scorpio and the lot  who are bigger/spaciuos and will defiitely lose out in absolute sales volumes and will become a niche product than a mass product .If launched at six lakhs this car will be hugely successful.